User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Survivor Needs Love

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While the issue of hostile survivors is pertinent, it is separate from the fact that the survivor role is currently a victim of power-creep, regardless of what hardcore xenomains might claim.
    Luca Jagemann, the cynical colonial with the prescription glasses.

Ancient Synth Williams, on another rescue mission in Brazil.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outcast Seer View Post
    While the issue of hostile survivors is pertinent, it is separate from the fact that the survivor role is currently a victim of power-creep, regardless of what hardcore xenomains might claim.
    Oh snap you called people who disagree with you xenomains. Damn that was brilliant now their opinions are completely invalid. Good job guy. You win the arguement.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    Oh snap you called people who disagree with you xenomains. Damn that was brilliant now their opinions are completely invalid. Good job guy. You win the arguement.
    Finest CABAL's school of CM arguments. I can recognise it on the first look. However, I have to give it "B-", because its "benomain", not some "xenomain".

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Survivor needs death.

Community Mentor
    11-14-2019

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    To clarify: I consistently play both marine and xeno, but prefer survivor over unga due to issues that come with being a marine (the minority of power-abusing OOC protected MPs, Nazi COs, general incompetence) or a ship side role (see: body dragging simulator). I consistently experience what’s its like to be a survivor, and what it’s like to go up against survivors. I condemn both “xenomain” and “marinemain” opinions because they blatantly lack perspective to the point of parody.

TLDR: Show me that you know what it’s like to play survivor on the current live version, and not just through the eyes of a xeno, if you want to convince me of your position.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChengChan View Post
    Survivor needs death.

Okay Cheng

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outcast Seer View Post
    To clarify: I consistently play both marine and xeno, but prefer survivor over unga due to issues that come with being a marine (the minority of power-abusing OOC protected MPs, Nazi COs, general incompetence) or a ship side role (see: body dragging simulator). I consistently experience what’s its like to be a survivor, and what it’s like to go up against survivors. I condemn both “xenomain” and “marinemain” opinions because they blatantly lack perspective to the point of parody.

TLDR: Show me that you know what it’s like to play survivor on the current live version, and not just through the eyes of a xeno, if you want to convince me of your position.
    Nobody needs to convince you of their opinion because you are the minority. Most people don't play survivor multiple times, even if they touch it, most people just go back to Xeno or Marine when they, in all likelihood, get killed as survivor.

I don't think any survivor issue really holds a degree of priority. Removing them serves no purpose, but in what way would you change them that both improves the experience for non-survivors and is worth the time of the devs?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyvrem View Post
    Nobody needs to convince you of their opinion because you are the minority. Most people don't play survivor multiple times, even if they touch it, most people just go back to Xeno or Marine when they, in all likelihood, get killed as survivor.

I don't think any survivor issue really holds a degree of priority. Removing them serves no purpose, but in what way would you change them that both improves the experience for non-survivors and is worth the time of the devs?
    I wasn't going to bother posting on the forum not much reason as it's unlikely to change anything, but I'v got to ask why would a survivor change assuming one actually happened NEED to improve the experience for non-survivors, or are you talking about improving it for non-survivor mains playing the survivor role?

Rest of this post will be in response to the main topic:
    I heavily agree, survivors still have a few solid annoying bug's lurking around one of which is vanishing in the next main update (Lack of access to medical vendors) however the other is a bit of a pain as it only effects ICE and corsat(at least the last time I played corsat) where you spawn with no shoes/ snowcoat

1. My recommended changes would be to improve the quality of what survivors spawn with, currently we are still kind of stuck in the past spawning with things like hatchet's or saws sometimes a pistol and sometimes without any form of backpack/satchel(Botanist/CL/salesman) my solution: Spawn survivors with some better starting gear(SMG/Shotgun with no spare ammo for said weapon) gear ammo on most map's is fine the only real problematic map in regards to weapons and ammo is LV which is pretty outdated in terms of on map loot for the current size of the player base.

2.Grouping survivor spawns together so that all survivors spawn in a single spot, this is more just for coordination whilst giving you a few more people to talk to assuming they don't go off on a solo trip.

3. Giving survivor's value to marines while at the same time their value also being useful for their current survival, This is likely the thing that would take the most time to implement depending on what dev's decided to do with it, you can't just go "Survivors are now worth DEFCON/Research access levels" as while that might be useful to marines/research to the survivor players who have worked to survive those 30 minutes their value is worthless to them self's you might get something out of it if you happened to spawn as a researcher(RP with fellow researchers), my suggestion would be to give them something that is useful to them for the period in which they are "Surviving"(Those 30 min's) and something that ground side marines would value after as well.

3/1. This could be something like a ammunition printer/Auto doc's ect or some device that more fit's the role of each survivor(So a scientist/doctor get something that's related to their profession) this devices could be powered using the upcoming crystals which in turn would connect survivor's to the FOB update.
    Last edited by Digitalattack; 03-12-2020 at 02:17 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They really need to give survivors some random buck, slugs are so useless since we can't a land a shot for shit. Maybe improve their shooting skills and spawn them with rifles or SMGs too. Also, I still stand by that Trijent Dam survivors should get their own APC lmao.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lagfnacy View Post
    They really need to give survivors some random buck, slugs are so useless since we can't a land a shot for shit. Maybe improve their shooting skills and spawn them with rifles or SMGs too. Also, I still stand by that Trijent Dam survivors should get their own APC lmao.
    All survivors shooting skills are equal to PFC's(except the Solaris PMC survivor spawn which has firearms 2), the main problem with slugs is they don't really deal a large amount of damage, as they are mostly a supporting tool which is a lot more effective with the larger numbers that marines have.