User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Survivor Needs Love

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I refuse to believe that, I can't hit doodo as survivor.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lagfnacy View Post
    I refuse to believe that, I can't hit doodo as survivor.
    Slug on top of minimal stun has minimal damage, minimal armor damage and minimal accuracy. It sacrifaces everything buckshot has for a bit longer range, so its not worth it. Its "shellshock" mechanic is bugged, it is supposed to cancel and lock for a while beno abilities. You can fucking shoot entire shotgun magazine at boiler who is during his gas windup and he will shoot it anyway. It only stops warrior grab, because it also stuns him, otherwise it wouldn't do anything.
    Slug is useless and don't let anyone tell you otherwise, because everything becomes effective when en masse. Even pistols en masse are better than slugs en masse.
    Fucking banzai charge with boot knifes can be effective if half of the squad proceeds fearlessly.

If anything, slugs are supposed to be used only by one marine in small group, max 4 marines in squad during High Pop.
    Any firearm in the same large quantity is better than slug.

Take it from Slug vet, who used it as long as he plays.
    Last edited by CABAL; 03-12-2020 at 03:29 PM.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Meh can still get some use with slug as a way to stop a tier 1-2 from running away. Not the best but it has some use.

For survivor gang you need 2+ slugging to get best value aka killing potential out of it. Currently worse map for survivors is LV since there is no where to hide and no were to really hold out. It a question of how many xenos you can dunk before dying. The rest you got a bit more options but big red it is either run around, get lucky that no tier 3 just smashes the shock doors down, or closet hide. Ice-Trijent-Corsat-Sora are big enough to hide somewhere. Prison just fortify in engineering since drones will almost never get weeds there, if that fails warden since crushers will have hard time getting a crush route to it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On prison I sometimes see fortifications in the tram stop south of LZ1. Is that a decent place to hold out or is that a noob trap?

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UnwaveringGrey View Post
    On prison I sometimes see fortifications in the tram stop south of LZ1. Is that a decent place to hold out or is that a noob trap?
    Used to be good but the tier 3 wave at 12:15 makes it not as good anymore. Too easy for crushers to make you dead. Maybe the train itself can be defended but warden should be a better hold out then. Still biggest risk is boiler gassing. Best hold out is engineering and just run around killing aliens as they hit shock doors to spook them away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    Its "shellshock" mechanic is bugged,
    From what I've seen in recent xeno rounds, it might not interrupt abilities, but it does prevent the use. This does affect t3s, even if the stun won't. I wouldn't call it useless, but it is kind of niche there. Like when a xeno runs at you and intends to escape by charging, that's when it serves a purpose. There's a few other abilities where it might be relevant, like the insanely powerful Dance Prae harpoon-tail or the Warrior Grab. It also makes baldies freak out, but, so does the noise of the M4RA Battle Rifle firing in bursts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lagfnacy View Post
    They really need to give survivors some random buck, slugs are so useless since we can't a land a shot for shit. Maybe improve their shooting skills and spawn them with rifles or SMGs too. Also, I still stand by that Trijent Dam survivors should get their own APC lmao.
    well, trijent has cars/trucks, but not working

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Someone made a suggestion on gitlab that is basically a PMC/CLF/UPP etc. little squad that spawns somewhere, probably got cades and shit and need to hold there so marines, possibly, come and rescue them. In LV, for example, they could spawn in the Secure Dome, on Solaris in Marshalls, Prison in Engineering or Crashed ship etc. It will also give a little bit to the story of the round, making it more interesting. I think the guy suggested SGs/Specs, lemme get you a link: https://gitlab.com/cmdevs/ColonialMa...-/issues/10382

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ladwhy View Post
    Someone made a suggestion on gitlab that is basically a PMC/CLF/UPP etc. little squad that spawns somewhere, probably got cades and shit and need to hold there so marines, possibly, come and rescue them. In LV, for example, they could spawn in the Secure Dome, on Solaris in Marshalls, Prison in Engineering or Crashed ship etc. It will also give a little bit to the story of the round, making it more interesting. I think the guy suggested SGs/Specs, lemme get you a link: https://gitlab.com/cmdevs/ColonialMa...-/issues/10382
    While I think such an addition would be nice, it still doesn’t address current challenges that survivors face. As example, on the test branch colony medvendors we’re finally fixed, but now somehow engineering vendors got broken.
    Luca Jagemann, the cynical colonial with the prescription glasses.

Ancient Synth Williams, on another rescue mission in Brazil.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There should be 1 medic and an engineer, 1 enlisted, one SL and one SG/Spec. Spec will be a rare spawn, so yeah. Also, there should be pre spawned cades or the engineer should have 50 metal and 30 plasteel along with the other squad members. It would be a cool addition to the game and will make me(and possibly others) start rolling for survivors again.