User Tag List

Thread: "newbie" ranks for ppl who are new to a certain job.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"newbie" ranks for ppl who are new to a certain job.

title, do you agree, yes no maybe...?

yes i know about the private rank but like more
    Chaotic puppet-master from hell

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    remove new people

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good idea. make cm whitelist only
    Chaotic puppet-master from hell

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like it. I thought the private/pfc change was really cool so this would be a welcome addition.

At least for me when you see a private it means you should try to help them out a little more, stay clear of their friendly fire, be less salty when they mess up, and ahelp when 50% of the time when they immediately start swinging on dudes the second they get out of cryosleep.

If they did something like "intern" for new doctors it would at least make me rage less over comms when I watch them execute someone by repeatedly ejecting them from a running autodoc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would there be one for every "entry level role"? So Pvt/PFC for ungas, 2nd Lieutenant/1st Lieutenant for staff officers & pilots, Intern/Doctor, Graduate Student/Researcher? I can't think up what the rank distinctions would be for CT, MT, MP, medic, engineer, spec, and squad leader off the top of my head.

Do each of them have "newbie" ranks though, or are only some roles important enough for that? I imagine it would be cluttered if every role had a "newbie" rank. Which so you guys think it actually matters for (aside from squad marine, which needs it)?

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any entry level into a field; marine, researcher, SO, CT,MT, MP, maybe even for VC, PO, and doctor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CS190 View Post
    If they did something like "intern" for new doctors it would at least make me rage less over comms when I watch them execute someone by repeatedly ejecting them from a running autodoc.
    I had a doctor who ignored me for a good ten minutes to tend to a guy who was literally malingering. Then he threw me into the auto-doc. I was infected. There definitely needs to be an “in training” for any vital position, that doesn’t use up the slots or trick the players into thinking that they have at least one person who won’t give you 60u of bica then walk away cause they think you’re fixed now.

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those who want to learn the game will find everything they need in the wiki, the various forum guides and using the mhelp system. You won't even recognize them and the newbie rank would likely give them more trouble than it's worth for no good reason.

Those who do not, however - no amount of wiki linking, bwoinking, snowflake ranks and IC yelling will help. Perhaps timelocks and the relaxation of IE rules will, though.
    Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would be cool but as of now I'm not so sure the "pvt." thing is even accurate or how it works. some people who've been playing a while still have PVT when they play PFC. but overall, it seems like a cool change just to know if someone's a newbie
    Jonathan Hogg/SHP

Whitelisted Captain BatHoovyDood's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly sounds like a pretty solid idea. The addition of PVT to PFCs was a nice touch, and could work well in a lot of roles. The addition of the SEA is also a good sign that CM might be moving towards welcoming new people (at least by ss-13 standards).
    - Squad Leader Cassandra 'Boston' Ellis (and overconfident CO)

(Probably already dead)