Byond ID?
    Critilius

CM Character?
    Aden Cooper

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    GMT+1

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    25 Give or Take

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    Yes, My experiences are as follows. I used to be a staff member for an Arma-3 RP server 2 years ago or so. 5-7 years ago I was an admin for a CSS Community Server that used to run mg, surf,dr, etc.

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    Yes, I do, sometimes I boot TG to have a laugh and kill some time.

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    No I am not.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    I have never been banned or reported in CM. The only ban I have is 1 EORG from when I first joined.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    I have been banned on Paradise for self antag. 2-3 months ago.

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Yes .

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    The issue is already under control by the Honorable Military Police Department, giving me the time to focus and understand what has happened more clearly.

The first thing I would do is check the player’s note history if the individual is new I would link him to the Marine Quick Start guide.

If he is not new, I would simply ask him to explain himself and proceed to check the player’s notes. If this issue is prevalent and has occurred many other times in the past I would proceed with the appropriate action.[Note the individual or to ban] as shooting other marines is a violation of Rule 4.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    The first order of action from me would be to ask the marine sending the ahelp to explain the situation in more detail as I go through logs in the meanwhile to understand if there was a rule predator honor code breach in this case which one or to understand if there was a rule breach in general.

If there is a breach in the Predator Honor Code, I would tell the marine to collect as much evidence as he can to inform the White List Council of the code breach by creating a player report, if they wish to do so. Inform the Council of the protocol breach.

If there is a general rule break, I would follow the standard procedure to check previous notes, current logs to understand the situation and proceed with the appropriate action. [Eg. Note and a warning, Ban]

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    I have started seeing quite a lot of people in this situation recently and I do have experience in dealing with new players as I was new myself once.

The first thing I would do would be to, see if a player will notice this player and help him ICly, if this is not the case I would ask a SEA[Mentor] to help this individual if possible and show him the basics of CM and most likely SS13.

The second thing I would do would be to link the player the Quick Starter Guide in the wiki if there is no SEA available and make sure he is able to us Mentor and Admin help tabs.

If I am not burdened by ahelps and have free time I would do my best to help this individual to learn the basics of CM, SS13.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    I am not influenced by words as they have no bearing or effect on my behavior, how I think or how I act. Professionalism is one of the most important values a moderator should posses, during my time with this individual I would stay calm and talk with patience and in an understanding manner.

I would make it clear to this individual that since I have taken his ahelp, I would be dealing with the current issue and if he/she feels that I am being unreasonable I would inform him to create a Staff Report.

If the individual is very toxic and I am unable to communicate to him regarding his issue, I would link the server rules and tell him/her this behavior is not allowed on the server and get him to calm down to the best of my abilities.

If he still persists on breaking rule 3 even after being informed of his/her behavior and server rules. I would fallow the Standard Operation Check notes, try to communicate[in this case the issue is this matter], 3-hour ban.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    I would check the individuals playtime and previous notes. Then I would inform him of Rule 12 specifically stating that Lt John Doe is a name that is not allowed in the server, at the same time linking the rule page on the CM Wiki. I would also let the player know if he has any other questions he/she would like to ask to the Moderators, I would be happy to answer them.

Then I would follow the procedure and note the player regarding the Rule breach of the Rule 12 Character Names. The note would not be significant and it would only inform the staff members looking at the player’s notes of the Rule Breach that has occurred and the player was previously warned.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    This, in my opinion, seems to be an IC issue. Honorable Military Police Department is there to deal with situations such as these as this may breach Marine Law it does not concern me. I have full confidence in the MPs to handle this issue when they are aware of it.

As I have stated previously if the MT is not breaching rules and is doing his job, this does not concern me.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    I would ask the marine to provide all the evidence he is able to, While I check the logs and get an understanding of the situation. I would inform the survivor of this situation and ask to explain to him/her self. I would check the survivor’s notes and playtime in the meanwhile to get a better understanding of what may have happened with the help of the logs.

If there is a Rule 2 breach which states, [Survivors may NOT be hostile unless they have been spawned as hostile survivors (CLF).] I would take action regarding the notes and logs. If the survivor is Clean in the note section I would issue a warning link the Rules Wiki and add a player note, If he/she has been warned before, for this reason, I would follow up with a ban.

If I am not able to determine what has happened, I cannot take action the most I can do is to ask the marine to create a player report on this matter.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    This is a breach of the ML and SOP.
    Running into requisitions can be charged with trespassing.
    Taking an attachment lying around can be charged with thievery.

These charges added do not justify Permanent confinement.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The first thing I would do would be to check the MP’s playtime and notes to see if this is a new player. If this is the case I would simply PM the MP and explain to him the arrest was a breach of SOP and ML and link the CM Wiki, and inform the player to read these fully and have a clear understanding of how to act and play as an MP role.

I would tell the MP to decrease the sentence according to crimes since Permanent confinement was not lawful and add a note to the player. Informing the staff members that he was warned for breaching ML and SOP.

If the MP is not new and has been warned for SOP breaches before I would fallow with the appropriate action.[ Possible ban considering the severity of previous notes and add a note.
    There is also the possibility the prisoner is lying, in this case, I would take no action and let the sentence continue.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    Simply telling each side to kill each other is lame and boring for the player base.

I would do my best to create a role-playing scenario for both sides, to make it more engaging and fun to the best of my abilities and capabilities as a CM-Moderator.

I would message the CO, XO, Whoever may be in charge of the operation VIA fax and inform him of his/her duties to the USCM and the great importance of the colony. Simply hinting towards a redeployment. I would love to use the CO Vessel Names etc we have in the command channel, where COs make their own vessels for Lore and RP. I would very most likely use this as it would be amazing to see them in action.

I would also message the Queen and hit the Aliens towards an offensive for the glory of the hive, and to climb to the stars as a part of their next evolutionary next step.

I would do different scenarios as I encounter these stagnant rounds to the best of my abilities.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    This looks like an IC issue. I would talk to this individual and teach them how to properly administer medicine to prevent ODs. If the issue persists I would ahelp and request the assistance of another Moderator, since I am involved with the current situation.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    This is perfectly fine, USCM is hostile towards CLF and is an IC issue. I would inform the CLF member this is an IC issue and is perfectly fine as both factions are hostile towards each other.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    This looks like an IC issue but there is a problem.
    This behavior is a breach in Roleplay standards especially during the round start, as there is no reason for a marine to be outright disarming,punching and stealing gear from other marines.
    I would warn the player that this behavior is against server rules Rule 2 and link the CM-Rules Wiki page. I would note the player regarding this behavior and give a warning. If the player has a history of breaching Rule 2 this may lead to a ban.

This may also escalate to a breach of Rule 4, in that case, the issue becomes more significant and can damage the round integrity itself and issues like this should be looked at as fast as possible in my opinion.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    The first thing to do here is to check logs and understand the initiation and escalation.

This is a breach of Rule 14 Lethal Force, I would check the note history of the killer and inform him of Rule 14 and that he is not allowed to kill someone for punching him/her. If the note history is clean I would issue a warning and add a note, if otherwise and he has been warned before this may be followed with a ban.

This may also be intentional logs and notes will help me determine if there was a Rule 4 breach as well.

I would also revive the dead marine since there is no reason for someone to lose his life over a punch or a possible griefer.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    1)Send an OOC message informing the players that current mutiny does not meet the requirements and there is no active mutiny currently. I would also make sure to link the Mutiny Rule Wiki link.

2)If the marines ignore the OOC message I would try to locate the leader or the leaders of the mutiny and inform that as I have n the first OOC message.

3) If the mutineers still ignore the OOC and Private Messages to cease the illegal mutiny, actions may be taken regarding this situation.[Possible ban, note] Before resulting in administrative action however I would make sure these individuals are aware of the current situation and are not blindly following a mutiny without reading chat, etc. In this case, I would sleep them to achieve this.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    The first thing I would do would be to check the logs and collect evidence.[Who said what and the initial comments.]
    Racism and Bigotry are not allowed on this server and is a rule breach.
    I would PM the person making the racist comments and warn him that this behavior is against the server rules and should not be repeated and link the CM Rules Wiki Page. I would add a note regarding the situation.
    If this is a common occurrence and the player has previous notes regarding racism etc, this may lead to a ban.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    Killing marines is a rule breach, normally I would try to talk and communicate with the individual but since he left the server, I assume it was a griefer.

I would apply a ban after inspecting the logs and try to get an admin to heal the dead marines.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    I would message the player and tell them to explain themselves.
    It is very important where this issue occurred because sometimes you can spawn in the safety of the hive, next to a marine or simply get lost and die on accident.
    If the player has ran from the safety of the hive directly towards the enemy this is a breach of Rule 4. I would check the notes and proceed with a warning and add a note if the player is new or has a clear note history if that is not the case this may result in a ban for breach of Rule 4 No griefing.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    I would PM the Exeno and ask him to explain himself regarding the LRP and insulting the queen. I would inform him that this kind of behavior is Low RP and is against the server rules, I would inform the player of the RP standards and link the CM Rules Page. Then proceed to warn or take action regarding the player’s note history.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    I believe calling the DS a drop-ship as an exenos is not LRP. When I play exenos I see aliens call marine weapons, vehicles by their real names some times and it is not that big of an issue as marines call exenos for their real castes as well. I do enjoy RP with exenos and marines and I would love to have good RP interactions, but this is simply not LRP.

I would PM the player that has requested an ahelp and inform him that this is not LRP behavior and no action is needed.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    I would inform the Command Staff that although USCM is aware of the existence of the exenos, What is to be expected on the colony is unknown and exenos are simply a possible threat along with many other possible threats eg.CLF. Give the player a link of the RP standards in the CM Wiki.

I would also let the player that has requested the ahelp that the issue has been dealt with.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    I would check the logs before I proceed to take any action, and I would let the player know I would get back to him/her shortly.
    If I find no RP reason and proper escalation before the incident this is a breach of Rule 14 and possibly Rule 4. I would check the player that has killed the marine for notes and take action regarding his/her previous dealings, possibly warn, note or ban the player.

If there is proper escalation and RP regarding the incident I would consider this IC issue and let the player know that this is an IC issue and that no action is necessary.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    I have no problem with this, what he/she thinks and says in LOOC is none of my business, if the player has an issue with me regarding SOP, breach of rules etc he/she is very welcome to submit a staff report.

If the player breaks Rule 3 eg. calling me or anyone else racist slurs etc, I would ahelp since I am involved.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    This is an IC issue I would PM the player the following message.

Hi, although what has happened is unfortunate and unlucky, this is an IC issue and not action can be taken.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    I would let the staff member know that the following information provided by you was wrong please check the logs regarding eg. I would do this separately of course and kindly ask the Staff member to let the player know we are dealing with the situation.

I believe these decisions should be talked in a calm and professional manner, we are all trying to provide for the community and sometimes mistakes do happen. Who knows perhaps I was wrong and missed an important part of the situation.

Communication and Cooperation.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    I would personally try to avoid getting involved in a situation like this if I may not understand the situation fully. If there is an apparent problem with the given decision, I would try to communicate and understand the staff members’ decision and if I still feel that there are injustice and a problem, in this case, I would talk to a manager about it.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    Hello, I play SS-13 quite often and I love this game more than any other game I currently have. I love Colonial Marines both the game itself and the community, I try to be active whenever I have free time and always leave with a new experience and enjoyment I have had during the time I have played.

Colonial Marines Community is amazing and I am glad I am part of this community, I have met lots of people during my time here and I love it. I have received a lot from the community and I want to provide for it as the best of my abilities. I believe I can help new players understand where people are coming from, and do my best to help improve the Colonial Marines game experience and possibly allow new players to enjoy the game as I did when I first started playing.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    The most important qualities for a moderator is as follows,
    Professionalism, Organization, Empathy, and Patience.
    Communication and Cooperation are also important values all moderators should posses.

Anything else you
    I am very happy and nervous in sending this application, I do hope it gets accepted.

Please do give feedback regarding what you think and how you feel about me both in the community and in the game.

Have a CM day.
    Last edited by Critilius; 03-11-2020 at 02:47 AM. Reason: I wrote Nervuds instead of nervous

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Critilius is a fantastic player. He's helpful both in-game and out, and I am certain he'd be a fine staff member. +1

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    Just throwing out there that you can also mute their ahelp if required. Otherwise everything seems appropriate.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    It is also naturally important to ask them to give you a name to change it to, which you can then change it to in-game (if reasonable).

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    This is a breach of the ML and SOP.
    There is a job-ban that would likely come before the actual banning of someone in this case due to lack of knowledge in Marine Law. Additionally, if the reporter was lying I'd likely see action taken on them for such.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    As a Trial-Mod, you won't be able to send faxes at all other than silent messages. I like your idea though. You can message the hive as the Queen Mother though.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    A mass sleep may also be appropriate here if things are spiralling out of control.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    As far as I'm aware, minor racist comments IC are perfectly fine as a marine. Things like randomly saying racist words (which is most of the ahelps we get) or things like 18+ statements (i.e. CBT) are not okay.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    In most cases, this is usually an immediate seven day ban and a file for perma-ban.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    You can also substitute a ban for a xeno-ban as well. In some (rare) cases, the larva don't actually know the way to go to safety and end up getting killed by going the wrong way. Rarely...

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    In this case, proper escalation really isn't needed if the aliens are nearly about to murder you.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    Again, a mute of LOOC, D-Chat, AHelp is appropriate here as well.

You didn't post anything too wrong for most, I was just clarifying or opening your eyes to other possibilities in your answers. Additionally there are some grammar mistakes on the side.

Edit: +1
    Last edited by Cherry; 03-15-2020 at 11:12 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First WLs now mod? Who are ya? Frans?

Rem refined your answers so with that I see no problem with ya being given a shot at moderating here!

So +1 from me as I know you well in the Discord and you take a good foot hold in the community!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Cherry @Doctor Compy and @Ugnip55 for your feedback.
    I have read the refined responses and I do agree and understand them, they are coming from more experienced individuals from the community which is always good to have.
    Last edited by Critilius; 03-15-2020 at 02:46 AM.
    Aden Cooper

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The answers are already refined, and there doesn't seem to be any major issues currently.

I see no reason not to give you a +1 to get a pass for attempting Trial-Mod and can see good things.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    All right, Hello Critilius, Thanks for applying for the Moderation team. Let's go thru some points shall we?

Inform the Council of the protocol breach.
    There is no need to inform the council about it. They will be eventually informed on player reports.

If I am not burdened by ahelps and have free time I would do my best to help this individual to learn the basics of CM, SS13.
    If you're burdened by ahelps, you shouldn't take a ahelp which will consume more of your attention and guidance. we have a channel on discord where you can request help. You're not required to embrace the whole playerbase alone. If you're alone and you're already handling other issues like griefing or improper escalation which already require some attention, then let the ahelp sit and repeat and take it when you're already resolved the others.

f he/she feels that I am being unreasonable I would inform him to create a Staff Report.
    Nope. Staff Reports are to investigate or direct missconducts or failure on procedures and protocols. Telling a player to fill a staff report because they didn't like the outcome of the investigation is asking for a frivolous report which will waste time from the mod/admin log diving this issue, and the manager which will have to sit and read the evidences.

If the individual is very toxic and I am unable to communicate to him regarding his issue, I would link the server rules and tell him/her this behavior is not allowed on the server and get him to calm down to the best of my abilities.

If he still persists on breaking rule 3 even after being informed of his/her behavior and server rules. I would fallow the Standard Operation Check notes, try to communicate[in this case the issue is this matter], 3-hour ban.
    If the individual is very toxic, you can ask him to calm down. If he refuses, you can proceed to give him a 3 hour ban so he can chill out. CM can be Rage-inducing.

Alright, Let's pay a bit of attention here:

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    I would ask the marine to provide all the evidence he is able to, While I check the logs and get an understanding of the situation. I would inform the survivor of this situation and ask to explain to him/her self. I would check the survivor’s notes and playtime in the meanwhile to get a better understanding of what may have happened with the help of the logs.

If there is a Rule 2 breach which states, [Survivors may NOT be hostile unless they have been spawned as hostile survivors (CLF).] I would take action regarding the notes and logs. If the survivor is Clean in the note section I would issue a warning link the Rules Wiki and add a player note, If he/she has been warned before, for this reason, I would follow up with a ban.

If I am not able to determine what has happened, I cannot take action the most I can do is to ask the marine to create a player report on this matter.
    I know that is written on the rules page, HOWEVER, We have a announcement from the Former Admin Manager Soldier that states CLEARLY that Hostile Survivors are Banned until they recieve a rework from Devs or they are part of a Admin Event. And that's still applicable today unless revoked by the Management Team.

Depending on the Severity of the of the harm caused by the survivor, it may jump to a 3 hour ban.

Simply telling each side to kill each other is lame and boring for the player base.

I would do my best to create a role-playing scenario for both sides, to make it more engaging and fun to the best of my abilities and capabilities as a CM-Moderator.

I would message the CO, XO, Whoever may be in charge of the operation VIA fax and inform him of his/her duties to the USCM and the great importance of the colony. Simply hinting towards a redeployment. I would love to use the CO Vessel Names etc we have in the command channel, where COs make their own vessels for Lore and RP. I would very most likely use this as it would be amazing to see them in action.

I would also message the Queen and hit the Aliens towards an offensive for the glory of the hive, and to climb to the stars as a part of their next evolutionary next step.

I would do different scenarios as I encounter these stagnant rounds to the best of my abilities.
    Your idea is good, however mods don't have the Fax initiative. They can reply, but they cannot send a fax.

Also, telling them to kill each other may be seen as boring for the alive players, however, on this state, you shouldn't consider the alive ones, but the amount of observers. I have seen rounds where the queen ran out of larvas and ended up with 7 xenos and the marines got pushed back and evacuated to almayer. Some rounds you have a low amount of observers, on long rounds the number of observers may reach 100-120.

Making 100-120 observers to sit and wait for more 20-30 minutes on a round that last 2 hours is no gucci, so it's the best interest to speed up and make it end quick. Using XOOC is the best alternative for mods.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    This looks like an IC issue. I would talk to this individual and teach them how to properly administer medicine to prevent ODs. If the issue persists I would ahelp and request the assistance of another Moderator, since I am involved with the current situation.
    Alright, You'll notice something when you're playing some important roles like medic/doctor or PO. You'll get Tunnel vision very quick , very fast when things get hectic which 7-8 marines yelling medic and there is you and another player. The best thing you do is direct the issue to another person to check and teach the other player if needed. Medic is a highly dynamic role, if you take some of your time to teach another medic how to do HIS job, you'll get yelled by players. A lot.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    This looks like an IC issue but there is a problem.
    This behavior is a breach in Roleplay standards especially during the round start, as there is no reason for a marine to be outright disarming,punching and stealing gear from other marines.
    I would warn the player that this behavior is against server rules Rule 2 and link the CM-Rules Wiki page. I would note the player regarding this behavior and give a warning. If the player has a history of breaching Rule 2 this may lead to a ban.

This may also escalate to a breach of Rule 4, in that case, the issue becomes more significant and can damage the round integrity itself and issues like this should be looked at as fast as possible in my opinion.
    There is a thin line which defines a IC issue from a OOC issue, and that line is when that starts to cause Havok when the round is starting. Those memey things usually end in MPs intervening and Mass brawls between the MPs and some Squads.

This situation in question is Round Start Shenanigans. If there is minor things like Boots, IC issue. If M5 RPG or any other sort of unique equipment, we have a ooc issue right there.

Another thin line of definition:

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    The first thing to do here is to check logs and understand the initiation and escalation.

This is a breach of Rule 14 Lethal Force, I would check the note history of the killer and inform him of Rule 14 and that he is not allowed to kill someone for punching him/her. If the note history is clean I would issue a warning and add a note, if otherwise and he has been warned before this may be followed with a ban.

This may also be intentional logs and notes will help me determine if there was a Rule 4 breach as well.

I would also revive the dead marine since there is no reason for someone to lose his life over a punch or a possible griefer.
    Even if the marines in question escalated the fight, dosen't means they didn't break the rule. When you intend to use the Lethal force you NEED a solid reason for that. If they escalate the fight but the fight escalated because one stole the other boots, still is a rule 14 breach. Basically, you need to have a SOLID reason and must escalate correctly in order to go escape this rule and 97% of the times, they fail on one of the pre-requisits.

1)Send an OOC message informing the players that current mutiny does not meet the requirements and there is no active mutiny currently. I would also make sure to link the Mutiny Rule Wiki link.

2)If the marines ignore the OOC message I would try to locate the leader or the leaders of the mutiny and inform that as I have n the first OOC message.

3) If the mutineers still ignore the OOC and Private Messages to cease the illegal mutiny, actions may be taken regarding this situation.[Possible ban, note] Before resulting in administrative action however I would make sure these individuals are aware of the current situation and are not blindly following a mutiny without reading chat, etc. In this case, I would sleep them to achieve this.
    Good, we have been granted with a tool to Sleep everyone in view. If you have information of a unauthorized mutiny on going, and they are all bunched up, you can sleep them first and ask questions later.

I would check the logs before I proceed to take any action, and I would let the player know I would get back to him/her shortly.
    If I find no RP reason and proper escalation before the incident this is a breach of Rule 14 and possibly Rule 4. I would check the player that has killed the marine for notes and take action regarding his/her previous dealings, possibly warn, note or ban the player.

If there is proper escalation and RP regarding the incident I would consider this IC issue and let the player know that this is an IC issue and that no action is necessary.
    This is a situation which must be dealt carefully as it rarely happens but it has a different way to approach.

Marines are not Required to Escalate the fight on this situation. They only need a solid reason. If the queen is at the south pods on second line of cades and there is only one line holding her, Mostly 10-15 seconds until that melt or even less if get slashed to destruction, you won't have time to escalate or RP it, You'll probally PB the player and enter the pod to save your life.

I have no problem with this, what he/she thinks and says in LOOC is none of my business, if the player has an issue with me regarding SOP, breach of rules etc he/she is very welcome to submit a staff report.

If the player breaks Rule 3 eg. calling me or anyone else racist slurs etc, I would ahelp since I am involved.
    Again, That's asking for a frivolous report. If the player start cursing you or salting on LOOC, you can ask him to stop, If he refuses, follow the escalation, if you noted him, escalate to a three hour ban. You don't need to ahelp, even if you're involved. You won't be punished for that.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    I would let the staff member know that the following information provided by you was wrong please check the logs regarding eg. I would do this separately of course and kindly ask the Staff member to let the player know we are dealing with the situation.

I believe these decisions should be talked in a calm and professional manner, we are all trying to provide for the community and sometimes mistakes do happen. Who knows perhaps I was wrong and missed an important part of the situation.

Communication and Cooperation.
    And if that dosen't happen? What you do?

Have said all of those, i belive you have a chance on staff, but i think you lack a bit of the iron fist on rule enforcement.

Accept those as Construtive Criticism.

I'll stay neutral until there is more input from the other moderators and i may decide my vote on the next day or two.
    Last edited by Hunk1; 03-15-2020 at 09:00 PM. Reason: fixed typos and added a greeting text
    and i returned, and left. and returned again 19/06/2022, this is my life now.

Former Moderator Trainer. If you have any questions regarding Moderation Duties, feel free to DM me: Hunk1#9842

A bigger truth has never been spoken.

Props to nanu for the picture.

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it'd be worth giving you a trial, worst case scenario you fail but I don't see that happening.

+1

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Iron fist will be learned on the job. I do not see any point in denying a trial in this case.

+1
    Bert 'SOAB' Beach CARGONIA
    Henrik & Leeroy SYNTHETIC
    Rau'ta H'chak YAUTJA

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

"Honestly, how can you hire this cunt? You must be really fucked up to hire someone like him."

sexy avatar by Manezinho

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You've too many notes in recent months for me to support your application at this time.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001