User Tag List

Thread: stargaze - Developer Application (Spriter)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

stargaze - Developer Application (Spriter)

Developer Application
    Byond ID?
    markwhite

Age?

Gender?
    Transgender

How would you define yourself? (Coder, Mapper, Spriter):
    Spriter

If Coder, what languages?
    -

Any previous experience developing with SS13?
    No

Proof of any previous or current work:

How well do you know Git?
    I don't know it

Your primary job is server development, not policing the server. You may be given Moderator-level of access but you should *not* be invoking any administrative actions unless there are no moderators or Admins online. Do you understand?
    Yes

Anything else you'd like to add?
    I've worked with big icons in Naruto Fuuinjutsu Elite, Naruto Blind Spot of the Souls and also worked on Azusa RP. For now i only do commissions and random arts in DeviantArt, most of the time with Digimon Pixel Arts. https://www.deviantart.com/frintezza1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Stargaze, and thank you for making a development application.

First and foremost, apologies for the delay in reply here. The Lead Spriter, Frans Feiffer, isn't available to handle your application at this time, so I'll be subbing in for them, and will be handling your application from here on.

While your sprites are impressive, we cannot accurately gauge your aptitude with working on 32x32px projects that are readable within the language of gameplay visual design. If you have any game assets, such as tilesets, character sheets (Preferably those with numerous 2.5d directional states) environmental objects, we'd like to see them.

CM, while it lacks a general visual design document (though one is being written in preparation for open sourcing to keep art consistent across the board), does have a style of sorts to it, and while this style shifts subtly with every spriter and gradually evolves with the development environment, sprites are expected to be consistent for the most part in adhering to the universe the server inhabits, and fall in line with artistic styling of sprites around it in the game space. If you are accepted onto the team, please understand as you start out feedback may be more critical so as to maintain this loose consistency.

The development team is not somewhere for you to learn pipelines for the first time (save for git, though we recommend you research this on your own time as the additional strain of having to catch a new user up to speed can generate undue stressors in the development environment).

It should be noted developers are expected to be active and avid players. Those that are not actively playing are encouraged to take sabatical from the development team so as to avoid burn out developing for a project that brings them no joy. While you have a decent record of server activity in the past, in recent months you have only 9 recorded hours total, which amounts to anywhere from 2-5 rounds played. If you wish to genuinely apply to the development team, we need you more active playing the game we're developing. Even as a spriter, an understanding of the gamespace is critical to well rounded design and development that respects, and reflects, the present gameplay landscape.

Do you have any other ckeys you associate with? Your account is recorded to have involved an incident of an accidental multi-key IP ban.

I am the art style.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No response, application timed out
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids