User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why is LZ1 on LV624 almost never fortified properly?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Why is LZ1 on LV624 almost never fortified properly?

Most of the time when I play on LV624 I see the same situation. The hallway through nexus to hydro is fortified, but there's almost no defenses for the southwestern, southern, eastern, or northern entrance.

LV624 - Copy.jpg
    The decently defended places are marked in green, and the poorly defended places are marked in red.

So my question is, why? Why do so many engineers ignore these flanks?

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by juliansl View Post
    Most of the time when I play on LV624 I see the same situation. The hallway through nexus to hydro is fortified, but there's almost no defenses for the southwestern, southern, eastern, or northern entrance.

LV624 - Copy.jpg
    The decently defended places are marked in green, and the poorly defended places are marked in red.

So my question is, why? Why do so many engineers ignore these flanks?
    Because defending LZ1 on LV is boring and shitty.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lurker gang
    Vibing as: Dismas Hind.

THE BOIS (And gals)
    https://pastebin.com/DHCmg4nM

Shoutouts to Manezinho for the pixelart

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s boring and normally pointless to guard the flanks. If you try to fortify with a sentry, a burrower will destroy everything. The actual “proper” way to fortify LZ1 is to blow through the jungle walls and cade off SE jungle entirely at cargo dome and nexus kitchen.
    Last edited by Outcast Seer; 03-17-2020 at 01:58 PM.
    Luca Jagemann, the cynical colonial with the prescription glasses.

Ancient Synth Williams, on another rescue mission in Brazil.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outcast Seer View Post
    The actual “proper” way to fortify LZ1 is to blow through the jungle walls and cade off SE jungle entirely at cargo dome and nexus kitchen.
    We found the bravo main.

But yeah, most of the marines are there to unga and kill shit. Trying to get people to guard an unthreatened flank is like pulling teeth

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exactly. Cargo domes are easy to defend, due to having actual walls instead of ten million flanks that you need to cover. It's also closer to the fight and provides easier access to the main areas of combat at Hydro, the eastern river area, and the sand temple.

People just do the nexus-hydro shit because that's all they know how to do and are too scared to try and suggest anything but the most boring and obvious strategy.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because if you are holding at LZ1 it probably over, the aliens were smart enough to be able to overrun hydro or marines too stupid to hold it. The point of LZ1 FOB is to buy time for evac typically.

Also because defending is lame dude me ugna me try 1v1 drone and get knocked down+hugged or 1v1 warrior and get lunged+slashed to near death+head delimbed or 1v1 queen and get neuroed to death then gibbed or 1v1 a boiler and slashed to death after eating acid or....

Marines goin to suicide in those caves bro no matter what command or admins say.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The truth is that south and east entrenance is never picked by benos. Nothing more than a burrower, stray lurker, or some runner goes there.
    All of that because benos can't easly escape if their push fails from there. Its just small jungle hallway that has only two ways out. One can be covered by CAS/OB, or marines, other will be pushed by marines, thus destroying benos.

Nobody cares about cargo, so it isn't fortified too much. If benos break from there, they are going inbetween two marine forces (from DS and from Nexus). Benos caught in that immediately retreat. So they don't do there much besides poking.

Simillary with kitchen "flank". Benos going there can be easly cut off.

Both benos and marines have to push whole front if they don't want to be cut off which is easy when hallways have 4 tiles at best and you can see only 7 tiles away from you. Its all about SS13.
    Thats why benos push Hydro, then Nexus, then LZ in that order. Thats why marines push from hydro to Table Fort and then to Containers. And they do that always.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I always see on LZ1 is that Marines make an aggressive foothold from Nexus to Hydro and made two FOBs that are both poorly staffed, all things considered. The only thing that prevents a heavy flank on something like the Nexus, which is usually criminally understaffed and ready, is the overall aggression of the Marines. When the marine line breaks it is rather easy to see that they're not able to compensate for a massive push on anything other than Hydro and even then- Hydro doesn't typically last long due to everyone not setting up Boiler based defenses.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is what I like to do.

Nexus is a shit-tip to defend, xenos just flank cargo.

Not to mention hydro-nexus road is literally ERP for xenos.
    <::The Provost is always watching.::>

Spoiler Spoiler: