User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why is LZ1 on LV624 almost never fortified properly?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by solidfury7 View Post

This is what I like to do.

Nexus is a shit-tip to defend, xenos just flank cargo.

Not to mention hydro-nexus road is literally ERP for xenos.
    ..... So. I tried to implement this very thing as Bravo SL a few nights ago, goin as far as to wall off the Nexus to stop Alpha from going thru there to the Hydro road.

Alpha starts by busting a hole in my wall. when i stop them, an Alpha engie BEATS my chest in with a crowbar and starts to C4 my cades, so as to open a hole.

I would love to to do this, but when THAT is the response I get from the other squads, I am hesitant to try.
    Last edited by Jackson T. Murphy; 03-17-2020 at 08:08 PM. Reason: man, my typed grammar SUCKS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LV LZ1 has more directions of entry than most maps and a lot of engineers don't realise that building defenses without the privates to man them are a waste of materials. A lot of engineers don't really adapt to differences in the availability of willing and able privates and just try and build the same giant fuckhuge defensive lines from nexus to hydro and defenses at every flank, only to have most of them melted. As this very long guide says, it is better to have a compact but strong FOB than a large but shitty one: //showthrea...57-On-FOB-duty

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    most chimps are not even aware that you can ram thru jungle walls as a crusher, bypassing all the doodoo defences

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackson T. Murphy View Post
    I would love to to do this, but when THAT is the response I get from the other squads, I am hesitant to try.
    Squad engi is the most retard ape role period, because cade mechanics are super dogshit and are not explained properly, so everyone has their own idea how to make xxx_chad-mega-FOB_xxx and they're ready to end you in order to preserve it. Even i would.

So what you do in such cases is escalate from fist fight into melee weapons and instakill the fucker with your e-tool. It actually works.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Btw best plan is just c4 all the walls and make cades everywhere. Goal is to increase the firing line, aka the amount of pvts shooting with 41s at the cades. More boots shooting at xenos=more chance a xeno will mess up and die. Outside that cades will collapse if concentrated boiler assaults begin, outside that best option for aliens is literally go back to caves or find a weak point because chances of breaking in is maybe but at what costs man.

Also no one does jungle flanks because if you mess up you got to go quite a distance to get to any weeds, yea no.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just L View Post
    Because defending LZ1 on LV is boring and shitty.
    Yep. Defending FOBs as a whole is just a boring concept and essentially marine delay, unless the queen does something really stupid like solo a 4-layer cade sentry packed big red megafob and allow the marines to push back.
    Jonathan Hogg/SHP

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lurker gang and the usual coronatide being a bit new and scared to be out of the round for the next 3 hours.
    The coordination of bravo is being a bit lackluster as most just say fuck you and turf out to get lurkered on central or hydro