Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: These are the facts as I understand them

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These are the facts as I understand them

1. CM Server has hit a population number that is too large for the staff to manage compared to last time. When definitions of lowpop and highpop were a lot different then.

2. New population is the real issue of CM, cause you have an additional 80 new names every round you have to get along/get to know compared to just 10.

3. CABAL is a boomer. So is MasterShakeEZ.

4. CM Is suffering a common symptom from Europe called 'Mass Immigration'

5. Of all the things dev team implemented, the one that truly changed the server is KDR statistics

6. Hilarious meme events and surprise events like spawning 50 aboms are a laugh if you have a sense of humour and fun.

7. It is difficult to implement a culture of RP to 3 new tides of players (Sseth, Rimmy, and OneyG) since most of the games we play that is not SS13 involves 0 RP.

8. Silly things like spawning 50 aboms, UPP hijack ebent, Serious and cool high command ebents, and small moments of hilarious glitches and changes are what make CM great.

9. CM today is a result of a combination of youtube tides entering and old players not appreciating some of what the old staff did. (Remember when Neth did a lot of small but cool and unique events? By all standards his events in 80% of the time are what the community is now asking for. Yet he messes up 1 or 2 events and the whole community shits on him.)

10. Cakey cheats in Scribbl, I shall have proof one day.

11. CM Staff is literally breaking down from burnout, stress, and insanity. Papa pollard was right.

12. A lot of new CM players dont bother to RP at all. It's like 5-7 in every 60-80 new players actually bothers. Most of them are mute or salty.

13. Head managers have a hilarious situation: They have to play the game to stay in touch with the community at hand but they have to avoid the game long enough not to be drawn into its insanity and make sensible and reasonable decisions. It's like they are married to two wives nagging at them at opposite directions, one named CM and another named Sanity.

14. A wise man once said, those who have byond are not normal people

15. CM Community has a weird sense of humour, they cant take a joke on the obvious things but on the accidental things they laugh.

16. Since as far back as I can remember, HEFA is the cause of almost every xeno major. YET, marine still uses them after YEARS. This therefore proves evolution is a farse.

17. Xenos Mad. Always have, always will.

18. The cycle of CM love-hate relations:
    Step 1. Staff enforces rule
    Step 2. Community complains on staff doing their job
    Step 3. Staff enforces rule but with softer punishment/more lenient
    Step 4. Community complains on some staff doing their job, ruining their fun and some noticed a small drop in standards and complain
    (Hey hey hey, sseth here)
    Step 5. Staff becomes super duper lenient and forgets what they were supposed to be doing
    Step 6. Community realises that staff is completely out of touch with the game
    (Boomer becomes mod manager, clears backlog of work....aaaaaaaand starts bullying us)
    Step 7. Staff does its job as per community recommendations
    Step 8. Suddenly, the community is at loss at what to do and what direction to take since a small band of people successfully combat a lot of long overdue issues. They go back at what they usually do: Salting to whatever issue is left(balance)
    (Boomer Quits)
    Step 9. Suddenly, some old staff members quit and were suddenly considered good, effective, and actually do their job.
    Step 10. Community wishes they are back and complain that staff should enforce rules and do their job.
    Step 11. Repeat step 1
    (RIP Rule 2)

19. I got noted for farting as an Elder Runner and it was considered 18+ content.

20. Jones is a CLF spy, BE him when you get the chance

21. Now old CM players are having a breakdown from the game. Nani?

22. Hostile survivors are one of the best elements in the game, don't let anyone tell you otherwise

23. We are calling all new players Ssethtides, even though there are players coming in from RimmyGaming and OneyG in 2019 as well as from other sources

24. Ssethtide is the new n word

25. There is yet an Indian CO/XO with an indian accent

26. Bravo Squad is the new Alpha Squad

27. I once laughed at everyone for taking the game seriously....and then I started taking the game seriously

28. All new players should be issued a standardised CM guide written by Chad Pollard

29. I still laugh at everyone taking the game seriously

30. The community complains about other people not taking their criticisms seriously, but refuses to take criticisms against them seriously.

31. Oddly, the twist in logic in argument and the salt is what makes CM great.

32. Dev team suddenly massively buffing one side of the team for temporarily is still hilarious. (Aaaah, stat mutators)

33. Everyones a hypocrite, even me.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Casada_Radio View Post
    [SIZE=5]/SIZE]

10. Cakey cheats in Scribbl, I shall have proof one day.

I confirm this, but this is too long to read osrryeagrds

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SNIP
    K boomer

Also deport the sethtiders they lag the game too much and keep flaming me when I am trying to PB the queen
    Also mods basically one step from going fully insane, no idea how they handled it before. Maybe they need to be more liberal and just ban half the server, only can be good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2. New population is the real issue of CM, cause you have an additional 80 new names every round you have to get along/get to know compared to just 10.
    The fact that this server used to have a small enough community where you would just know everyone sounds like it would have been awesome. There are a lot of threads or comments complaining about the server not being what it used to be, but I think the vast majority of them really just boil down to missing the environment where the regulars all know each other. It makes me wish I had played this server regularly when I first started playing SS13 a few years back.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since you think that spawning 50 aboms is fun, everything in this post is invalid

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Akabinxstar View Post
    Since you think that spawning 50 aboms is fun, everything in this post is invalid
    Nani? This is a valid post?

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    God bless the USCM.

Also, fuck "I'm just gonna spawn aboms" events

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawMullet View Post
    God bless the USCM.

Also, fuck "I'm just gonna spawn aboms" events
    What about "I'm just gonna spawn ravengers" events. Those are probably worse, since you can't even tell it's a ravenger until they hit you once and you take 300 brute damage to the chest and are instantly heart broken.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My heeeeaaaaad

*scream
    Luca Jagemann, the cynical colonial with the prescription glasses.

Ancient Synth Williams, on another rescue mission in Brazil.

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just L View Post
    What about "I'm just gonna spawn ravengers" events. Those are probably worse, since you can't even tell it's a ravenger until they hit you once and you take 300 brute damage to the chest and are instantly heart broken.
    Same deal, but I believe ravengers got removed.