User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Remove Carrier and Sentinel from the game or rework them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remove Carrier and Sentinel from the game or rework them

Since the removal of the capturing, nesting, and hugger mechanics, both of these castes have no utility. Neither of them can fight, capture, harass, or evade effectively. They should just be removed entirely or reworked because as it is now a combat larva has a better survival rate than sentinel. A drone is much more robust than a carrier. Both are wastes of alien slots. Even playing these as Ancient I remain dubious of their performance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Am I missing something is or is combat carrier infecting a healthy host being tackled currently not viable? Seems like it's still an easy way to incapacitate a full HP marine for a guaranteed burst as of now. Sentinel I could see to an extent, but I think carrier definitely isn't a waste of an alien slot.
    Jonathan Hogg/SHP

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Ward View Post
    Neither of them can fight, capture, harass, or evade effectively.
    One time sentinel stole marines right from FOB, cause neuro stun.
    Sentinels can crowd control.
    Carriers making traps - every hug = surgery(evac or at least field surgery)
    Shaman carriers with 3 super abilities(heal(heals armor too), adrenaline, slash)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tfw when shotgun sent can floor you in one spit and sleep you in another and people say it sucks

Whitelisted Synthetic Unknownity's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is this guy serious?
    Samuel 'Prophet' Logue
    BRAVO n CHARLIE Forever
    "Getting too old for this shit."
    ----
    Synthetic Kyra
    ---
    Yautja Shi'rei Mei'ka
    ----
    POW
    Burrower main

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sentinel's still viable imo. It has great debuff potential in a fight and makes it easier for other xenos to hit their shots due to the slowness of affected marines. It's probably not going to get any kills on its own though and requires the assistance of another xeno.

Carrier is for sure still good. Having a mobile infection caste is a godsend if there's no tunnels or direct route to the hive. The shaman strain is also pretty good as a buffing class. Once again, probably not going to get any kills on its own but I suppose that's not its niche anyways.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corocan View Post
    Sentinel's still viable imo. It has great debuff potential in a fight and makes it easier for other xenos to hit their shots due to the slowness of affected marines. It's probably not going to get any kills on its own though and requires the assistance of another xeno.

Carrier is for sure still good. Having a mobile infection caste is a godsend if there's no tunnels or direct route to the hive. The shaman strain is also pretty good as a buffing class. Once again, probably not going to get any kills on its own but I suppose that's not its niche anyways.
    I think that’s the origins of the complaints for those two castes. People want their solo kills and a high K/D ratio. But those two castes are meant to be support roles, they make the kills and captures easier for the pure combat castes. I’m glad they’re getting rid of the kill tracking feature, it’ll let people focus more on winning through teamwork and not on getting the last shot in or killing as many enemies as possible.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moosetasm View Post
    I think that’s the origins of the complaints for those two castes. People want their solo kills and a high K/D ratio. But those two castes are meant to be support roles, they make the kills and captures easier for the pure combat castes. I’m glad they’re getting rid of the kill tracking feature, it’ll let people focus more on winning through teamwork and not on getting the last shot in or killing as many enemies as possible.
    People still get drone after late unburrow or whatever, it more sentinel really really sucks to be. Also the nerf to carrier hug apply time means people dont like going carrier or getting carriers, doesnt help that if you got a prehugged marine and bring them to nest they stun might wear off and you have a marine which will 100% try to lunge nades to kill themselves or just kill you if your a drone or runner, good luck with keeping them stunned for the nesting to take place. Basically carriers are trash totally now and see limited use and sentinels take way too much effort to get working. With sents you got to keep stacking till get stunned, now no one wants to be sent blasted and multi sent can be pure cancer but you rarely see sents.

Admin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From my experience, carriers are still the most common drone evolution, so a lot of people seem to be enjoying them as they are.

And sent is kinda meh, but still does it’s thing nicely. I wouldn’t say no to sent getting more tools, though.
    Robert 'DangerZone' Hale and the incognito legion

FA-XXX-L5 (The D-Day Drone that never wants to be a Hivelord yet always winds up as one)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigeon View Post
    Basically carriers are trash totally now and see limited use and sentinels take way too much effort to get working. With sents you got to keep stacking till get stunned, now no one wants to be sent blasted and multi sent can be pure cancer but you rarely see sents.
    If you can't keep a marine on the ground for 5 entire seconds, you didn't deserve the capture anyways. To say that carrier is trash because it takes a few seconds of windup to successfully facehug a marine is kind of dramatic tbh. It also helped us get rid of the absolutely filthy screech + carrier combo that we sometimes saw.

Additionally, just because a single sentinel can't stunlock a marine doesn't make it bad either. That was very necessary because letting a singular sentinel automatically win 1v1s was bad, to the point that even you agree that sentinels stunlocking is "pure cancer". It's just been relegated to a support position via applying CC-based debuffs to crowds of marines and there's nothing wrong with that unless you measure a caste's worth in KD which is like saying that hivelord and burrower are garbage because they can't kill marines.