User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Remove Carrier and Sentinel from the game or rework them

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hivelords and burrowers have higher kill potential though if you abuse resin walker+frenzy disarm and burrowers got acid traps. Anyway it not pure kill potential, it about if you can use your utility and feel like it does something. The nu-carrier just feels so underwhelming compared to the old one and trying to keep one marine down is simplish, the problem is getting said marine. IDK, maybe a very weak few egg every 5-10 minutes for carriers would be nice, they cant plant when queen off ovi but does give the hive some more free eggs. It just needs a little more love I feel to make it just right. With sents, if you got sent gang they are cancer from hell, but that requires the rarest thing seen in human society, cooperation. Sents just arent as cool and flashy as runners or defenders or in such demand as drones. Sent just feels a bit like a odd ball out.

What am saying is the queen needs a jetpack and two miniguns attached to her so she can pew pew all the marines

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corocan View Post
    If you can't keep a marine on the ground for 5 entire seconds, you didn't deserve the capture anyways. To say that carrier is trash because it takes a few seconds of windup to successfully facehug a marine is kind of dramatic tbh. It also helped us get rid of the absolutely filthy screech + carrier combo that we sometimes saw.
    Additionally, the stun on carrier tackle is long enough that if you immediately start attaching the hugger you don't need to tackle again.
    Supposedly I'm a "senior mentor"

Community mentor 10/5/2019 - present

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They do seem to be pretty weak, mostly because good and impactful alien cooperation is incredibly rare.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i thought sentinel was nerfed to the ground

until i used its shotgun spit strain

armor on a T1? check

one hit stun and recharge of ability before a marine can even get up? check

sleeping a marine forever and dragging them back into friendly lines because your a fast T1? check

can't speak for carrier since i don't play it but you really do be sleeping on sentinel if you think its bad in its current state

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sentinels are really good, so are spitters.

They are the most annoying castes to fight 1v1 against

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I forget if Sentinel has armor or not, but Sentinel is great still. All the T1 castes are solid and relatively balanced, they just aren't gamebreakingly overpowered like Warrior or Boiler.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Today I will call sentinel weak when scattershot sent has armor and can insta sleep marines in PB range. Sent in general controls the entire 1v1, because there's no gun that can kill them fast enough before they get daze and knockdown on you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you tried slug rounds in a shotgun Alone? It stops them spitting and you can just keep shooting them until they die from it. Also, if they are in PB range (ha! Range! As it directly adjacent to anyone, melee distance, is "range") of you then you can PB them. A sentinel, even with armour, will die from a PB. Oh, maybe not one, sure. It gets seriously hunt and stunned. Then, guess what you do? PB it again. If it is somehow still alive? PB once more. Done and done. It won't be able to stop you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausrine View Post
    Have you tried slug rounds in a shotgun Alone? It stops them spitting and you can just keep shooting them until they die from it. Also, if they are in PB range (ha! Range! As it directly adjacent to anyone, melee distance, is "range") of you then you can PB them. A sentinel, even with armour, will die from a PB. Oh, maybe not one, sure. It gets seriously hunt and stunned. Then, guess what you do? PB it again. If it is somehow still alive? PB once more. Done and done. It won't be able to stop you.
    Sentinel vs slug will result in a sentinel victory every time if they know how to dodge, because slug user needs to land 8-9 shots on the sentinel to even crit it. The sentinel controls every single variation of the fight with its neuro. Ancient sentinel with armor doesn't die from 1 PB and bayo stab. Even then, nothing stops it from spitting your face after it gets up from the PB and then running away because you'll be at walking speed at that point.

I've been in both sides of the fight, as a buckshot/slug user and as a scattershot sentinel. Sentinel doesn't lose ever unless it sucks. You can spit once from afar, slowing them down, then bait out a shot, then go in for a PB neuro and sleep them. There's nothing the marine can do that can surprise you. The basic M37 shotgun has a 2 second delay between each shot, and with buckshot only stunning for 0.9 second, and slug for 1.1 second, there's nothing that can stop you from spitting and running afterwards unless it's 2-3 marines constantly spamming slugs at you; which is not something a T1 should win (plus I was talking about 1v1 scenarios, not 1v2 or 1v3)

Pic for proof on buckshot/slug stun. This was back in February 2020.

Last edited by DefinitelyAlone0309; 03-28-2020 at 12:53 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wanted to add an update on some stuff that I never noticed before.

I was not aware that sentinel shotgun strain was meant to be for CQC. I kept trying to use it from long range and was getting frustrated that by the time cooldown for the neuro was ready, marines had already recovered from it's effects. With that said, I will have to test it out at PB range. Regardless, marines can still easily outrun sentinels. Even when they are on weeds. This means that if you are trying to get close, a marine can just backtrack and fire. Even in CQC I remain dubious that a shotgun sent can best a buckshot shotty user. The marine with the shotty still only has to land 1 PB and it's gg. Also it should be noted that of all the alien castes in the game, sentinel has the WEAKEST slash damage. It takes a good ~25 slashes to kill one marine.

Regular sentinel strain seems to suck at 1v1. Even regular neuro seems to miss a lot. However, I did notice that when sentinels are in groups of 2 or 3, that their neuro combined is very potent. Especially on cade lines as a it both denies marines from shooting briefly or allows boilers gas more time to reach it's targets. This also allows melee castes time to run in and attack without them getting shot as much.

Shaman carrier I haven't ever tested.

Regular carrier's throw hugger mechanics suck ass and doesn't seem to work. Period. Doesn't matter if you are ancient or young, it still requires 8 seconds before the hugger becomes active. Devs do what they always seem to do. Either they buff something to be SUPER GOD TIER LIKE, or they nerf something to the point where it shouldn't even exist in the code. There is no grey area.

I still feel like the regular carrier's resin hole + hugger traps should be given to the burrower. Subduing a marine in combat takes multiple 2-3 xenos sometimes. One tackle is not enough time to plant a hug on a marine. You need multiple successful tackles and if the marine stands up and moves even a single tile, you have to start the countdown all over again.