User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Remove Carrier and Sentinel from the game or rework them

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just said above that ancient sent with armor would live 1 PB and 1 bayo (hell, ancient runner lives 1 PB with 5% HP so imagine sentinel with its slightly bigger HP pool and armor if it chooses scattershot strain), and that the sent could just spit at the marine with buckshot neuro now that he's in point blank range and insta sleep him. With your cooldown being 3 seconds, you can afford to spit once from afar to slow him down, get in close, bait out or dodge a shot, then spit his face and then he's down. Weak slash damage doesn't matter at that point because the marine is asleep and you can take your sweet time doing whatever you want, including capturing. And no, sent does not need 25 slashes to kill a marine unless you're slashing a heavy armor marine in his chest. Aim head instead.

Also, why would you think a "buckshot neuro" is meant to be used from long range? Do you even play marine enough nowadays to notice that buckshot only does shit while PBing now, because the removal of the 20% accuracy buff in 1-2 tiles pretty much makes almost every weapon has a chance miss xeno in 1-2 tile range entirely, and doubly so for buckshot due to its innate shitty accuracy

Once again, the sentinel controls every variation that can happen in a 1v1 fight. The marine is at its mercy, not the other way around.

Carrier is still fine. The throw has been shit for a while now, ever since 2018, it's really not a "sudden" thing at all. It still serves the role of a mobile hugger reserve now that nest and egg can't be placed on the front line. When the queen is not on her ovi, they can't be placed at all. Shaman is a bit limited since it needs to be next to someone to buff them, and that should be buffed. But base carrier is still perfectly capable of doing its job, just takes a bit more work than before

I've been through some absolutely horrid meta for aliens like QF AP, tank after arti/OD module release along with buffs, PB, 4 tile buckshot, and way more while playing as both marines and xeno. The fact that you think current xeno is somehow weak is just laughable really. I'd love to see how you handle yourself in August 2018 after tackle and general stat nerf with overpowered tank still in the game at that point
    Last edited by DefinitelyAlone0309; 03-28-2020 at 12:18 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What about this DefinitelyAlone:

Dual wield opponent with buckshot shotgun and slugger shotgun. If they land the slug you're knocked down. They then run over and PB you. They can do this very accurately from the same range you can hit them. It'll destroy a sentinel, except perhaps an ancient one, and there's nothing you can do if the slug lands. There's no cooldown if they switch weapon.

This also works like a charm on anything without a sentinel's armour and HP...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausrine View Post

Dual wield opponent with buckshot shotgun and slugger shotgun. If they land the slug you're knocked down. They then run over and PB you. They can do this very accurately from the same range you can hit them. It'll destroy a sentinel, except perhaps an ancient one, and there's nothing you can do if the slug lands. There's no cooldown if they switch weapon.

They're not gonna land that slug even with Gyro RC after the removal of the 20% accuracy buff in close range. Trust me I've seen it myself. Even then, you can just bait out the slug and spit their face in.

Plus the number of marine players in the entire player base that can effectively use that loadout can be counted on 1 hand. It's not that simple.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you should duel some players and see how that goes for you. Put the theory into practice. You're probably 10x better than me. I hope it works out for you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you should duel some players and see how that goes for you. Put the theory into practice. You're probably 10x better than me. I hope it works out for you.
    I already have. I've dueled some of the best marine players and kicked their asses already. You can just go and ask people like Jackson Dee, Chance Warden, John Murry, etc. I've also combat hug in the PB meta itself when a buckshot PB can actually one shot ancient drone and I still came out swinging as the drone

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You say that marine can dualwield shotguns and hit something with slugs when carrying it in one hand? Acid goop is a thread lower, please take that in consideration.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No CABAL. The basics are that you wield the slugger shotgun and, when you get a hit, instantly unequip, swap hand, draw and fire the buckshot shotgun (it can be done blindingly fast) as you move toward the target you've stunned.

I've seen it happen multiple times.

Definitely - have the marines you've duelled tried the above? I'd love to learn your tricks! Sincerely!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definitely - have the marines you've duelled tried the above? I'd love to learn your tricks! Sincerely!
    I've been here since January 2018. I've seen pretty much all kinds of loadout thrown at me and I myself have used a bunch of different loadouts. The trick works, the execution is what matters. I'd suggest playing both PFC and runner and just see how both sides go with their movement and their aiming. Then you can "predict" where they want to shoot then sidestep some shots pretty easily. Sometimes the marines I mentioned win and sometimes I win. But as a scattershot sentinel, the only time I've died was when I lagged in place and can't move or use my neuro.

Don't be afraid of dying so much, there's always next round. Use every opportunity you can to get into a 1v1 and get some experience under your wing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the kind respond. Will try to.

However, you do agree that Sentinel has lost a lot of its purpose since the changes to nesting, and that at least the egg-laying carrier is very weak right now right?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the kind respond. Will try to.

However, you do agree that Sentinel has lost a lot of its purpose since the changes to nesting, and that at least the egg-laying carrier is very weak right now right?
    Egg Sac strain has been removed when Shaman strain was introduced (and yeah it's a bit weak, need some buffs), and Sentinel still has its function as either an AOE support as base sentinel or a duelist as scattershot sent. The change to nesting was good, it means that you can actually go and have fun now instead of AFKing in the nest area for 20 minutes and only checking in every 3 minutes to make sure the marines don't escape. If anything, sentinel is the second best caste for capturing now (after warrior because lunge is OP), because its neuro spit no longer has RNG when you're in 4-5 tile range of someone and once you've slept them you can easily devour them to go back to the hive or just drag the asleep marine to a carrier and let him infect instead.