User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Remove Carrier and Sentinel from the game or rework them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I recorded this today as a Elder Sentinel Scattershot. Spits are pretty RNG. Even when I was spitting from 1 tile away (PB range) there were missed spits. Some spits didn't even land from 3 tiles away. Also the cooldown was anywhere from 3-5 seconds. (lag was effecting stuff)

Gonna try and test it out some more and what solo fights look like. If I'm lucky enough to get a PB it knocks down a marine. I think you need 2 PBs to put them to sleep for a while. Buckshot still stuns though, even when you don't land a PB.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Ward View Post
    snip
    Time for rundown:

0:08 - You tried to hit marine that was literally at the edge of your screen.
    0:21 - You spitted just as marine was moving from 4 tile away from you to 5 tile away from you.
    3:23 - "Edward Chaves" was on 4 tile away from you, so he got hit by one neuro projectile. Other marine was 5 tiles away, reread above.
    3:37 - Kinda subtle, but one can easly notice that you clicked on a tile marine moved away from just half a second before, thus you shoot your projectiles directly west, because marine was north-west from you and was already moving north-east from his current position, all neuro projectiles missed.
    3:45 - "Edward Chaves" was two tiles away from you, so he got hit by 2 neuro projectiles. Not enough to stun, but enough to massively slow down and blurry vision.
    3:52 - Lag involved. Marine menaged to travel two tiles east before server registered your command to spit. He was 3 tiles away from you in "Y" axis and 2 tiles away in "X" axis.
    3:57 - Tricky situation. Lag also involved. You "shoot" when you were moving from one tile to another north, while marine was moving from one tile to another east when he already was north-east from you. No message about neuro missing, so none of your spits entered tile he was on. Here it looks like spit has RNG pattern, two projectiles went north and one went a bit west.
    4:09 - Simmilary tricky situation. Looke like all projectiles went directly east, can't see anything a bit north, or south. Neuro projectile entered tile where marine was just miliseconds before, you can see that when it enters his tile, he is already moving between tile north and this one. Marine also was 3 tiles away.
    4:25 - This one is the hardest to crack. By 4:26 you can see the projectile two tiles west from marine. My guess is that scatter neuro has very big "scatter" variable (projectiles seems to deviate about 30 degrees from aimed tile). It would be a good tip to actually aim better and try to click on a marine (instead way behind), devmemes are yet to add ranged aim assistance for benos, but soon they will have to do what they did to melee.
    4:35 - Kinda confirms that scatter shot has RNG pattern. Marine just was lucky enough stand between your projectiles.
    4:44 - Kinda confirms that scatter shot can "scatter" a lot the further they travel. You were next to marine who was south-east from you, but your cursor was tile in front of him, because of that, he got only hit by 2 projectiles. 1 not enough to be stunned, but enough to get massive slowdown and blurry vision as well as being unable to call help and shoot straight.
    4:51 - You hit marine with one projectile, enough to stun him, scatter shot projectiles aren't all launched at the same time, at 4:52 you can clearly see the pattern, if that marine would be standing after that first projectile, he would be hit directly with that following up.
    5:00 - No message about neuro missing. At this point scatter shoot proved to have both RNG pattern and scatters a lot. Hard to tell, but I think you shoot just after you hit "a" key to move west, so I guess that game technically made your neuro projectiles go trough 4 tiles. Since scatter shot has "scattered" pattern, it somehow traveled from tile west from him to tile north from him.

It looks like scatter shoot has indeed 5 irl seconds "cooldown" for elder spitter.

In conclusion: Pick a buckshot shotgun and learn to PB. Looks like most of those shoots you either shoot that were too far away, or simply missed clicking the wrong tile (especially visible in 3:37). Now imagine that guys with buckshot have pretty much the same problems you do, but they have to directly click on beno sprite to hit you, while you only need to click on their tile, or in cases where they are directly north/south/east/west from you, you can click tile, or two behind them. Their shoots however outside PB doesn't slow down their victims.
    Last edited by CABAL; 03-29-2020 at 03:18 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Given your rundown I'll add my own analysis:

0:08 - [~7 tiles away] 0 Hits
    0:21 - [~5 tiles away] 0 Hits
    3:23 - [ 4 tiles away] 1 Hits
    3:37 - Complete miss. Aiming wrong direction.
    3:45 - [ 2 tiles away] 2 Hits
    3:52 - [~3 tiles away] 0 Hits
    3:57 - Complete miss? Aiming wrong direction due to lag.
    4:09 - [~4 tiles away] 0 Hits
    4:25 - [ 2 tiles away] 1 Hits
    4:35 - [ 2 tiles away] 0 Hits
    4:44 - [ 1 tiles away] 2 Hits
    4:51 - [ 2 tiles away] 1 Hits (marine falls prone)
    5:00 - [ 3 tiles away] 0 Hits

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Useful analysis Rocco. I hope you can do some more of this. Perhaps with enough skill a scattershot sentinel could be useful for captures, particularly working with other aliens. However, seeing as duellist alien types already exist, and considering that the alien-marine ratio allows any sensible marine excursion to include at least two marines if not 3+, I am still not convinced the sentinel contributes effectively.

Perhaps it is the current meta?

Let's see if more lurker-like sentinels PBing marines to capture them catches on.

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Git gud. Shamans are useless unless every single xeno in the hive has a tenth of a brain cell (which they often don't). Normal carrier is decent because it can hug marines easier. Carrier traps are bad because you have to step on the tile and marines always right click to check every tile they cannot fully see if they are unsure if there are traps and you have to step directly on top of the trap, at least acid has a 3x3 activation radius.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler: