Avalanchee

Date of Incident
    March 18, 2020

Your Character Name?
    Linda Woolard

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    HelenneC...?

Accused Character Name
    pred, one of the newer ones. Can't remember the name but it should be in ahelp logs.

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    22:00ish CET - 16:00 CDT?

What rule(s) were broken:
    Pred Honor Code

Description of the incident:
    Worthy - Predators specifically hunting prey must ensure that their target meets the following requirements:
    Is able to effectively fight back against the Yautja - Fists against an armored Yautja, does not count. [I had pred gear from the previous pred that we killed]

Any human or xeno that the Yautja has stunned with an HPC, LPC, or weapon stuns unless they are dishonorable - Targets stunned will be worthy upon recovering, reacquiring their gear, and being ready to fight again.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    I'm posting this prior to the round ending because it's 11PM and I really gotta get some sleep. Closing it and opening it after new round starts would be lovely. Thanks.

First incident, not sure if it's the same predator player(!)

Standoff west of T-Comms, three marines facing a pred. I approach them from the east. the pred is south of the fence and marines north of it. I move up to the tall grass, east of the pred (+- one screen away) and crash due to byond being an amazing platform. I wake up with some brute damage and later get informed that I was attacked while SSD & not attacking the pred in any way. Nothing tragic here, no bone breaks or anything. So I move on.

Later in the round; Me, Delta SG, Delta PFC and Tank Moore a Bravo PFC take down 3/4 preds at the cost of Tank and the PFC. Unfortunately we're unable to recover Tank from SW jungle where he died and on our way back the last pred ambushes me and the SG. Our SG at that point was fairly injured, got one tapped and dragged off SW. I pursue the predator into the area where the sand temple often spawns and get into a 'duel'. I land few PBs, he lands a two or three wrist blade hits and eventually gets a lucky head hit KOing me in the grass. He cuts off the grass, hitting me with the wrist blades once or twice in the process and takes my shotgun - making me unable to defend myself.
    He hits me 5ish more time with the blades and drops my shotgun somewhere in the grass. At that point, I'm already on the ground due to hardcrit and die.
    EDIT BY Grimreaperx15 AT REQUEST OF POSTER: https://i.imgur.com/HZGlAAy.png
    https://youtu.be/WMjKkLZzqJE

You could argue that I had a bootknife but no man under the sun would have been able to take a wristblade using pred down with a broken, unsplinted chest and all the pain debuffs. Especially when he's sweating in the tall grass, making himself virtually unable to get clicked.

After ahelping, I was informed of another incident regarding the same pred player (there will most likely be a second report) so make sure to read it as well, I guess?

How you would punish the accused:
    removal of the pred whitelist.
    Last edited by Grimreaperx15; 03-18-2020 at 10:14 PM. Reason: Requested after thread was hidden

Manager Emeritus & System Administrator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've hidden the thread until the new round at the direct request of the poster, also confirming that helennac is the correct ckey for the accused.
    TrialModerator from 12/15/2018 to 12/29/2018
    Moderator from 12/29/2018 to 6/29/2019
    TrialAdmin from 6/29/2019 to 7/29/2019
    Admin from 7/29/2019 to 6/17/2021
    Manager from 6/17/2021 to ???
    ManagerEmeritus from ??? to ???

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Posting as witness, i spotted saw the issue where the pred in question chased down the player and killed him after he was down. Essentially two-three wristblade attacks after the player was already down. Must report that the pred reported took his shotgun and threw it away.
    and i returned, and left. and returned again 19/06/2022, this is my life now.

Former Moderator Trainer. If you have any questions regarding Moderation Duties, feel free to DM me: Hunk1#9842

A bigger truth has never been spoken.

Props to nanu for the picture.

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello everyone.
    I'm the predator accused so let's get it started. (Predator name: Yaz'Gashi)

About this first incident at T-COMMs, I'm pretty sure it was not me.
    I never attacked you at T-comms nor any SSD. (If you felt on the floor, pretty sure it wasn't me. The marines I attacked all responded with bullets and PBs)

Act one - Tallgrass
    While we're fighting each other I noticed two things, vines do protect also the same applies to tall grass. I attempted to clean it a few times to examine and see the point where I could stop attacking and recover the gear. [I had no intention in attacking you, I probably did an overkill by spamming to clean it as fast as possible, not sure if I did hit you in this process, my cursor was far from what I recall]

Act two - Shotgun part
    I had the intention to grab and pull you out of that grass to search for the lost gear without putting myself in danger and walking to the same block/floor as you in that fight. Sadly, I clicked on the shotgun and grabbed with me but as soon I noticed it was on my hand, I dropped it and gave you some space to grab it back and continue the fight fairly.
    Act three - extra hits

I do spam my left mouse click while in combat and I probably did hit you once, twice perhaps even three times in a row and between those attacks I did not expect you to get stunned. Not only I did not expect you to get stunned but I clicked on your hud by mistake while attempting to clean the grass. The wrist blades also don't help, they have almost no cooldown and somewhere around 200ms to 300ms any extra hit is a smile.
    Addendum: I tried to cut the tall grass and I didn't want to click anywhere near your rest location nor where you could stand up and I hit by mistake your hud-box (resulting in an attack while stunned/rest.)
    My sincere apology for that.

About trying to 'hide' under the grass wasn't that much of an advantage for me. Bullets could go throw it if you clicked anywhere far from the melee range, as for my wrist blades they don't work the same and I had a hard time trying to hit that tiny sprite head.
    I could, of course, follow you outside of that tall grass but sadly the last time I did that I got PB and I attacked the vines instead, so falling back was perfect.

If you got any questions, wish to know my thoughts or what I attempted to do at some point, do please ask me if I wasn't clear here.
    One last thing, about the other report you're talking about, was related to another predator stun-killing Tank. It was not me.
    Aida Clark - The story so far

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was a witness to this fight. The predator appeared, to me, to purposefully back off and not attempt to make any attacks whenever the marine was down. I can confirm the shotgun was taken and that the marine drew a knife as soon as they got up, still having more than half health at that point while the pred was at crit health. When the marine fell it was on the grass and that certainly makes picking up or frankly doing anything kind of difficult.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will be depositing logs within the next 12 hours
    Ex- Predator Council Senator, Mentor Manager, Discord Moderator and Moderator Trainer
    My wall of medals: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    Discord: Novacti#0505

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I witnessed this from D Chat. The predator, even if they accidentally took the marines weapon, gave the marine no chance to rearm themselves properly which is an honor code violation. If they actually paused to do what they were supposed to, they would have realized their mistake. A boot knife won't do shit against a predator with wrist blades.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Combat logs of the actual incident and where Avalanchee died:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

The Ahelp by Avalanchee:
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Ex- Predator Council Senator, Mentor Manager, Discord Moderator and Moderator Trainer
    My wall of medals: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    Discord: Novacti#0505

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Acting as dchat witness here, also saw this. Besides reiterating the obvious, it seems there are far too many mistakes and misunderstandings here to not mark the accused as either willfully ignorant of the pred code or negligent in enforcing it. Whether it be a tactic to win or somehow missing the fact that you're holding his shotgun, I cannot see either of them as a solid argument against Avalanchee's case.
    Jonathan Hogg/SHP

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The council has reviewed this report and has discovered the following via the evidence and testimony submitted:

Via the video and imagery posted as evidence, it is clear that HeleC attacked Avalanche while he stunned/down. This is a violation of the honor code and the council will be levying a warning on to HelenneC's WL file for this infraction.

As for the shotgun; there is currently no rule in the honor code that states that a Yautja cannot stop worthy prey from obtaining their weapon if they are disarmed of it during a hunt. With this being said, it was unanimously agreed upon that it was/is a dishonorable move that is highly frowned upon. Also, that if a Yautja breaks the honor code during a hunt that they must disengage from that hunt, and, if possible, return the prey to a safe area if they are critically injured.

Both of these things be will written in to the new honor code, as well, an amendment will be added in to the current honor code reflecting these.