User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Rule Clarification Update 2019

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As an IO, can I give the stuff in my vendor to the marines following with me. Including Uniform, Armor, headset and whatever else ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can I as CL write faxes about the xenos calling them "the specimens" or XX-121 ? Can I as CL know it is in the company's interest to research xenos and what the labs were for in the colonies , but I do not mention it to anyone (since it would harm the company)?, Can I have IC knowledge the marines do not have (what xenos are but not their abilities) for strict RP purposes?
    Last edited by SilentMountain; 08-12-2019 at 10:08 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it ok for xenos to facehug/hardcrit you and then drag you as far as they can to avoid you getting defibbed, getting over the corpse-pulling feature?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it okay for Standards to loot dead SGs and grab their M56 Harness, Sight and a Powerpack to gain a speed boost and night vision? - No. Normal Marines, or anyone else not trained to use a smartgun, shouldn't be taking the equipment when they can't even use it in the first place. Anyone who is trained to use a smartgun can take the armor, but make sure the person is beyond saving (can't defib) before you take anything off them.

Would this also cover spec gear such as their NVGs. I'v been told by another moderator that PFCs can't take spec NVGs at all and wanted that to be clarified.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it considered powergaming to extrapolate coordinates and to what degree? By that I'm referring to lasing one spot to get it's coordinates and then use basic math to get coordinates for nearby tiles. E.g: I lase a spot that I want to drop a crate on and get the coordinates 123, 45; but decide that I'd rather have the crate two tiles to the west so I tell the RO to drop the crate on 121, 45 instead.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it against the rules to kill marines that are SSD in cryo and putting them in the morgue? It feels like it should be against the rules, but I can't find anything specific on that.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentMountain View Post
    Can I as CL write faxes about the xenos calling them "the specimens" or XX-121 ? Can I as CL know it is in the company's interest to research xenos and what the labs were for in the colonies , but I do not mention it to anyone (since it would harm the company)?, Can I have IC knowledge the marines do not have (what xenos are but not their abilities) for strict RP purposes?
    While the CL doesn't know about company testing from the get-go, but can learn from groundside infomration. CL are mostly free to RP as they wish regarding these events. We are looking to updating CL as a whole so that's all I'll say regarding CL ATM. This won't be added to the rule document due to future updates changing things around.

Quote Originally Posted by TheReaver545 View Post
    Is it okay for Standards to loot dead SGs and grab their M56 Harness, Sight and a Powerpack to gain a speed boost and night vision? - No. Normal Marines, or anyone else not trained to use a smartgun, shouldn't be taking the equipment when they can't even use it in the first place. Anyone who is trained to use a smartgun can take the armor, but make sure the person is beyond saving (can't defib) before you take anything off them.

Would this also cover spec gear such as their NVGs. I'v been told by another moderator that PFCs can't take spec NVGs at all and wanted that to be clarified.
    For the most part, yes. I've update the rule you quoted to refer to this as well.

All posts prior to this one have been answered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does an MP require "permission" from the CMP or higher-ranking-than-the-offender crew member to arrest someone above the SSGT rank (besides the CO which requires HC permission) given reasonable justification for such an arrest?

Can an MP arrest the CMP given reasonable cause for such an arrest (most likely for prevarication or unlawfully conducted execution)?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My apologies if this has been answered before, but this was a complex situation today and I was curious to hear from a high level staff how they interpret the situation. Basically, on Solaris, marines had been defeated, DS2 was planetside and locked with the hive on board. The CO decided to deploy the remaining troops via DS1 and counterattack, and OB LZ2 whilst doing so. To my understanding, the OB was launched, but deleted by admins, since it is against the rules to OB a dropship. However the CO was trying to make a case that since he was actively counterattacking on the ground, an OB was valid. Also the fact that both ships were planetside, meaning even if DS2 was rendered inoperable DS1 could still be used by xenos.

I don't really have a horse in this race, I just watched everything play out as an amused ghost, I was just wondering if there is any rare circumstance, such as this one, where a case could be made to OB a ship/LZ. I have seen OB's hit the LZ just outside of the ship, with some of the explosion splashing in through the ship doors, and it was ruled valid, so I am simply curious.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would accessing the armoury for non-lethals such as teargas or beanbag rounds be permitted during a green alert be permitted? Due to the location of the armory which was never amended, meaning that it's seperate from the whole brig and can only be open from the CIC or the otherside of the ship at CMPs office, and the swiftness that things often escalate, its often much easier to kit your men up with lethal weaponry, than it is non-lethal, which encourages any sizeable force which suddenly rears it head to be dealt with lethally (As tasers are notoriously bad and flashbags are a double edged sword.)

I'm asking this because I was told beanbag rounds can only be used during riots, which don't happen because

1 - Its only happens at roundstart, and its against server rules

2 - Roundstart = Green alert

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by solidfury7; 01-02-2020 at 03:06 AM.
    <::The Provost is always watching.::>

Spoiler Spoiler: