User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Thoughts on CM Balance

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Slugs were already super nerfed with max stun timer reduced from 3.2 to 0.8 secs.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Destrok View Post
    lol

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

I genuinely hope you're shitposting
    This is the admin who spawned 2-3 ravengers and said 'it was an event' when people called him a dumbass for it.

Of course he's serious.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobBrown4PM View Post
    Slugs need to be mega nerfed. Between unlimited grenades and unlimited flamers, the Marines have MORE THAN enough Stun+DOT+reg dmg combo's to work with.

Remove stun slugs like yesterday.

Or

Buff Xeno's to have a solid counter
    This kinda thing is why a lot of people believe the staff are out of touch with the game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think with the moba xeno updates we're heading into an era where the ability cancel on slugs will be just as important as its mini-stun.

Did anyone have any thoughts on the balance of the weapons that I posted? On what the niches should be and what should help distinguish them? On the health, armor, and dodge values for the xenos?
    Last edited by UnwaveringGrey; 03-20-2020 at 04:55 PM.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UnwaveringGrey View Post
    I think with the moba xeno updates we're heading into an era where the ability cancel on slugs will be just as important as its mini-stun.
    This ability doesn't work. It doesn't cancel beno abilities, it only locks them for a split second. On T3's and Queen its so short you might look directly at your "ability" pannel, blink, and not notice.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Slugs were at least USABLE when they had a guaranteed 1 second stun per shot. With the nerf down to around a .6 or .7 stun time, slugs are completely useless since xenos can get up and run away or just tackle you before you can even chamber a second slug.
    Even in the MOU53 and tac shotty they are bad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    This ability doesn't work. It doesn't cancel beno abilities, it only locks them for a split second. On T3's and Queen its so short you might look directly at your "ability" pannel, blink, and not notice.
    I remember seeing a ticket on that. It should work though, and when it eventually gets fixed it will be an important ability. As important as if not more important than the mini-stun.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UnwaveringGrey View Post
    I remember seeing a ticket on that. It should work though, and when it eventually gets fixed it will be an important ability. As important as if not more important than the mini-stun.
    Yeah, its most likely my gitlab reporting this bug. It isn't fixed because... Nobody uses slugs, so basically nobody noticed that it doesn't work. And what with that gitlab? Ignored. How many proofs one needs to be convinced that "Gitlab It" is a meme, where what you do is ignored. Unless it gets 70 comments, then suddently no matter how minor it is, its going to be adressed ASAP. Doesn't matter how important the issue is. You might make two gitlabs, one about big bug that renders certain ammo useless and one about giving Queen bunny ears during Easter. If latter gets 30 comments from random people its immediately looked upon and atleast gets response.

I didn't get so much as response why slugs were nerfed. Nothing fancy, one sentence etc.

No dev, no mod, no admeme, nobody saw this bug before and to this day nobody acknowledged clear gitlab about it.

And even if it will be fixed, it will be barerly usefull thanks to how short it is and will be. The mere fact that somebody thought to nerf slug (after shell shock was added and probably not working) and did it means that slug will not get better. I blame true benomains who complained about buckshot PB, but every time cried "shotgun", gulping tears and with smirk on their face, that maybe because one thing is a issue, one can complain about entire group where it belongs and maybe someone who pulls the strings, but doesn't play interact with "the problem" will be confused and nerfs everything.
    Last edited by CABAL; 03-20-2020 at 06:51 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do people feel about the balance between slugs, flechette, and buckshot that I posted? Is that the right breakdown damage wise? I think that the numbers correctly push slugs into being the general ammunition, with buckshot and flechette being more effective versus unarmored and armored targets respectively.
    Last edited by UnwaveringGrey; 03-21-2020 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Typo