WinterClould

Date of Incident
    March 19, 2020

Your Character Name?
    Chen 'DiscoKing' Westinton

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    I dont know ckeys Im not staff

Accused Character Name
    Mike 'Indica' Powell , Scott 'Adrian' Prescott , Kai 'Ducky' Duckworth , Elizabeth Morris , Gunner Finlay , Declan Cooper , Hylla Hixenbaugh , Jeremy Smith , Song Wu

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    1:30ish AM Central time

What rule(s) were broken:
    Rule 2 and 3

Description of the incident:
    Joined the round as MP, sat SFK for a while becoming coming back.

ARES informed the ship that someone broke charlie squad req's window.
    I went over and collected prints from said window.
    Scanned the prints, and it said Astra Sparks had broken the window. Easy I figured.
    I saw marines walking to DS-1, figured thats where she'd be.
    I found her on DS-1 and tried talking to her, and showing her I had proof of her prints to arrest her, she wasnt reacting to me trying to hand her the paper with proof of her prints so I figured she was AFK and dragged her off DS-1 to cuff her.
    After I got the cuffs on her, I told her that she was to be charged with destruction of government property.
    Right after that several marines got off the ship, and started interfering in the arrest. Grabbing her from me, pushing me down and being dicks. Totally fucking up my clean arrest dog piling on me for enforcing reasonable marine law as my job is ment to do.
    Since marine law does NOT suddenly get a pause just because youre on the dropship, I went aboard and tried to take Astra back from them. Thats when all the marines I've named dog piled on me and attacked me. Taking my MP tools, and greifing the shit out of me, for doing my job.
    I was eventually pulled out by other MP's who instead of helping me enforce marine law, just got me out of there and prevented a lynching which was probably the most they could have done.

All in all, I feel bad about this report. because my issue is less with the players because I like half these guys, and more with the entire mechanics of MP's vs Marines. I mean, Astra only broke a window and maybe took something from charlie prep? And because I needed to enforce marine law, the dropship turned into a warzone. Its dumb. I cant just not enforce marine law. But without staff intervention marines will not respect "Just some MP" even if ICly they should sit back and not get involved in a very minor arrest.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    I'd like to ask staff to collect all the logs for this? Im not able to anymore after all.

How you would punish the accused:
    Notes maybe for most for these people? They did a bad, and it should be on record so staff know if they do things like this again it's not okay. I kinda fuckin really like most these people though so actually Id rather they just get off scott free from this and instead we actually think about fixing this broken system as a whole.

The real issue I have though is that marine law, MP's enforcing it, marines unga'ing against MP's just doing their job, ect is all a fucking mess. Theyre all just either not being taken seriously by staff or the Staff team isnt on the same page together, or on the same page as the players. Players also are NOT on the same page as marine law/the MP's are forced to be. Theres a massive conflict between all three of these parties in how the rounds go.

If we want this bullshit of ARES announcing every crime. Then we need staff to support MP's when they try to enforce marine law.
    If staff does not want to help MP's enforce marine law, then they CANT also expect MP's to enforce marine law and maintain the sanity of the round. Without staff intervention right now, MP's can not do their job. but do we really even need MP's?

IF players just want to abuse MP's or ignore them at will, then they should just not exist in their current state. As it is right now MP's are fun sponges for marines who just want to rooty tooty shooty bang bang the lizards and dont care about RPing the idea that theyre playing a character that exists outside of just this single round. Players arent thinking of consequences of their actions, how doing all of what they just did to me would be inevitably recorded on their permanent military records. How they would likely get busted down a rank for fucking with MP's just doing their job. They dont care about their characters lives outside of one round at a time. And we certainly cant force them either.

So since they dont care, and we cant make then care. How do we prevent this? I say, just get rid of marine law. Get rid of MP's. Stop trying to rework them when they have not been enjoyable for the playerbase outside of a few (frequently knobheads) who get off on playing them at any point. Leave staff to enforce the rules for things that NEED outside intervention, and outside of that let marines manage themselves. I've played enough lowpop round and enough rounds AS an MP to know theyre not essential to any round. Sure its fun to play MP sometimes. But the role is incapable of doing its duty in its current state. And honestly, without turning MP's into terminator robo-cops or staff intervention, they never will be. There will always be those disrespectful marines on comms that never get brigged. There will always be that one MT that steals a ton of shit that the MP's can never get back because hes to sneaky. MP's are frequently enough ignored or useless that really, we dont need them.

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WinterClould View Post
    All in all, I feel bad about this report. because my issue is less with the players because I like half these guys, and more with the entire mechanics of MP's vs Marines. I mean, Astra only broke a window and maybe took something from charlie prep? And because I needed to enforce marine law, the dropship turned into a warzone. Its dumb. I cant just not enforce marine law. But without staff intervention marines will not respect "Just some MP" even if ICly they should sit back and not get involved in a very minor arrest.
    Speaking here as a witness & as someone who was involved.

This entire line makes no sense. You are not OOCly forced to arrest people for minor crimes, especially not when they're deploying and you can just get them later when they return. MPs can circumstantially ignore or postpone the arrest of minor crimes. Astra was on the Alamo surrounded by marines, marines who have fought together and formed a brotherhoodly bond. You do not just walk up and take a marine off the dropship while surrounded by marines and expect every single marine to be okay with you taking a soldier for a minor crime. Not only that, when it was clear you had no chance of getting Astra off the Alamo peacefully, you proceeded to flashbang spam, stunbaton, and flash literally every marine you could. All to get ONE person for a MINOR CRIME THAT YOU COULD GET THEM FOR LATER. Other MPs were trying to get you off the Alamo, because they knew you were being stupid over something so minor, but you continued to try and arrest Astra with more flashbangs. Eventually your fellow MPs got tired of your shit and stunned you and dragged you off.

If anything, the one breaking rule 3 in this scenario was you. You did not "have to enforce marine law" in this situation, you literally could have just let them deploy & arrested them when they returned.

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was handled ingame by me.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Handled in game by 50rem.

Closed.