Date of Incident
    March 19, 2020

Your Character Name?
    Kwamba Isaluanda

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    KennyIvankof

Accused Character Name
    Kenny Ivankof

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    ~2 PM

What rule(s) were broken:
    4, 15

Description of the incident:
    After surviving on LV and going up to the Alamo, I went south of Medbay to look around, then circled north, the CMP Kenny Ivankof, chased me and tased me without saying any charges, before flash spamming me. He then tried to process me, giving me an ID that intentionally had no IFF (i.e Passanger) in order to grief me. During this entire processing, he kept flash spamming me.

He then removed my tools and tried to drag me to Brig, I disconnected shortly afterwords because my internet died.

I didn't commit any crime in this round but he griefed me, and if he didn't intend to grief me, he blatantly failed to give me any charge/crime I committed and just used his taser to stun me, then took away my tools which is another violation of the SOP.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    Logs

"Marines are encouraged to peacefully recover any third party personnel found in an area of operations and offer them refuge within their ship. All personnel recovered from a combat zone must be searched on arrival and their weapons and unauthorized items secured within the Brig. They may keep their clothes and tools" - SOP, Nanu Rework

CMP takes my survivor and tool pouch away during the processing, which essentially means all of my tools were taken away.

"Arresting a Suspect
    1. Inform the Suspect he is under arrest.
    2. Take down the Suspect if he resists and securely restrain him.
    3. Move the Suspect to the Brig.
    4. Inform the Suspect of his Charges before the brig timer starts.
    5. Inform the Suspect he may file an appeal should he wish so."

CMP never gave any charges during this entire incident (before being tased, after being processed and being dragged to brig, and just kept tase spamming me which forced me to run away.

How you would punish the accused:
    Jobban from MP/CMP

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Logs:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As far as I can tell, the ML rework was not being tested that round; however, regardless of if it was or wasn't, I don't see any difference between the two with regards to this issue that would change the my findings here.

Essentially, you were asked to stop in order to be searched (per the SOP excerpt you quote), and you evidently didn't listen, thus they tazed/cuffed you in order to carry out the process. Frankly, as far as the logs show, it doesn't look like he was trying to arrest you at all, but was trying to carry out the search/processing that he was meant to do. The other side of the argument is that he can't/shouldn't be cuffing you or bringing you to the brig if you aren't being charged with a crime, but if the suggestion is that he should've charged you with a crime and actually brig you (as opposed to just searching/processing you), I'm going to say it's a bit of a non-issue.

I've discussed it with Nanu and there is going to be a minor adjustment to ML as it relates to (noncompliant) survivor procedure; as far as this report is concerned, however, the only thing that I'm concerned about is that they could've shared more information as to what they were actually doing. On that basis, I am going to add a note to KennyIvankof's account about not explaining the basis of detaining Optimistic (even if it might not have been an arrest), but it's going to be more of an advisory note, so that they know that A) this report was made and B) that they probably could've handled the situation a little differently. In the future, detaining noncompliant survivors is going to be associated with the 'Resisting Arrest' charge, for refusing a lawful search, but truthfully I don't suspect it'll be an issue that props up again before the ML rework is fully integrated into the server.

PS: being given a passenger ID is not and will never be considered griefing.

Resolved; KennyIvankof will receive an informational note related to the detaining of noncompliant survivors.
    Trial Moderator: 4/18/19 - 5/2/19 / Moderator: 5/3/19 - 10/1/19 / Senior Moderator: 10/2/19 - 12/26/19 / Trial Admin: 12/27/19 - 1/11/20 / Mod Manager: 1/12/20 - 4/18/20

Cerwick/Balakura/etc
    Discord: noah#7322

Former staff member and long-time CO Council member, now I just wave my boomer cane at people when I want something to complain about.