Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doctor Compy - Commander Application

Commander Whitelist Application
    Byond ID?
    Doctor Compy

Player Name You Use Most?
    Madeline "Compy" Czech

Make a list of links to all of your applications and (job)ban appeals, including whitelist and staff apps, within the last year. Also, provide "Ban reason; Verdict" beside each (job)ban link
    //showthrea...or-Application (Moderator Accepted)

//showthrea...or-Application (Moderator Denied)

Have you received any ban within the last month? How long was it and what for?
    Nahh

Do you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?
    Yes

How do you view the tool of Battlefield Execution to be used? What circumstances do you think it would be necessary to BE a member of the crew? Where do you think the Battlefield Execution Mechanic Differs from regular Execution and why?
    BE is used to remove a player permanently from the round which I hope to not be using often. Should only be used if there is no other way to handle the situation and the person being BE'd is a major threat to the USS Almayer.

I'd use the BE in few situations, one would be that we're being boarded and MPs can't afford the time nor man power to detain the marine and if they're a major threat to the USS Almayer.

BE is issued by WL'd Captains that pose a threat to their command on the spot. Where as a regular execution is issued by both the XO and CMP or CO in MP custody to those who've committed capital crimes mainly.

How will your Commanding Officer run his/her ship? Provide a detailed explanation on how he would handle situations that might commonly occur such as, a insubordinate Req, Engineering, MP, or Command Staff
    She believes in high morale and use of every tool available in their disposal. Czech prefers to lead the operation from the ground to boost morale and ensure that all pushes, flanks, and the rare retreats are all executed with 100% precision.

Req - Figure out why they're being insubordinate and try to solve whatever the problem may be. If the problem cannot be fixed have the MPs detain them and hope that a little time in the brig will solve it. If needed send down an officer to handle req.

Engineering - As said before if the problem can't be solved as before detain and hope that the brig will clear it up and set up the engines myself if needed. Also frequently check up on them to ensure that no malfunctions or power-outages happen during the operation.

MP - First make sure they aren't breaking ML and require OOC assistance. If not deputize an officer and have the MPs detained and if it's the CMP being insubordinate fax HC and demote them.

Command - Oh god oh fuck. Speak with the officer(s) in fault and give them a chance to get on track or face severe consequences, for as an officer aboard the USS Almayer it is their duty to ensure majority of the marines make it back home to their families and that the enemy is dealt with.

What do you think is the job of a Commander?
    Ensure the round is enjoyable for most of the players but at the same time upholding the burdensome duties of command and doing everything in your power to bring marines to victory.

As a player what do you think could be added for Commanding Officer to benefit the role?
    Bigger sword.

What do you think you could contribute by being whitelisted?
    Large understanding of SL and groundside operations. Put enjoyment of everyone else before myself.

Your story (potential topics listed below)
    10 years prior to joining the USCM, Madeline Compsognathus Czech was a pirate typically in-charge of ship boardings as she is well trained in hand to hand combat and fast at decision making. Well into her career she's performed multiple successful boarding sessions and was well known for her cunning traps she'd pull out of thin air.

During her time amongst the pirates she made a good friend who had her back on many occasions which were life threatening most of the time. She'd always make a fuss about how he always would carry around his sword but no matter what she did he'd refuse to use any other weapon.

Unfortunately during a boarding session it was found that the ship was under UPP control and the pirates were easily overwhelmed by the communist force. During the short but brutal battle Madeline lost her firearms and was holding out on her ship's evacuation shuttle waiting for the engines to warm up with the few remaining pirates.

Madeline's friend gave her the sword he so loved and put the lives of others before himself to shut down the ship AA weapon systems so the remaining pirates had a chance to escape. Since then, she has carried the sword with her at all times with a pure resolve to end the UPP's foot hold in the galaxy.

After going through the officer academy to join the USCM she was soon promoted to the rank of Captain thanks to her expertise in ship to ship combat. She's now the CO aboard the USS Almayer returning back to a USCM outpost to refit her ship after having a successful but costly battle with a UPP ship. Upon returning she is met with a distress beacon on a W-Y Colony........

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any public platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes
    Last edited by Doctor Compy; 03-19-2020 at 04:27 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    a pirate i like it +1 frens.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love the quirk, a pirate would be something that for sure would inspire the troops. I know that you are more than competent for the role, and am incredibly happy to finally see the app up. You’ve spent a long time making a name for yourself in game, that’s something that myself and othe Captains should appreciate. Your dedication to the game and community is what’s inclining me to +1 this app.
    Mentor 1st Mar, 2020 - 11th Apr, 2020
    Trial Moderator 11th Apr, 2020 - 23rd Apr, 2020
    Moderator 23rd Apr, 2020 - 31st Aug, 2020
    Senior Moderator 31st Aug, 2020 - 8th Oct, 2020
    Trial Administrator 8th Oct, 2020 - 6th Nov, 2020
    Administrator 6th Nov, 2020 - 21st Feb, 2021
    Moderator Manager 21st Feb, 2021 - 11th Jul, 2021
    Administrator Manager 11th Jul, 2021 - 8th Aug, 2021

Administrator 12th Oct, 2022 - Present

Admin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That’s a great quirk. And the rest of the app is good as well.

Now, I don’t think I have ever seen you on CIC. Or at least do not recall you. But given how long you’ve been active in the game and community, that you are active staff and that Fritz apparently knows you by reputation, I’m inclined to believe that’s not going to be a problem.

+1
    Robert 'DangerZone' Hale and the incognito legion

FA-XXX-L5 (The D-Day Drone that never wants to be a Hivelord yet always winds up as one)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everything said, I did it for the bigger gun, you did it for the bigger sword, maybe other WL will pick on the BE answers so maybe round them up a little for me?

+1
    Vibing as: Dismas Hind.

THE BOIS (And gals)
    https://pastebin.com/DHCmg4nM

Shoutouts to Manezinho for the pixelart

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah +1

Banned
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the support!

As for not being seen in CIC that often, I used to play XO a LOT in 2018 but after playin SL for awhile I became attached to it and since then played only SL. I am more than competent and familiar with how all departments operate and I've played XO a few times recently and 2 of them was without a CO and 0-1 SOs. It's just that I prefer to lead groundside operations but if needed I wont hesitate to take up a desk job to ensure a marine victory.

Banned
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also if the council so desires I can role XO tonight (GMT -5) and if they allow it I'll role SL instead.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have seen you play as a SL and XO alot. You're competent in both roles and you are a well known player.
    You know how to lead the marines to sucessfull pushes and eventually to victories that might seem hard for others.
    It's a +1 from me.
    I play as Viktor 'Beer' Kleiner, Matthaus and as Var'dqi Bo'ytill

LT COL. VIKTOR KLEINER, USS LOWË'S COMMANDING OFFICER

PROVISIONAL COMMAND OVER THE USS ALMAYER

Ex-CO Councillor. If you have any questions regarding the whitelist, feel free to DM me.
    Discord is Axyinious#3635

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only fair I +1 seen you play SL enough(dead too)