User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Doctor Compy - Commander Application

Whitelisted Captain/Retired WL Maintainer Snooper44's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your story is not long, however that is not what matters. What matters to me is you continue to play a character that you enjoy and have a set of values installed within. I firmly believe from the times I have experienced your character that you are fully abiding by just that.

I have seen you in the command chair and most often in Bravo. I have no doubt you will serve as a fine Captain aboard the Almayer and certainly look forward to you taking up the role. Just remember with regards to you positions on MPs, they are your best friends and will stand by your side always. If for whatever reason they are acting against you it is a strictly OOC issue and should be AHelped.

+1

Commodore Greg Lauffer

Whitelist Maintainer

January 1st 2021 - June 28th 2021

Banned
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Snooper!

It means a lot to me that you've seen me in CIC and thank you for clearing the MP ordeal up.

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I liked your answers to smov's questions, but your BE answer is short. Could you give me two examples were you would BE someone? I am definitely leaning to +1 this. Also try to play CMP more if you can (unless you do) it is really good for mastering marine law, something that COs should know.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Banned
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortelian View Post
    I liked your answers to smov's questions, but your BE answer is short. Could you give me two examples were you would BE someone? I am definitely leaning to +1 this. Also try to play CMP more if you can (unless you do) it is really good for mastering marine law, something that COs should know.

I'm well in-tuned with ML because as Moderator we need to have an understanding of it and I deal with a lot of rule breaks regarding it.

As for the BE answer.
    1) SL nobody is threatening to launch the evacuation early endangering all marines that are making their way back to the DS.

2) SO nobody has sabotaged multiple areas of the operation and is about to/already has launched an OB on the marines.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd be inclined to +1 this in different circumstances, but the circumstances I decided have made me decide to -1 this.

Compared to other applications this is a relatively low effort application and I haven't seen or heard of you being in the CIC much at all. Trust me, you'll need XO practice for CO, having SL experience helps for sure, but actually playing XO and SO (at least recently) is what matters the most. I can't gauge your command skills just based off community support that mainly focuses on you being a Squad Leader, even if you played XO supposedly a lot in 2018.

Once again, main reason is a relatively low effort application.

Banned
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagbag View Post
    Snip

Ahh that sucks a bit. I can understand yer point of view but part of the community has said I'm competent in CIC and I do apologize for the "low effort" application, mainly due to having little context and such open ended questions.

Anyways thank you for commenting!

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I liked the BE answers you gave me, and I think all you need to do is play XO a bit more. Regardless, I will have to...

+1
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagbag View Post
    I'd be inclined to +1 this in different circumstances, but the circumstances I decided have made me decide to -1 this.

Compared to other applications this is a relatively low effort application and I haven't seen or heard of you being in the CIC much at all. Trust me, you'll need XO practice for CO, having SL experience helps for sure, but actually playing XO and SO (at least recently) is what matters the most. I can't gauge your command skills just based off community support that mainly focuses on you being a Squad Leader, even if you played XO supposedly a lot in 2018.

Once again, main reason is a relatively low effort application.

Rigga is right and SL is also different from Command role. I'm going to -1.

Community Mentor
    11-14-2019

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Under normal circumstances I'd refrain from commenting on these unless I am certain on my stance or opinion. But I will let this sit for a week, I would like to see you play some more XO or SO to convince the other council members that you have the macro understanding of commanding as opposed to the micro of just running a singular squad.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just played with Compy as their CO, honestly they pulled off victory from the jaws of defeat during my stay.

Marine forces were pinned down by xenos at FOB, but compy's quick thinking bought us time by rallying around cryo troops in a decisive back and forth between alamo PO, as the latter were skeptical going up as FOB was collapsing.

Later on cryo troops and marine troops, again by XO initiative and then executed by their SLs began to perform a counter offensive raining down mortars and OB on xenos.

It takes a lot of confidence to do these kinds of calls and in all honesty I am 100% secure Compy is ready to be a CO.

I know I have +1 this already, BUT I AM DOING IT AGAIN

+1
    Vibing as: Dismas Hind.

THE BOIS (And gals)
    https://pastebin.com/DHCmg4nM

Shoutouts to Manezinho for the pixelart