User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LV is Stale...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry LV is Stale...

... and so are most people that vote for it.

You really want more? Fine.

The layout of the colony makes 80% of it meaningless in any given round. There is nothing interesting to loot there. Without exception Hydro will always be fortified and fought over. Both LZs are easily breached, but boring to guard. Barrens and t-fort are large, empty spaces that feel like a G-mod sandbox map. 80% of the cave entrances are extremely painful chokepoints. Western caves is never used or fought over because it’s usually a dead-end. North lake is a waste of space that solely exists for marines to flank through when they have already won the round. The Fog Wall is one of the laziest, most contrived ways to "balance" a map I have ever seen in all of my years of gaming.

TLDR: LV is obsolete in terms of design, balance, and aesthetics and the only good reason to vote for it is if your computer can’t handle any other map (you have my sympathies).

There are more gripes I have, but I’ve given you lot enough ammunition as is. Have at it.
    Last edited by Outcast Seer; 03-19-2020 at 11:28 PM.
    Luca Jagemann, the cynical colonial with the prescription glasses.

Ancient Synth Williams, on another rescue mission in Brazil.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stale LV >>>>> Shit >>>>> Lagged CORSAT and Sorok >>>> Delayliens in ICE underground

Maps doesn't choke our computers, it chokes server. Even LV on super dooper NASA computer with blood trails all over would lag.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    Stale LV >>>>> Shit >>>>> Lagged CORSAT and Sorok >>>> Delayliens in ICE underground
    Unless you take a great distaste to them, you may have forgotten a map or two.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CORSAT and Soro: many people can't physically play these because they're extremely laggy when the population is over 150+ (always)

Ice: 3-5 hour rounds, enough sayed.

Trijent: this map is so freakin big that i havent even memorized it yet, plus, it's lurker flanking hours.

LV: Stale. But uhhhhhh... i don't see the point, it's always been stale since the day it was added, map changes just made it more evident.

Solaris: The closest to normal you'll ever get.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Small map=less lag

Also marines hate long routes to the front since it makes it easier to die to lurkers.

Aliens like LV becuase the chokepoints are aids to pierce or you can lure the marines in and kill them all.

What I am saying is this...

We need more small maps

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigeon View Post
    Small map=less lag

Also marines hate long routes to the front since it makes it easier to die to lurkers.

Aliens like LV becuase the chokepoints are aids to pierce or you can lure the marines in and kill them all.

What I am saying is this...

We need more small maps
    Solution: Sulaco map a la Aliens: Colonial Marines

#bringsulacoback
    Last edited by Outcast Seer; 03-20-2020 at 02:26 AM.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outcast Seer View Post
    Solution: Sulaco map a la Aliens: Colonial Marines

#bringsulacoback
    +1 yes,

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most newer players say LV sucks because they don't know anything about map design in CM, they hug cades or use their IFF L42s and shoot into chokes. No wonder they dislike LV when it's always voted.

Thing is, LV offers the best backline/frontline brawling experience with the entire western portion of the map and T-fort. One thing that I hate about LV is nightmare, aka forced chokepoints. I'd remove that from the code and keep the central fog that gives both sides enough time to prepare but that's not what the devs want so whatever.

There's always a flanking route, nobody protects the far eastern or far western flanks. You can't say that about, for example, Prison or Big Red where the flanks are walled off thanks to nightmare.

It's also the least laggy map that has a water source at the frontline and also punishes bad lurkers and rewards the good ones etc.

And regarding loot, go grab a set of lasertag armor, one of the best armor pieces for active frontlining.
    You don't need le epic mk221 or a box of inci slugs to win.

Whitelisted Captain/Retired WL Maintainer Snooper44's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember when LV was the only map, then eventually ice came along.

It is still the best map in my opinion.

Commodore Greg Lauffer

Whitelist Maintainer

January 1st 2021 - June 28th 2021

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Avalanchee View Post
    Most newer players say LV sucks because they don't know anything about map design in CM, they hug cades or use their IFF L42s and shoot into chokes. No wonder they dislike LV when it's always voted.

Thing is, LV offers the best backline/frontline brawling experience with the entire western portion of the map and T-fort. One thing that I hate about LV is nightmare, aka forced chokepoints. I'd remove that from the code and keep the central fog that gives both sides enough time to prepare but that's not what the devs want so whatever.

There's always a flanking route, nobody protects the far eastern or far western flanks. You can't say that about, for example, Prison or Big Red where the flanks are walled off thanks to nightmare.

It's also the least laggy map that has a water source at the frontline and also punishes bad lurkers and rewards the good ones etc.

And regarding loot, go grab a set of lasertag armor, one of the best armor pieces for active frontlining.
    You don't need le epic mk221 or a box of inci slugs to win.
    Yeah. A day or two ago, I got most of Delta squad and the specs from Charlie and Alpha to push the west caves with me, while the rest of the marines were busy sitting around at the central caves and east caves chokepoints of hell. To everyone's surprise but my own, we were able to score a half-dozen xeno kills within a few minutes and significantly reduced the pressure the xenos had on the other portions of the map, as they had to focus on our aggression at the west caves. I believe they even moved two boilers over to stop us from pushing at all.

LV is a good map if people want to do things besides the standard, extremely boring meta of 'fortify nexus, fortify hydro, push containers, die in 2 tile wide chokes at central/east caves'.
    Good SLs and command staff make LV exceptionally fun, since you can organize sick flanks while another squad holds the front.

I personally think CORSAT is the best map, but only if the horrendous lag issues the server has are fixed. Until then, LV is probably the best even if it is stale.
    Prison used to be good but now it's just LV 2: You Can CAS Everywhere

Also is Lasertag armor actually good, or is that just a joke?