User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DEFCON Mechanics

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It definitely takes ages to get a decent percentage of intel, I hope it's updated to be quicker.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I just asked a developer who checked.

Marine bodies have to be in the morgue to count towards the objective.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampmare View Post
    Are you sure this is the current case? I've seen the DEFCON % go into the negative. This was likely sbecause no intel was gathered and all the marines were dead.
    I'm just saying what I has been told. I think it was moderator that responded to my ahelp and he didn't knew how this works and dev who created DEFCON was not responding so it took a while and I was fighting benos during conversation... I can't say it's 100% how it works.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    KIA marines being on the ground lose you DEFCON points overtime. The marine has to be in the morgue to count as recovered.
    Resident ex-punished Junior Developer and Coder, and ex three-time member of the Yautja Council, two-time member of the Synth Council.

See with your eyes, my army of flies, when no one's alive...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some paper scraps and progress reports, when used, will give the message 'you feel that this document is important and should be returned to the Almayer'. Probably has to do with documents.

Technical manuals and autopsy scanners are also objective items that may count towards item retrieval, though I believe they may not be fully implemented in the chain of paper scrap > folder > disk > so on. Probably good to make a habit of just collecting them as we see them anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DATA
    Decrypted disks and unlocked data terminals. Documents in the egg hunt will give passeords, enter the disks and passeords into the computers in the AI room to decrypt. You find passwords for data terminals scattered around.

Documents are also hidden in filing cabinets and lockers and shit, so check thise.

DOCUMENTS
    Any document in the objectives egghunt that must be returned to the Almayer. Scraps, Reports, Technical manuals, folders-- the obly difference is how long they take to read.

ITEM RETRIEVAL
    ARES sends out requests to retrieve items sometimes, put them in the AI room.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DEFCON shouldn't just raise over time if you have unrecovered KIA marines.

it makes literally no sense. The DEFCON level should logically drop when more people just start vanishing off the face of the planet, and if DEFCON is supposed to serve as a mechanic for marines to last into the late game, it shouldn't be actively discouraged for late game usage by its own mechanics.
    Chance Warden

Duke the Synthetic, Karr'Thesh the Yautja
    ex-synth councilman and retired moderator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kineem View Post
    DEFCON shouldn't just raise over time if you have unrecovered KIA marines.

it makes literally no sense. The DEFCON level should logically drop when more people just start vanishing off the face of the planet, and if DEFCON is supposed to serve as a mechanic for marines to last into the late game, it shouldn't be actively discouraged for late game usage by its own mechanics.
    You can probably rely on it to break the stalemates on LV, when the xenos decide that they will just camp in the caves. Marines can ease up the pressure, scour the colony for all the data (objective data foesn't spawn in the caves) and maybe capture one of the two colonist nests. Probably enough for a nuke.