User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Let's Recreate Aliens inside CM

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moosetasm View Post
    6: Try telling the beanos that they only get to play as ancient drones.
    Ancient warriors. Not the worst thing ever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonesome View Post
    Ancient warriors. Not the worst thing ever.
    Yeah, I know they’re supposed to be “warrior caste,” but by lore, that’s just older drones. The xenos in Aliens are not nearly as massive as the warriors depicted in CM.

If doing it as a re-enactment, it comes down to how they want to depict the xenos in the different scenes. The closest analogue for the nest ambush, for example, might actually be stalkers. They are about the right size, and they blend so well into the background that no one notices the damn things until they get pounced and dragged away. I suppose it could just as easily be a chamber lined with resin doors, since we do get Hudson yelling that “they’re coming out of the goddamn walls.”

But then we get to where the xenos assault the marines barricaded in the colony, and that’s a bit tricky. The xenos aren’t really in the pipes, but that might still be the best way to show how they get past all the barricades unseen.

It would be really nifty to see it done. It’s just going to be complicated pulling it off from a logistics standpoint.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moosetasm View Post
    The closest analogue for the nest ambush, for example, might actually be stalkers.
    I think the closest analogue is that they're all drones and warriors, but they all gain the runner's hide ability and a version of the lurker's stealth that only functions while stationary within the hive. It seems like pretty much any xenomorph can hide by pressing against a wall and being stationary within the hive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UnwaveringGrey View Post
    I think the closest analogue is that they're all drones and warriors, but they all gain the runner's hide ability and a version of the lurker's stealth that only functions while stationary within the hive. It seems like pretty much any xenomorph can hide by pressing against a wall and being stationary within the hive.
    True enough. The one Vasquez annihilates though, the one that explodes and showers Drake in acid, isn’t even pressed up against anything. It’s just kinda crouched there and slowly rises up, turning right when Vasquez starts yelling at Drake.

I was just trying to suggest things for the re-enactment that could be done without changing any of the game mechanics. Essentially only the map would need to be made.

Whitelisted Captain BatHoovyDood's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    Cringe. Whats next? Lets recreate "Heavy is Dead" in CM?
    Genius.
    - Squad Leader Cassandra 'Boston' Ellis (and overconfident CO)

(Probably already dead)