Staff Report
    Your BYOND Key
    Artemis111
    Your Character Name?
    Artemis Borovetski
    Their BYOND Key
    Bath Salts Addict
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    Around 3:15 central US time, January 14.
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    3. Determine the seriousness of the issue
    a. This is very important because the seriousness should match the punishment. For example: using light netspeak (emoji's and such) is not a bannable offense for first time offenders; however, killing a marine for an insufficient reasons is.
    Description of the incident
    It all started as a normal game of LV, marines are pushing across the river toward T-fort and fighting is hectic as aliens are lurking on all sides. The xeno started to push and I fell back across the river where some deltas were located. As soon as I walked across the river I saw something west, in the dark, probably a warrior. I instinctively jerked my wrist and fired without checking for friendlies around me, and of course, I managed to point blank hit a Delta marine with a slug. Embarrassed and afraid of being friendly fired back I ran south, into hydro and waited there for some time. I got messaged by Bath Salts Addict at this time, asking why I friendly fired a marine. I told him I saw something west of the marine and fired off a round. When he asked why I ran away I told him I was scared of being FFed back (The Delta was typing in all caps at this point). After some time I ran back and saw the Delta marine I shot was treated, but incapacitated on the ground in hydro. Feeling bad about FFing the marine accidentally, I dragged him back to LZ1 where he regained consciousness and I told him it was an accident and I was sorry. He hit me and we started to get into an argument, but I did not hit him back.

The FF was honestly a genuine mistake, I didn't shoot him on purpose. I've gotten into brawls and gotten warnings before, but those brawls were usually started by heated arguments whereas this time I never interacted with the delta marine prior to the accident. If you check the logs you could see I was actively fighting aliens and that was the first time I friendly fired anyone that round.

After some time I got another message saying I was getting a heavy warning for FF under questionable circumstances. I don't understand what part of these circumstances are questionable, I fired off a round at a xeno and accidentally PB�d a marine who was in front of me. I know that FF logs are stored and running wouldn't help me get away from a bwoink.
    Evidence
    I didn't take any pictures or logs.
    How you would punish the accused
    I don't think this situation warrants a warning, yet alone a heavy warning.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Logs from the Incident:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Admin PM Conversation:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, my side of the story.

I received an ahelp about possible intentional FF. Broden said he had no prior issue with you ICly or OOCly that round, but seeing as he's a rather controversial player I opted to delve a bit deeper than that. Between conversing with you and conversing with him, I established the following:

1. You claimed you saw something west, but a cursory glance of the immediate area in observer mode showed no nearby xenos. This can be conjectural, of course, but xenos are pretty fast and it stands to reason that the average xeno would linger around two lone Marines - especially if one Marine just ate a PB slug. And yes, I checked. You two WERE alone. Easy pickings. And for the record, Broden never did see a xeno either.
    2. Even if you did see something west, in what world is your knee-jerk reaction to click the screen randomly? How in the world did a xeno to the left of your character translate to you clicking behind you and pointblanking the friendly behind you? The logistics of you PBing the marine behind you to try and deal with the xeno you claim to have seen west of you is questionable, at best. This was a red flag to me.
    3. You ran away from Broden and left him there for a good two minutes. According to the timestamps, you only opted to go back for him AFTER I messaged you. This was another red flag to me.
    4. Tying my first and third points together, if there really was a xeno there and you left Ackers on the ground wounded for a good two minutes, he'd be dead. End of story.
    5. Looking through your notes, I saw a link to a player report you made where you had a note for improper escalation. Considering this alongside the fact that you yourself used to be a mentor, you should know that retaliatory FF is not allowed, and that the worst case scenario you could be ahealed and the perpetrator punished. So the fact that you ran away when considering those points is, again, highly questionable.

Now interestingly enough... Now that I read that particular report more thoroughly, it's come to light that you in fact outright lied about the person you shot shooting at you. Instead you gunned him down when he only threw eggs at you. Seeing as that report happened three months ago, I had decided to just warn you but if I had read it through properly and learned that you tried to lie about it, I would have in fact applied a ban.
    Last edited by Bath Salts Addict; 01-16-2019 at 04:52 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All right.

1. When I first blasted him, there were a few deltas there which are part of the reason I wasn't afraid to leave him there (I know its a still a dick move). I'm assuming that's why the xeno didn't attack. If it was just me and him, we'd both probably have died. Im 99.99% sure there are logs of him talking to them in caps, probably before the report.

2. I didn't shoot behind me, I blasted left in its general direction, and hit him as he was walking (or standing, I'm not sure). It wasn't a general retreat either, I wanted to fall back after being spooked by xenos at the front which is why I ran away to Hydro.

3. If I did leave him there he would have died, there were other Deltas there, that's why he didn't die.

4. Yes, I did go back only after your message.

5. Yeah. I also saw the comment about me shooting the wrong guy. I got shot by a delta after starting a fight and shot the guy I thought shot me after he started taunting me. I know I broke the rules on that one. It ended up being the wrong guy and now I feel stupid about it. That ones on me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since I'm the one that originally ahelped Artemis for intentional FF I'll make my bid here.

I ran to hydro and exited it through the north entrance and walked slightly to the west to make my way up north as there was combat across the river.
    Artemis was infront of me and ran back with his shotgun unwielded if I remember correctly and wielded it and PB'ed me without any xenos near. I don't clearly remember if there was a xeno to the west but if Artemis is saying so i'll take that for granted.

Only thing that doesn't make any sense is if you're trying to shoot west how do you PB me? I was standing south you litterally have to click behind my sprite to perform a PB.
    this is where I was astonished, I get FFed pretty much every round and rarely ahelp it but this just seemed so blatant. After he PBed me he just ran away into Hydro and left me there in crit, there were about two marines near the river that saw what happened and walked towards me as I cried for help giving me painkillers artemis took his fair time to get back to me and when he did he didnt say anything at first he just started dragging me to the LZ whilst I was ICly and OOcly questioning him on why the hell he'd friendlyfire me like that.

edit; If there was indeed a xeno why did you not immediatly go after it? right after you shot me that is. with the few marines around us you wouldn't have gotten in that much trouble and you would've bought me time to either get up or be evacuated by other marines.

Artemis his story just seems shady, i can't remember ever having issues with him clearly maybe i've stolen his rifle in rounds before but nothing that stands out.
    Last edited by Big Dookie; 01-16-2019 at 03:12 PM. Reason: added something

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big Dookie I swear to you it was a pure accident. I saw warrior west and tried to fire in its general direction, I'm not even sure why it fired south if I clicked west, I could swear I saw you get flung west. I'm not sure if we interacted much previously so there is zero reason for me to friendly fire you intentionally. I've been playing for over a year and I have no notes of randomly blasting marines, there was always a reason for it even if my reasons were stupid and rule breaking. Im sorry I ruined your round, it really was an accident.
    Last edited by Eliteart1; 01-16-2019 at 05:48 PM. Reason: Im giving a stranger the benefit of doubt. Seems like a mistake

Banned
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to make this brief -

To back up Addict and Bramb, both their events pretty much line up with what I saw. I usually just watch my friends when I'm ghosting, and how you shot them seemed suspicious. I didn't handle the issue due to the inherent bias of it, but BSA even agreed at the time it was really odd.

It's hard to say you did it with 100% clarity, but everything is stacked against you - it didn't really seem like an accident

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Giving notes or warning for "odd seeming" FF incidents is pretty standard. It doesn't mean you are a terrible person or anything like that, it simply means it happened. If it happens more however we have a paper trail so we can establish whether or not it is a trend for the player. And then we take appropriate action. At the time while it may have seemed "fishy" the Mod determined it was likely not 100% intentional and only applied a warning and note and not a ban.

Resolved. No action taken.