Byond ID?
    Unknownity

Marine Name
    Samuel 'Prophet' Logue , xeno name POW8

Other Whitelist Applications
    N/A

Name of the Synth Character you wish to play
    Kyra

Are you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    Yes,I fully understand them.

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.
    Combat may be performed in very specific situations,one of which where you are the only individual on the scene and there is nobody else to assist you,you are required to defend yourself for the sake of self-preservation and disengage once the hostile leaves.
    If there is someone else with you and is able to fight,let them attack the hostile instead while you continue your work such as dragging the wounded.
    During a delta alert however,combat restrictions are removed except the ones you are mechanically unable to do such as using ranged weaponry (rifles,pistols) and indirect weaponry (M56Ds etc.) A Synthetic by design is only able to use melee weapons.

Synthetic Character Story
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...a5hJP8tT4/edit

2516 words.

I've made a story that explains how Kyra ended up in the colonies as a survivor synthetic or how she joined the USCM to work on the USS Almayer.

What is your Synth�s quirk and personality?
    Kyra has a love for science and research due to her past experience working mostly as a researcher,she is curious by nature as in to check on everyone working on new discoveries,strategies and constructions and assisting them to yield greater results,she does not neglect other departments and will still assist them when required. She likes to question people when it comes to obtaining information that changes often (status on patients,research,defenses and overall strategy on the field) and in return she will give suggestions to improve them or simply give cheer to those she asked so they can work more positively.
    When it comes to her tone and facial expressions,she is mostly strict and fixed when it comes to her work so she can get straight to the point while on the other hand presenting a more cheerful-like vibe to other colleagues to give them a slight boost of morale.

How familiar are you with Engineering?
    I'm quite familiar with engineering and everything related to it. I know how to build a good FOB,build and repair telecommunications,repair APCs and create new ones if required. Manage fuel reactors and SMES and loading the OB. The only thing I haven't been truly familiar with is the Chief Engineer role albeit I believe due to my experience from my Bravo Squad Leader role and often being a CMO,I'd say I shouldn't have any issues being a CE. (One note if it counts,I'm familiar being a CE in other servers)

How familiar are you with Command?
    My experience with Command comes from being a Squad Leader,CMO and an SO. I know how to order around,use the Overwatch console,issue squad supply drops and OBs. When it comes to squad management,I would communicate with the SO (If I was SL) very often,same goes if the roles were reversed and ask the marines if they require anything,I would also tell locations of their fallen comrades (mostly the ones that are above the PFC rank) and often tell their current numbers. Since the PO and IO also belong part of the command,I know how to play those roles too and I'm familiar with the mechanics behind them as well.

How familiar are you with Medical?
    I'm extremely familiar with Medical with all the roles. I've fully memorized most medical surgeries and procedures,medicines and their corresponding color of their pill bottles,most chemistry recipes and procedures on researching and hydroponics. I use the triage system quite often and ask medics on the field to use it too since how underrated it is and how much it helps. I communicate with the medical on the field as the CMO if they need anything to be dropped or give them locations of deceased marines for a possible body retrieval or rescue. I notify the command of current active marines and notify them of the deceased who are important in terms of rank (SL,Spec,VC,IO etc.) As a field medic,I'm familiar with false positives using the health analyzer as sometimes certain parts may not be needed to be splinted at all unless another message is included that makes it certain,I almost always take custom medicine with me so they can be treated with (ImiAlky as an example) and if needed I will provide an alternative route to heal certain injuries if it's an emergency such as healing Internal Bleeding with Bica OD and then giving them one or two Kelo pills to counteract the overdose effects.

How familiar are you with Requisitions?
    I'm quite familiar with Requisitions and how it works,knowing most marine slang for attachments to vend and knowing which things to order while conserving points as much as I can,using the stamp and leaving the crates opened so we get a few points and I know how to use the supply drop system well. I also communicate often with other squads,mostly Bravo on what they need.
    Note,I have the least amount of hours dedicated in this department but I'm still good enough to do things efficiently.

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?
    I love playing as silicon roles in general and being able to be a synthetic would help me cherish my love playing as an artificial intelligence and being a jack of all trades support cause I love playing support roles in this server as a marine and even xenomorph as I stick to supportive castes. I'd say as a big silicon main on SS13,I believe I'm fit for this role as I already have some experience being a robot and AI under Asimov laws and being a Synthetic is different but still familiar enough that I shouldn't have any issues with.

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?
    I've been banned once for EORG in my entire lifetime being here.

Are you currently banned from our Discord, and if so, why?
    No.

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?
    Yes,I'm not that kind of a person that frequently posts in the forums but I'm still active here as I like to read the threads and such. I'm active on the discord too and do post sometimes.
    If you are worried about me playing xenomorph too much,don't be. My hours as a human are doubled compared to my xeno hours.

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your app's answers to the questions provided are finely written, though I've personally never seen you play anything other than PO and maybe IO too. While that on its own wouldn't be too much of an issue and your knowledge and competency in all the departments could easily be checked, the app has some extremely serious flaws.

And those are the story and the quirk.

The basic idea behind the quirk is okay, but your wording of it is questionable. Does Kyra actually love doing R&D? Do you understand that synths don't feel emotions?

This problem is accentuated tenfold all throughout your story. Again, writing suggests to me that Kyra is actually feeling emotions. I've noticed some grammatical errors which don't help the story's readability, which is a damn shame considering you've clearly put time and effort into writing and formatting this story. And I'd say that if Nero were a human it would have been passable, but the fact that Nero did all the things he did, and him being a synth just turns the story's plot twist into a trainwreck.

Please read the accepted applications and their stories, use the #Whitelist-App-Help channel on our official CM discord to ask for assistance, and do not be afraid to PM a synthetic technician if you are really stuck and unsure about something related to your future application.

Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!

Whitelisted Synthetic Unknownity's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 50RemAndCounting View Post
    Your app's answers to the questions provided are finely written, though I've personally never seen you play anything other than PO and maybe IO too. While that on its own wouldn't be too much of an issue and your knowledge and competency in all the departments could easily be checked, the app has some extremely serious flaws.

And those are the story and the quirk.

The basic idea behind the quirk is okay, but your wording of it is questionable. Does Kyra actually love doing R&D? Do you understand that synths don't feel emotions?

This problem is accentuated tenfold all throughout your story. Again, writing suggests to me that Kyra is actually feeling emotions. I've noticed some grammatical errors which don't help the story's readability, which is a damn shame considering you've clearly put time and effort into writing and formatting this story. And I'd say that if Nero were a human it would have been passable, but the fact that Nero did all the things he did, and him being a synth just turns the story's plot twist into a trainwreck.

Please read the accepted applications and their stories, use the #Whitelist-App-Help channel on our official CM discord to ask for assistance, and do not be afraid to PM a synthetic technician if you are really stuck and unsure about something related to your future application.

Thank you for your criticism.
    Does Kyra actually love doing R&D? Do you understand that synths don't feel emotions?
    Kyra's "love" for R&D comes from her programming for her to fit in easier with the rest working in the same department for a healthy environment.
    Regarding her feeling emotions,I wanted to counteract that she actually isn't feeling anything by showing how the people reacted in the operating theatre compared to her as if it was nothing.

I've noticed some grammatical errors which don't help the story's readability
    I was hoping this wouldn't happen,I used Google's innate spelling and grammar checker to fix the mistakes I've done,I guess it didn't help as much as I thought it would.
    I also have some issues with spelling and grammar myself,having a mild case of dyslexia which didn't help me that much making this.

My idea for the antagonist of the story,Nero, was to provide an interesting view on how would a Synth converse with another and twist it so their conversations wouldn't be so bland if the synths had the same programming and the only difference being their quirk,now you could just leave them the same in terms of programming but I didn't feel it for my story.

though I've personally never seen you play anything other than PO and maybe IO too.
    I really played those roles for some time a few months ago or so. Could be our timezones,though I do see you sometimes playing in my regular hours.

Again,thank you for what you said and I'll take them into consideration and try to improve.
    Samuel 'Prophet' Logue
    BRAVO n CHARLIE Forever
    "Getting too old for this shit."
    ----
    Synthetic Kyra
    ---
    Yautja Shi'rei Mei'ka
    ----
    POW
    Burrower main

Synthetic Council Member Jakkkk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why did you write a 2 and a half thousand word story?
    Synthetic Senator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakkkk View Post
    Why did you write a 2 and a half thousand word story?
    You have to take into account that the quantity is inflated from the beginning of the story,that's about 337 words and the story would have around 2100 words.
    I didn't want to go overboard by making it a novel and I checked other stories and people saying how many words a story should have,the mark being around 1000 words to 2000 words,3000 words would be pushing it so I tried to avoid that number.
    I hope this is the answer you were looking for.
    Samuel 'Prophet' Logue
    BRAVO n CHARLIE Forever
    ----
    Synthetic Kyra
    ---
    Yautja Shi'rei Mei'ka
    ----
    POW
    Burrower main

Banned
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I may not comment on Synth apps much but I've seen you play and I haven't seen anything bad.

I wont go into detail on your app as to me it's the player that matters and I think you'll be a fine Synthetic.

+1 from me and I hope the WL goes well for you.

Whitelisted Synthetic Obliviouss0's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seen you around when I played sometimes. The story's nice, but we synths like the fine line of not having to read a novel, but it looks like you've formatted well and wrote well so it's a pass.

Quirk's nice. The synth that has a lust for knowledge of the world as it changes.

I'll give you a chance for that +1 if they won't..- Ahem.
    "How do you repair a APC from it's completely broken state? (Power)"
    Player of Rodrick Fisher and Bowie. Roughest darn darn darn darn darm darn.... thing out there.

Creator of a small guide on how to be a successful researcher:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Obliviouss0 View Post
    "How do you repair a APC from it's completely broken state? (Power)"
    if the APC is broken but not entirely blown up or destroyed. (Which I'm assuming in this scenario it is from that question)
    All you have to do is click on it,get wirecutters to mend all the wires and then fix the cover with a screwdriver. It's optional although recommended to replace the empty power cell with a new one to quickly get the power back on.
    Samuel 'Prophet' Logue
    BRAVO n CHARLIE Forever
    ----
    Synthetic Kyra
    ---
    Yautja Shi'rei Mei'ka
    ----
    POW
    Burrower main

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i've seen you on the xenoe side and marine side you always seem to do well +1

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You seem to understand that synthetic's do infact not feel emotions, for example you mention numerous times in the story Kyra's emotionless tone when speaking. Yet, at the end you still decide to use the word 'love' which is quite a strong word. It's a really strange word for a synth, especially a 1st gen to use in relation to themselves. Generally when you're in-game talking as a synth, you want to make your speech seem a bit 'off' to make them actually seem like a synth. I feel like you do this really well during like the first half of the story. But then at the very end she practically speaks just like a human. I'd assume you did it to showcase her quirk, which is partially that she 'loves' RnD. Honestly, I'd probably advise cutting that part out of the quirk. Being a curious research synth is enough.

Despite all that though, the rest of the story is good, the answers are good, you've got quite a bit of people vouching for you, and you do seem to understand how to talk as a synth and that they don't feel emotions from the first half of the story. Therefore I'm willing to give ya the benefit of the doubt.

1+
    Max Judge, the 45 year old slightly fat man with an unfitting action hero name.

Fred, the worrisome synth.