Byond ID?
    Snooper44

CM Character?
    Greg Lauffer 'Miracle of Sol'

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    EST

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    20+

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    No

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    Not anymore

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    No

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    No

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    No

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Yes

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    My first move would be to investigate their notes. If it is relatively clear of no major incidents I would not consider punishment other then a note and let the MPs handle it.

However, if they have a history I would take appropriate steps asking why they did what they did before making judgement such as a possible ban.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    I would inform the player that it falls to a whitelist issue and to formulate and post a report against the said predator.

I would also inform the Predator that he will likely see a report for his actions.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    I would check their play time and if they are entirely new I would shoot them a PM or direct a SEA or MP to assist them if they are not occupied.

Also I would direct them to wiki materials to assist them with mechanics.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    I would inform them that if they have a problem with myself to file a staff report. Otherwise I would carry out whatever I am doing and depending on if concerns them breaking a rule, I would add a note mentioning their rude behavior should they be banned in the future so attitude is considered in future appeals.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    A simple PM informing them that their names does not apply to IC standards.

I would then ask them to pick a different name for them to change to and check if they have any notes in regards to choosing a name similarly rulebreaking in the past.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    I would not say anything, this is entirely IC and falls on the MPs to enforce as is their duty.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    I'd inform the survivor that hostile survivors are no longer and thing and give them an extreme warning for escalation along with a note.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    Considering I have played CMP plenty I would investigate the one who threw them into perma and ask what their charges were. If it turns out it was indeed bogus then I would inform the MP and likely issue a note for future mods to look to if they abuse MP authority.

However, if it turns out the marine is under-exaggerating the situation i'd inform them that the time does indeed warrant perma and I can do nothing else.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    Depending on the situation I would have one side take action. For example if the xenos are simply running around the colony and killing lone marines I would tell them to charge LZ1 and try to hijack.

However, if they are openly trying to fend off marines from a new hive I would tell marines to make the offensive as it is their job to clear the threat from the colony with the odds in their favor.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    I as a staff member involved cannot make judgement. I would simply AHELP with my testament and let another staff member handle it.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    I would inform the CLF member it's not EORG as its a opposite faction and thus doesn't apply.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    I would not interfere unless it becomes a major issue. This falls on MPs to enforce and deal proper judgement according to marine law.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    First I would check the accused notes after consulting with both parties, then take action as it goes beyond the rule of escalation and likely depending on if the accused notes are bad, issue a ban.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    I'd speak in OOC informing marines that they cannot perform a mutiny until they follow the proper rules to organize one.

If they continue i'd be forced to sleep those involve to prevent the chaos from unfolding and issue punishments accordingly for not heeding the warning and following the rules.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    I'd simply tell them it's an IC issue. There is no problem with racism IC as its an IC issue and should be brought up with command/MPS.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    I'd give the shooter a few minutes to reconnect. If they don't return then file for perma.

Also AHeal those killed/wounded after.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    First a PM towards the accused, following by the checking of notes. If they have had xeno notes before I would be forced to issue an xeno ban.

Otherwise it'd just be a major note for future offenses as sometimes newbies make mistakes during their first time as xenos.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    I'd send them a PM, informing them that their actions are LRP and they are to avoid using memespeak while in character. If they continue a note would be issued.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    I do not see it as a major issue however if they spam it repeatedly i'd inform them it is LRP and they are to act as if they don't know what a dropship is and should use the term 'metal bird'

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    I'd inform them the Captain did nothing wrong. The marines in regards to new rules know there are aliens on the planet now.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    I'd PM both players involved then check the notes of the accused. If he was not shot in anyway first which would give him justification to return fire, he'd receive a note for improper escalation and be warned as future offenses could result in a ban.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    I am a calm person so it is not major problem to me. However, I would ask another staff member to inform them to stop misusing LOOC to rant and complain about a situation and to instead refer to a staff report as they could receive a note for toxicity.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    I simply inform them I cannot do that, things happen in game and people disconnect and as a result die even in important roles.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    A simple correction in Msay or PM would suffice to correct their mistake. In regards to a rule i'd pass it along to the manager.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    I would refer them to the manager and personally contact them if I must. Putting my input could just fuel the flames and it is better someone of superior authority takes the reigns.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    I have been on Colonial Marines for quite a long time now. I have played pretty much every role and have had fun doing so while encouraging RP among the player base and even making a lore discord with staff members and regular players.

I hope to play a part in helping manage a community that has been quite fun to be apart of and help it grow for the better as the future continues to come our way.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    Being calm and respectful goes a long way in my opinion. I understand many situations are stressful and you can deal with some narcissistic people but I hope to be able to maintain a calm and respectful composure when enforcing certain rules.

Anything else you
    Lore is important I feel there should certainly one day be some sort of team that assists with maintaining and writing it. Similar to the wiki team and channel on discord. We have a CM discussion channel but that is mainly for discussing mechanics, not lore. We should have one specifically for lore.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    About damn time.

Good answers and I believe Snooper will be a great addition to the team.

Banned
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sure +1

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you plan to give players an earful like when you play?
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Admin Manager
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes. I approve- many +1s.

But in all seriousness, Snooper is a good guy, and I think he'd make a good mod.

+1

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good app, good player, Snooper can be trusted to handle marine law related issues correctly and efficiently, and that is something that is always in demand here. While we will have likely much less headache-inducing Marine Law ahelps with the new ML rework, this is a very good thing regardless.

I see no reason not to give you a trial.

+1
    Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Answers are up to standard and ya not a shitter so yea +1

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will punch Melody in the throat if you do paragraphs everytime you deal with an Ahelp

+1

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What bobat said.

+1

But on a more serious note,
    You have almost perfect answers for most of your responses.

These are the only issues I see:

First I would check the accused notes after consulting with both parties, then take action as it goes beyond the rule of escalation and likely depending on if the accused notes are bad, issue a ban.
    It's not notes you initially check here, it's attack logs that you check first. Then notes to determine the ban.

I do not see it as a major issue however if they spam it repeatedly i'd inform them it is LRP and they are to act as if they don't know what a dropship is and should use the term 'metal bird'
    We're doing expected contact. Xenos know about dropships and don't exactly have to call it a metal bird. However, everything's LRP if you spam it too much without reason.

I'd inform them the Captain did nothing wrong. The marines in regards to new rules know there are aliens on the planet now.
    Despite it being expected contact, you still don't know that there IS going to be xenomorphs on the planet, it could still be CLF. The USCM just has dealt with Xenomorphs before.

I'd PM both players involved then check the notes of the accused. If he was not shot in anyway first which would give him justification to return fire, he'd receive a note for improper escalation and be warned as future offenses could result in a ban.
    Believe it or not, you can do this without proper escalation. They only need an RP reason.
    Last edited by Novacti; 03-24-2020 at 01:43 PM.
    Ex- Predator Council Senator, Mentor Manager, Discord Moderator and Moderator Trainer
    My wall of medals: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    Discord: Novacti#0505

Whitelisted Captain/Retired WL Maintainer Snooper44's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AcuteCircle View Post
    Do you plan to give players an earful like when you play?
    Only if I am replying to a question that requires the finest of IC answers with proper depth assuming there are no mentors.

Commodore Greg Lauffer

Whitelist Maintainer

January 1st 2021 - June 28th 2021