Wamakahana Windhealer
    Their BYOND Key
    50remandcounting
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    ~12:30 AM (AEST)
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    Abuse of power
    Description of the incident
    During my CO game, I was boinked for an announcement and then banned for the use of the words "xendigo" and "unga". The former for breaching RP rules by knowing about the xenomorphs early, and the latter for being "LRP".

I believe this is a gross miscalculation and not at all deserving of a day ban, and I believe that 50rem has gone out of his way to find a reason to fabricate and exaggerate a reason to ban me this rounds.

The first part of the ban was for LRP, which is absolutely wrong.

To quote from the CM rules page "Play a reasonably realistic character. Treat your character as a separate entity from you, the player. Your character's actions, feelings, and knowledge in-game should be based solely on the character's experiences and not your own as the player. Low roleplay actions that have no regard for your character or the setting (Memes, silly copypaste spam IC) are not acceptable"

Unga is an in character word that I have always used to describe a "warrior spirit" within marines. I have ALWAYS played Windhealer as a consistent character with consistent motivations and interactions with other players, aesthetically he is some kind of space tribal warrior chief who fights for the USCM but that has never got in the way of me playing my role suitably. Unga is in-universe and PLAYER driven, which I thought was meant to be the point of this game and SS13 in general; players interacting and roleplaying.

As for the "metagaming" and Xendigos, Xendigo is an IC Windspeak word that means 'evil foe', it has always been this way, I use the word to describe CLF and Xenomorphs alike, its not my fault we never fight CLF so of course I don't have any examples of me using it in that exact context. As per expected contact RP I know

I believe that he's gone out of his way to exaggerate these two facets of my character as being 'LRP' and 'Meta', all because I insulted the 'space chiefs' during my opening briefing because they banned my scalpball game (another issue entirely that warrants a different discussion)

50rem was boinking me at every opportunity throughout the round, even boinking me for "Not putting on a briefing" even though I clearly stated that I was giving orders on the Alamo. Also their have been plenty of CO's who have skipped briefing during their rounds. I wasn't even given a warning, he just threw a 24 hour ban on me because I said two words that in his biased opinion meant LRP, words that I am well known for using through all my rounds and he just decided to get me banned for this one because he doesen't like me.

And also, at the end of the day, shouldent this all have been a council issue anyway?
    EvidenceHow you would punish the accused
    A demotion or something, I don't know how staff punish eachover although I expect this to get thrown out anyway and 50rem will ban me in the future for uttering whatever word he deems LRP at the time.

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LRP is not a council issue, and 50Rem acted with my full support. If you believe his actions to be wrong then I will take responsibility for it, however I agree completely with their actions.
    You were pushing things by talking about xendigos anyway, regardless of if you use it to address CLF or whatnot, you have ZERO idea what you're going to be facing on the colony.
    You went on an OOC rant about your machete game being ruled LRP by management and thus we weren't going to let you do it.
    And you decided to make some blood bonds with some of the marines by having people stab eachother and themselves.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by forest2001 View Post
    LRP is not a council issue, and 50Rem acted with my full support. If you believe his actions to be wrong then I will take responsibility for it, however I agree completely with their actions.
    You were pushing things by talking about xendigos anyway, regardless of if you use it to address CLF or whatnot, you have ZERO idea what you're going to be facing on the colony.
    You went on an OOC rant about your machete game being ruled LRP by management and thus we weren't going to let you do it.
    And you decided to make some blood bonds with some of the marines by having people stab eachother and themselves.
    All of which things I have always done, which is completely volunteer RP and makes sense IC. Also no one stabs others in a blood bond, that is a blatant lie, they only cut themselves. I didnt even tell them to, I stabbed myself and put the knife on the floor and they roleplayed with me in kind.

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreven View Post
    All of which things I have always done, which is completely volunteer RP and makes sense IC. Also no one stabs others in a blood bond, that is a blatant lie, they only cut themselves. I didnt even tell them to, I stabbed myself and put the knife on the floor and they roleplayed with me in kind.
    If no one stabbed someone else then I apologise, my mistake.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by forest2001 View Post
    If no one stabbed someone else then I apologise, my mistake.
    Aye well I wonder how much this "factored" into the ban then, just like you two were clearly pissed off at me because I poked some fun at the 'space chiefs' in a playful IC manner (not an OOC rant like you stated, unless your talking about me complaining in OOC chat before round start, which is my right?). I thought mods and admins were meant to be consistent, and if you were you would be banning CO's for using any word that isn't strict military jargon (like swearing for example). If you had even a MODICUM of consistency about you then you would have banned me all the way back in 2019 when I was doing the first scalpball games or even before that when I was still saying unga and other such words as CO. So either you've failed in your adminship that entire time, or you went in with a bias and hounded me for any reason you could to get your little ban.

The sad part is you could have just played along with me, some banter between me and the 'space chiefs' would have made for fun RP and a better round, you would have got the last laugh too after I inevitably end up dying. Maybe you could have got the CL involved. But no, that wasn't good enough you had to have me removed because your ego got a little cut. Also that would have required some actual effort into improv and roleplay, something that I thought admins were meant to be good at as aren't they meant to be players of the game and have the role of "high command" in game.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also lets note that the word 'unga' is LITERALLY IN THE WIKI AS A PART OF MARINE SLANG, yet 50rem equates it to internet memes like "Epic Gamer Moment" (evidence: https://gyazo.com/b51adc188f89dce4a7506dc732655fd8)

I think its troubling that an admin has such a misunderstanding of CM's culture as to equate a LRP reddit meme to a word that has ***CANON** IC meaning.

https://cm-ss13.com/wiki/Slang

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would also like to add to my report that 50rem has leaked my personal IP address in a discord server, which is still up despite him being told that he leaked my IP. Which is pretty atrocious and unprofessional if you ask me.

https://i.gyazo.com/9f0ee1e2a4afe23b...9c96528268.png

https://i.gyazo.com/f2bb663854eacd4b...fd8168e6bb.png

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *Posted in a discord PM, not server. But still, im lucky that the person he sent it to was a good dude about it

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That screenshot was indeed only sent to a CO councillor in a PM. Me not censoring your IP address in that screenshot was not intentional and it was a tremendous screwup on my part, I apologize for that.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 50RemAndCounting View Post
    That screenshot was indeed only sent to a CO councillor in a PM. Me not censoring your IP address in that screenshot was not intentional and it was a tremendous screwup on my part, I apologize for that.
    okay well thankyou for that