User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Armor Choices

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why are you getting pounced in heavy armour to begin with? The speed malus hits so hard that I can't recommend using heavy armour outside of cades and if you get pounced behind cades, you need to thwack either the engineer that didn't build them properly or all those privates that let them get melted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If your fighting anything in heavy armor your going to lose, your squishy as a marine, if RNG wants to you can have your organs deleted in a single rav slash. Better to dodge the attack than take it head on, might aswell be faster than most xenos while your at it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by diedsniper View Post
    If your fighting anything in heavy armor your going to lose, your squishy as a marine, if RNG wants to you can have your organs deleted in a single rav slash. Better to dodge the attack than take it head on, might aswell be faster than most xenos while your at it.
    Agreed. I tried heavy armor for a while because I thought it might increase my survivability... Yeah, it doesn’t. Being able to juke your way into making a runner or stalker miss their pounce, to be able to sidestep a rav or crusher, or to dodge acid/neuro sprays is infinitely preferable to taking the hit. Because once you get hit, you’ll likely slow down even more. Good luck retreating for heals or getting to a safe spot when you move one tile every two seconds.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I usually run medium armor. I can't stand the heavy armor's movement debuff and because I play med I don't really need extra protection when I'm in the back of the fight. Even if I am attacked, I can just instantly pull out some brute/burn kits to heal myself.