User Tag List

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The myth of consensual RP, isn't there an admin you forgot to ask?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am a straight up FNG to this all but I would like to point out that during a couple of matches I have been yelled at or told not to use internet speak when using military acronyms. So while I would like to see MRP mixed into a bit of gimmick. I'm not sure some people even can stand on the ground of MRP when they don't understand material. Or another example being told to speak fat people language. which for those that don't know, in the military that is a civilian. So, maybe some clarification is needed. Just my pitiful two cents. I will go back to lurking and enjoying my many self immolating deaths. Thanks for creating this wonderful little playground of self doom.

--Alias "William Greyborn"
    Last edited by gamerprince; 03-30-2020 at 05:40 PM. Reason: Extra Word

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's the difference between Admins and Mods anyway other than another set of buttons for spawning in events and such?

Does CM really need a hierarchy among it's staff?

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitzubishi View Post
    What's the difference between Admins and Mods anyway other than another set of buttons for spawning in events and such?

Does CM really need a hierarchy among it's staff?
    Personally for me I've wanted Senior Mods to just be normal Mods, with Trials having a month long trial instead of 2 weeks. Splitting everything up and adding more roles than necessary doesn't really support a hierarchal structure and just gets people confused. Every mod should be expected to do a similar amount of work, instead of having it all split up based on whether you're a "workhorse mod" or a "senior mod". Similar story for admins, but since I've never been one (and probably never will be) I have nothing to say on that subject since I don't know much about it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The problem with RP, specifically MRP, is that I hear a different definition from pretty much every mod I ask. Some say MRP means you're roleplaying just as your expected role would act, others say MRP means you're a balance between LRP and HRP, where you have serious RP but are allowed be silly here and there, with plenty of other definitions that I neither have the patience nor will to go and retrack and write out.

As it stands, you're only MRP if the staff watching you agrees with your style of RP, or if an LRP event is happening where bartenders are serving whiskey to xenos, and then xenos get yelled at for following proper RP by killing/capturing the bartenders.

CM needs a better definition, not so it can be "rule-lawyered" but so people can stop being confused and disagreeing on what the hell consitutes MRP.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawMullet View Post
    Personally for me I've wanted Senior Mods to just be normal Mods, with Trials having a month long trial instead of 2 weeks. Splitting everything up and adding more roles than necessary doesn't really support a hierarchal structure and just gets people confused. Every mod should be expected to do a similar amount of work, instead of having it all split up based on whether you're a "workhorse mod" or a "senior mod". Similar story for admins, but since I've never been one (and probably never will be) I have nothing to say on that subject since I don't know much about it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The problem with RP, specifically MRP, is that I hear a different definition from pretty much every mod I ask. Some say MRP means you're roleplaying just as your expected role would act, others say MRP means you're a balance between LRP and HRP, where you have serious RP but are allowed be silly here and there, with plenty of other definitions that I neither have the patience nor will to go and retrack and write out.

As it stands, you're only MRP if the staff watching you agrees with your style of RP, or if an LRP event is happening where bartenders are serving whiskey to xenos, and then xenos get yelled at for following proper RP by killing/capturing the bartenders.

CM needs a better definition, not so it can be "rule-lawyered" but so people can stop being confused and disagreeing on what the hell consitutes MRP.
    From what I have seen, the only senior mod I see do stuff in-game is Hunk.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Senior Mods are very limited on events they can run you see Dorkkeli doing stuff as well.

Personally I advocated we turned everyone into game admins and all have equal powers and current admins would just get senior admin title.
    I also advocated Rule 0 be reworked into something like "Any staff member if they see a rule break, but there's no victim or it doesn't effect the round or roleplay can let it slide"
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problem with xenos being boinked for lrp, is that hrp for a xeno is perhaps the most miserable thing ever. With exception to the queen youre a highly skilled killing machine but also a dumb fucking bug. HRP would be would be limited to extreme tdm strats calling out locations and trap details and captures. This is fun for exactly 2 or 3 games. We have infinite. To be HRP means no xenos joking around or actually enjoying what theyre doing. Xenos in general just dont jive with role play period. It cannot work and still have players enjoy it. Xenos gotta meme man. Oddly it seems to be more understood for privates. Its generally accepted you have 100 or so randos that at the end of the day will at best kind of listen, but probably just do whatever and lrp anyways. That cant be fixed. The server frequently has 200 players on it so best outcome is to stop them from nading the drop or briefing and look the other way as long as they arent antagging other players for fun or no reason. A lot of mods do do this for privates being turds, just let it go. Im totally fine with that and taking an aggressive stance on privates maintaining hrp would crush the majority of the player base out. Probably the same tone needs to be taken for xenos too. Boinking xeno mains for being lrp should be a no no.

I think it was pointed out earlier in this thread that probably mrp should be more enforced for all positions SL and all officers up the chain. Below that is screaming in the wind.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saying that CM is MRP is cool but the MRP spectrum goes all the wat from Bee MRP (lol) to Hestia which is broad as fuck.

Admin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man, I'm so tempted to use this thread to whine about the notes I got for breaking rules that were never written down without any ill intent on my part.

But instead, I'm going to appeal to the current staff members who read this and/or posted in this thread to bring this up to the higher ups in the foodchain as incentive to try and set down some actual, official stances on rp and how staff should interact with it.
    Heck, do it like /tg/-station where the headmins actually came up with a series of several precedents for every rule to help the staff make consistent rulings and the playerbase to really understand the more nebulous (and the not so nebulous) parts.

Here's a link to that.

Now, obviously, those are for hard server rules, not RP, but the approach itself is what could help a lot with the problem of defining what is Low and what is Medium RP, what can be tolerated and what should be curbed.

Otherwise soldier's suggestion of the rule 0 change would be a nice start, I guess, though it, yet again, lets things boil down to "better hope the mods currently online are into the same kinda RP you're into, boyo"
    Robert 'DangerZone' Hale and the incognito legion

FA-XXX-L5 (The D-Day Drone that never wants to be a Hivelord yet always winds up as one)

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    Senior Mods are very limited on events they can run you see Dorkkeli doing stuff as well.

Personally I advocated we turned everyone into game admins and all have equal powers and current admins would just get senior admin title.
    I also advocated Rule 0 be reworked into something like "Any staff member if they see a rule break, but there's no victim or it doesn't effect the round or roleplay can let it slide"
    Are you allowed to share what the admin responses were to you trying to push for these ideas? Because I can see both of them helping immensely with the completely nonsensical roleplay standards.

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just L View Post
    Are you allowed to share what the admin responses were to you trying to push for these ideas? Because I can see both of them helping immensely with the completely nonsensical roleplay standards.
    A significant majority of staff don't want that kind of change, though I would love it.