User Tag List

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: The myth of consensual RP, isn't there an admin you forgot to ask?

Whitelisted Synthetic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey I just gotta say this is why the CL exists. CL is supposed to create RP and sometimes admins will help. CL is player driven.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Minimike View Post
    Hey I just gotta say this is why the CL exists. CL is supposed to create RP and sometimes admins will help. CL is player driven.
    There isn't much to do between being labeled "LRP", or being BE'ed as CL. Send those faxes, pray for response and wash your hands.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd also like to see this change. It'd be really helpful for everyone, but most especially for new players; and they are often those who need the extra guidance the most.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Minimike View Post
    The only roleplay that the CL creates is uselessly faxing the admins to do something for them, or trying to make the CO refuse to use OB/CAS/Mortar fire on the colony.

Both of which suck ass. A regular PFC has more roleplay influence than the CL.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by just l View Post
    are you allowed to share what the admin responses were to you trying to push for these ideas? Because i can see both of them helping immensely with the completely nonsensical roleplay standards.
    "its too radical"

My proposal was

Staff applications would be more intense and the trial would be 1 month long with more intensive training.
    Once that was passed the person would basically be an admin, and senior admins would be grandfathered in.

I then proposed that senior admins would handle appeals/report a player and managers would be responsible for report a staff member.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    "its too radical"

My proposal was

Staff applications would be more intense and the trial would be 1 month long with more intensive training.
    Once that was passed the person would basically be an admin, and senior admins would be grandfathered in.

I then proposed that senior admins would handle appeals/report a player and managers would be responsible for report a staff member.
    Sounds more sensible than the current nonsense we have, especially when it would come to establishing actual standards for rules.

But yes, back to the main topic, why are the admins so against creating an actual example of what MRP is?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just L View Post
    Sounds more sensible than the current nonsense we have, especially when it would come to establishing actual standards for rules.

But yes, back to the main topic, why are the admins so against creating an actual example of what MRP is?
    Or, more importantly, where the line is that crosses you into the dangerous territory of LRP. I’d much rather have an example of “if you do this or worse, you are at risk of bwoink.”

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just L View Post

Probably because none of them can agree on what it actually is, which is why we see such radically different policing of RP among different admins

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They don't need to agree. They need to offer ideas and have the person ultimately in charge pick from those offerings and state a clear meaning and vision for enforcement. Done.

It's called leadership and decision making.

After that, whether they agreed or not, they unite behind the chosen meaning and examples and enforce them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Almayer has an MP presence, and they don't often have things to do. Instead of heavyhandedly disallowing LRP behavior OOCly because it "violates army code of conduct/ML", why not permit it OOCly with the caveat of IC consequences for any actions which violate said IC rules? If a marine played knife basketball IRL they wouldn't be smited by God, they'd be given an NJP. Obviously, this logic doesn't include reality-defying "RP" like a late 22nd century marine using early 21st century netspeak.
    I think this would improve the game for everyone: More meaningful work for MPs, a greater range of permitted RP for marines with logical consequences and less work for the admins who would probably rather spend their time ERPing in Achat than bwoinking people to CTRL V "No LRP."

As an addendum, real life isn't exactly devoid of examples of combat forces doing stupid shit when the frontline is inactive. One of my favorite parts of a book written by a navy SEAL sniper was when he was put into a comedic kangaroo court by members of his unit and had dicks drawn on him with permanent marker as a hazing ritual. Amongst many other pranks.
    Last edited by Alpacalypse; 04-06-2020 at 05:04 AM.