User Tag List

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: The myth of consensual RP, isn't there an admin you forgot to ask?

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fact that an admin went out of his way to stop marines from goofing around during a briefing in the basketball court by throwing a machete around and catching it is another example of admins overstepping the RP boundary, especially when admins so often do extremely dumb shit and then try to pass it off as an event.

Can we just get some actual standards in place as to what LRP/MRP are? Because the lack of standards is what is driving people away from roleplaying even a little bit on the server, as well as the devs focusing wholly on the TDM aspects of the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't even get why this is still a question. Both sides tryhard and treat the game as a team deathmatch. Legitimately nobody RPs except the CL and predators, and even those don't RP half the fucking time.
    Play to have fun, my guy.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnorse View Post
    I don't even get why this is still a question. Both sides tryhard and treat the game as a team deathmatch. Legitimately nobody RPs except the CL and predators, and even those don't RP half the fucking time.
    Play to have fun, my guy.
    eat sand i will
    Head Developer & Marine Law Maintainer

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rp is dead

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why Players do that.jpg

My old meme, hard to read colour, overall vocabulary mistakes, but still relevant as hell when you for example want to become a cyborg and somebody says you that no sane marine would ever want cybernetic limbs.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just L View Post
    The fact that an admin went out of his way to stop marines from goofing around during a briefing in the basketball court by throwing a machete around and catching it is another example of admins overstepping the RP boundary, especially when admins so often do extremely dumb shit and then try to pass it off as an event.

Can we just get some actual standards in place as to what LRP/MRP are? Because the lack of standards is what is driving people away from roleplaying even a little bit on the server, as well as the devs focusing wholly on the TDM aspects of the game.
    Oof, if you think this isnt lrp then wtf do you think is lrp? I am all for letting people fuck around and have fun but this is literally the definition of LRP. No one has ever been like hey guys it would be fun to throw machetes at each other.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I pushed emerald to redo the rules I wanted a LRP definition but she just kept it in roleplay standards.

Problem is no one can agree on what's reasonable.

Is for example Dreven wanting to RP as a crazy tribal warrior akin to Billy from Predator 1, yeah sure that's reasonable.

Would it be reasonable that antics with machetes, blood sacrifices, blood letting, etc... would be tolerated in the military. No, not so much
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    Oof, if you think this isnt lrp then wtf do you think is lrp? I am all for letting people fuck around and have fun but this is literally the definition of LRP. No one has ever been like hey guys it would be fun to throw machetes at each other.
    Define LRP for me.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just L View Post
    Define LRP for me.
    low roleplay is doing things that dont make sense. Doing things that a person wouldnt do (in this case a space marine). Medium roleplay is acting like a space marine. High roleplay would be like roleplaying out your characters entire existence and using the right motives for their actions and all sorts of crap. Medium is just acting like a space marine would actually act. Yall complicate things way too much.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    low roleplay is doing things that dont make sense. Doing things that a person wouldnt do (in this case a space marine). Medium roleplay is acting like a space marine. High roleplay would be like roleplaying out your characters entire existence and using the right motives for their actions and all sorts of crap. Medium is just acting like a space marine would actually act. Yall complicate things way too much.
    The only things that we have to base how our characters should act are 80s-era action/horror movies. I can see space marines doing something as stupid as throwing machetes and catching them. Just look at what goes on in stuff like Aliens, Predator, Starship Troopers, and so on.

That's a reasonable start for what MRP is at least.