Synthetic Whitelist Application
    Byond ID?
    Nwd72

Marine Name
    Vadim Dmitriev | Moira MacAuliffe

Other Whitelist Applications
    Name of the Synth Character you wish to play
    Burle

Are you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    Yes.

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.
    Ex: If you are treating a wounded marine, for example, and a hostile attacks - if you cannot escape with said marine, you may engage said hostile until they scare off from their wounds.

Another example would be if you are repairing tcomms, or power, and are attacked. If you cannot seek marine assistance, or escape, both being unlikely in said scenario, but possible, you may engage until the threat disengages, or you are able to retreat.

Synthetic Character Story
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    ^
    To reach the text limit, I am adding text.
    Enjoy the short story.

What is your Synth�s quirk and personality?
    Burle is intended to be a medieval butler-like synth, in the way he refers to others, and how he acts. He should come off as stiff, and 'too formal'.
    He derives great joy from serving others.

Of course, it will scale down with rank, that is the level of respect, reaching PVT and PFC, and referring to them as a equal, of sorts.

How familiar are you with Engineering?
    I am not the best in FOB designs - but I remember most of the basics off the top of my head.

I am familiar with most basics of engineering, alongside generator repairing, APC repairing, etc.

How familiar are you with Command?
    I'm a whitelisted CO.
    So, decently I think. I do enjoy playing Command every so often, after all.

How familiar are you with Medical?
    Very so.
    I remember all the surgeries off the top of my head, alongside the basic chemicals, Ex: Imi-Alky

How familiar are you with Requisitions?
    Familiar enough to manage.

I know the basics of it, and can listen to squads to prep supplies before they ask for them, *sometimes*.

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?
    I greatly enjoy backlines support roles, but only being able to do part of it is quite frustrating, especially when the other portion is being poorly handled, or completely ignored. Being a synthetic would solve this problem, as I can handle everything, unless otherwise ordered.

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?
    Nope.

Are you currently banned from our Discord, and if so, why?
    Nope.

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?
    I shall not fail at life. Purposely, at least!
    And - I do know that the story is not the best. I have never been good at writing both sides of a dialogue - I do better when having someone to go off of, which is what matters in proper RP scenarios, in my own opinion.

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember seeing you quite often as SL when I was just learning the ropes way back in 2018, I even remember you (understandably) shouting at me when I fucked something up once. I believe how long you've been playing on its own basically confirms you'll have experience in the support roles. And while I don't remember personally getting to RP one on one with you I do remember that you stood out quite a lot as SL. Most likely because you actually interacted and chatted with the people in your squad and so forth. I don't see why you'd play synth differently, so that's great.

As for the story, I feel its been quite a while since we last had a high quality and very short story like this. You nail getting the most important thing done in it, which is showcasing the quirk. You give us just enough dialogue we need to understand how your synth will speak. Which is in an uncannily formal manner that makes your synth actually seem like, well a synth instead of just Human 2.0. I feel like the medieval part of it is also an entertaining twist on it.

Your answers also seem just fine to me, there's one thing in the quirk question though. ''He derives great joy from serving others.'' Can ya tell us what might be wrong with this sentence?
    Max Judge, the 45 year old slightly fat man with an unfitting action hero name.

Fred, the worrisome synth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hrm hrm, +1.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 4000daniel1 View Post
    I remember seeing you quite often as SL when I was just learning the ropes way back in 2018, I even remember you (understandably) shouting at me when I fucked something up once. I believe how long you've been playing on its own basically confirms you'll have experience in the support roles. And while I don't remember personally getting to RP one on one with you I do remember that you stood out quite a lot as SL. Most likely because you actually interacted and chatted with the people in your squad and so forth. I don't see why you'd play synth differently, so that's great.

As for the story, I feel its been quite a while since we last had a high quality and very short story like this. You nail getting the most important thing done in it, which is showcasing the quirk. You give us just enough dialogue we need to understand how your synth will speak. Which is in an uncannily formal manner that makes your synth actually seem like, well a synth instead of just Human 2.0. I feel like the medieval part of it is also an entertaining twist on it.

Your answers also seem just fine to me, there's one thing in the quirk question though. ''He derives great joy from serving others.'' Can ya tell us what might be wrong with this sentence?
    Synths simply do not have emotion. The 'emotions' they show are surface level, and programmed in. They do not show any deep emotion.
    Edit: Sorry for the late reply, I just woke up!
    Edit 2: To add onto that, it was meant he shows surface levels of joy serving others, instead of working on something on his lonesome.
    Last edited by Nwd72; 03-28-2020 at 12:14 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nwd72 View Post
    Synths simply do not have emotion. The 'emotions' they show are surface level, and programmed in. They do not show any deep emotion.
    Edit: Sorry for the late reply, I just woke up!
    Edit 2: To add onto that, it was meant he shows surface levels of joy serving others, instead of working on something on his lonesome.
    Yep.

1+ I don't see any reason to deny this one.
    Max Judge, the 45 year old slightly fat man with an unfitting action hero name.

Fred, the worrisome synth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you!

Synthetic Council Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your story does what it's supposed to do; showcase your quirk.

I do not have many doubts about your competency in the support departments, especially Command since you are a a WL'd CO.

However I have a question, what will you do when marines, or command, complain to you to stop talking?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by optimisticdude View Post
    Your story does what it's supposed to do; showcase your quirk.

I do not have many doubts about your competency in the support departments, especially Command since you are a a WL'd CO.

However I have a question, what will you do when marines, or command, complain to you to stop talking?
    If they wish for me to change my style of speech when with them, I will adjust it to the best of my ability - as a synth is not supposed to be annoying, or the such. It could change from this overly formal one, to a simple monotone, 'synth-like', voice.

Synthetic Council Member Jakkkk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "He derives great joy from serving others."

Does he actually feel joy?
    Synthetic Senator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakkkk View Post
    "He derives great joy from serving others."

Does he actually feel joy?
    As I replied in the other comment - it was a misthought while I was tired - I meant to imply he derives SURFACE LEVEL joy from serving others. Which, surface level being, the only emotions synths can feel. They cannot feel any deep emotions, which would affect them.

Edit 1: Well, they are programmed in, but you get my point. They are just surface level, don't affect the synth, and all that.