Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Structure Test Feedback

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Structure Test Feedback

Basically a thread to give feedback on the structures.

So my feedback...

First for alien side, really let the ball drop for us hardcore. Their been endless complaints we need documentation on everything and you have not helped us there. Please for all that is good and decent document the xeno structure changes and how it works so aliens dont collapse due to lack of spawning pool and queen having to focus on said lack of pool causing less attention to commanding.

Two, the free defcon, dear god. You basically are giving marines free nukes right now. Now you might say ' well fighting for parts of map are fun and good and blah blah' . No one fights for parts of the map because the nodes give so much for one and two for aliens there only so much demand for gas so they will not even bother to fight for it. Other issue is marines I highly doubt have the manpower to even control all the various nodes there a reason they death ball.

I think the nodes should be gotten rid of and instead make it marines have so much solid plasma that they have to process on the ship to phoron gas to be used planetside in the generators. Initally there be only one processer but could make more though it requires the MTs-CE to build them. The solid plasma can be gotten from the planet laying around or bought from cargo.
    For aliens they get their gas with time from the main hive node. Intially it be something like 10 gas a minute or maybe 1 not sure on balance for it, but intially it starts at 10% capacity and you sac a corpse to get to 40% and then every corpse gives 20% till maxing at 100%, or 5 corpses to get 100 gas a minute. If dead aliens are brought to it it gives gas with larva being 50, tier 1 100, tier 2 250, tier 3 500, queen 1000

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigeon View Post

Initally there be only one processer but could make more though it requires the MTs-CE to build them.
    Now, you don't seem to understand what the new changes have made the MT's(now OT's) and Ce to be. They have become glorified Bomb makers, now most of the player base didn't notice it cause of the current curve of the OT's mechanics being a 0 to 100 in 1 round or a 0 to 30-20 in 1 round. I was a CE in the long test that happened a day ago and I goto say the new bombs are fucking amazing but that aside. Current traffic on OT's cottage in the hangar is low. I had only 2 times where I had to make about 6 to 8 claymores and about 3 grenades.

Since OT's are going to be used much more common when the player base notices their incoherent godlike bombs and when that happens their traffic will rise drastically leaving the entire engineering department mostly empty. that why in the dev-test the engines malfunction was disabled (They are gonna add more complexity to it, fuck)

After all that, I believe adding more work to the CE and OT with the impending doom of the engine's becoming a minigame ripped of from keep talking and nobody explodes
    I find that a bit too much shit put onto the engineering department and it should be left alone.

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All I want is for there to be less sentries and for flamer sentry to be removed. It makes no sense having a defense structure that kills marines more than xenos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve only been on the marine side of it so far, so I’ll discuss what I’ve noticed on that side of things.

The nodes are... new. People are still kinda trying to figure them out. I think that the issue is not that people don’t want the nodes. There’s a huge incentive for mining the phoron & being able to power a crazy amount of sentry guns. The issue is just that no one is in the habit of building defenses around, or manning the phoron sites. No one is used to it... yet, at any rate. In each round I played, about halfway through the round, when a Xeno would inevitably come in and bust all the collectors, the marines would finally realize how important those nodes are, and suddenly there’s a mini FOB built around it, with 2 sentries pointing in each of the 4 cardinal directions, essentially making them unassailable except by a large Xeno force.

So, my thoughts on the nodes:
    I think that these nodes would be more interesting if they were randomly distributed throughout the map. Leaving them all bunched up in one spot like I’ve seen just encourages mini FOBs, that are eventually unmanned, but still nigh on impossible for the xenos to attack unless it’s in huge numbers. If they were spread out, it means that marines would actually have to patrol to make sure the xenos weren’t destroying all their hard work. From the number of turrets I saw deployed, I think the marines would still be able to put one or two at each node, which would be sufficient to drive off a solo T1 or T2, but not a T3, and could be overwhelmed with only a small group of T1-T2s. This would allow harassment attacks by xenos to be decently effective, depending on how dedicated to defense the marines are.

The flags: Indispensable. The bonuses for being in range of these is incredible. They can as a decent force multiplier for a small marine team. Xenos will prolly see this as “OP, plz nerf.”

Barricade upgrades: I didn’t get to see any get attacked firsthand, so I can’t really describe much. While I got to see several examples in passing, the places I ended up stationed had just the original types. They do look nifty, and everyone else seemed to sing their praises though.

DEFCON: Every round is now a nuke round apparently. But... I think that’s fine. Prior to the update, the playstyle was usually Xenos attack, then if that attack fails, it’s chokepoint torture for the marines until their numbers are widdled down enough for the Xenos to attack again. This resulted in insanely long rounds. DEFCON definitely comes sooner. But in the rounds I was in, that was still past the 2 hour mark. That doesn’t seem unreasonable. Especially one of them, the xenos were at 40+ and were still resorting to chokepoint torture. The auto nuke acts like a “ok, round is going too long, marines pull back & xenos do your worst.”

I got blown up by some of the misfired or misplanted new bombs... no opinion on them until I get to use them in real action.

Is it perfect? No. But I think there’s some nice potential in this new setup. The devs prolly just need to make some tweaks here & there.
    Last edited by Moosetasm; 03-27-2020 at 01:07 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention the bombs.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nodes are bad. Beno plasma fart gas is boring. Plasma farts make the game focused more on defence. Marines basically now build small outposts where little purple buttholes are and they defend it well enough, because benos are busy fighting marines who rush anyway. Last LV round before update was disabled showed it perfectly.
    Group of plasma fart gas ainis were placed few tiles south-east from T-fort. Fog went down, marines rushed, benos retreated to caves as usuall. Marines caded each and every ainis, while rest pushed. Benos did what benos always do so they tried to ABC in caves, but time didn't worked in their favour. Marines got nuke and they won, however bald Queen that didn't even knew where Cargo is on LV helped a lot in that.

Whole structure update made marines more beefier on defense. All despite flaming sentry that should definately use fast burning green flame for it to be fair with benos and they also need extinguisher that aims at marines in sentry range, because fucking sentry can fry you so much and so fast that you will complain that hell is too cold for your taste when you have around 500 dmg on the body even after medic used more than a stack of advanced burn kit on all of your limbs.

Tiberium is the answer. Little green crystals that are scattered around the map in small boundles. Kinda like Intel, but maybe instead of IO's, Harvesters (AI, or not. I would be gladly maining a role whose purpose is to drive 2x2 Harvester with mounted some basic weapons allowing it to defend itself against runner, or two alone) would go around collecting this shit.
    Thanks to that, marines can't simply cade source of life giving farts to get the nuke. Harrasers could finally do something, just like in C&C where early bike rush is a viable strategy to shoot down harvesters and cripple economy.

Its also funny that CM is supposed to be asymmetrical yet benos also have to put milk pumps on fart ainis to get their shit. On LV for example, marines can simply OB T-fort area where they have their own extractors and then immediately push containers, leaving engineers to cade fart ainis up.
    Last edited by CABAL; 03-27-2020 at 01:58 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I absolutely do not like this update at all.

It amplifies the -worst- aspect of CM, which is FOB sieges.
    Too many sentries
    Invalidates any sort of combat outside of the main fight.
    Encourages non-action to receive a nuke.
    The xeno 'nuke' is hilariously weak in comparison.
    Adds unnecessary amounts of lag to an already laggy game.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The best part of CM is the FOB sieges! Constant combat, ebb and flow on flanks, constantly having to repair and improve on defenses, seeing how well the defenses you built work, etc.

Few things are as exhilarating as holding a desperate last stand while you're waiting for the nuke to go off. Much better than running around in some cave somewhere.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by juliansl View Post
    The best part of CM is the FOB sieges! Constant combat, ebb and flow on flanks, constantly having to repair and improve on defenses, seeing how well the defenses you built work, etc.

Few things are as exhilarating as holding a desperate last stand while you're waiting for the nuke to go off. Much better than running around in some cave somewhere.
    I can't tell if this is sarcasm or you're just a Bravo main.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobatnight View Post
    I can't tell if this is sarcasm or you're just a Bravo main.
    Bravo main.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Running around in caves dying to boiler gas spam isn't fun, and FOB sieges can be fun if the xenos are trying to hit you from multiple angles.
    The main issue I see with this update is that while all the stuff included in it is cool, it doesn't solve the base issues of the game, such as marine weapons besides the shotgun being a joke, and capturing as a whole being flawed.

I like the flags, I like the objective-based gameplay, I like the new defenses from what I have seen.

Also how the fuck do you even build an extractor on the plasma nodes? I only got to do one round where I could build things and I couldn't figure it out.