User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Structure Test Feedback

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just L View Post
    Running around in caves dying to boiler gas spam isn't fun, and FOB sieges can be fun if the xenos are trying to hit you from multiple angles.
    The main issue I see with this update is that while all the stuff included in it is cool, it doesn't solve the base issues of the game, such as marine weapons besides the shotgun being a joke, and capturing as a whole being flawed.

I like the flags, I like the objective-based gameplay, I like the new defenses from what I have seen.

Also how the fuck do you even build an extractor on the plasma nodes? I only got to do one round where I could build things and I couldn't figure it out.
    You build them next to the nodes, not on them. I think. I was watching a Synth set them up on LV, and none they placed were directly on the nodes.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't forget aliens dont really hit thier stride until about the 3hr mark. On the ice round aliens were slowly making headway against the excav force but we kept losing boilers so we had to keep waiting 30 minutes for a fresh boiler to appear. If you want two hour nuke you got to make the alien evo and maturation stupidly fast so that they can actually be prepared to siege FOB rather then still waiting for key tier 3s. Really it was sad that ice round becuase aliens were trying really hard to breach those cade lines and given an other 30min or so we might have. Also the new sentries and all are just pure pain to breach. I think the boiler acid slowly damages sentries so literally aliens need boilers to do any damage to a FOB or they lose, this isn't even like dealing with ABC in LV caves it like dealing with PERFECT ABC in LV caves that never ends and cant be naded or anything just pure hell.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigeon View Post
    Don't forget aliens dont really hit thier stride until about the 3hr mark. On the ice round aliens were slowly making headway against the excav force but we kept losing boilers so we had to keep waiting 30 minutes for a fresh boiler to appear. If you want two hour nuke you got to make the alien evo and maturation stupidly fast so that they can actually be prepared to siege FOB rather then still waiting for key tier 3s. Really it was sad that ice round becuase aliens were trying really hard to breach those cade lines and given an other 30min or so we might have. Also the new sentries and all are just pure pain to breach. I think the boiler acid slowly damages sentries so literally aliens need boilers to do any damage to a FOB or they lose, this isn't even like dealing with ABC in LV caves it like dealing with PERFECT ABC in LV caves that never ends and cant be naded or anything just pure hell.
    It's almost as if boilers are supposed to be used for sieging bases instead of spamming neuro gas at 2 tile wide choke points.

Xenos SHOULD have to play offensively, they have much better tools for it than marines.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's almost like insta silent fatties can obliterate xenos every siege

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobatnight View Post
    There's no such thing as a silent fatty, and if you ignore a red laze as xeno you are asking to get blasted with a fatty.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If we ignore the red laze on the otherside of a view obstructing wall/object we deserve to be fattied.

You have to acknowledge that this is not an enjoyable aspect of the gameplay for Xeno. I believe MOBA xeno will solve a lot of issues with the grievances of Marines but we're getting the shit end of the stick here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought I remembered hearing something about how xenos were able to upgrade the "roof" of certain areas with their structures? Do you know anything more about this?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corocan View Post
    I thought I remembered hearing something about how xenos were able to upgrade the "roof" of certain areas with their structures? Do you know anything more about this?
    Currently you can offset into these areas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    more shit on the map = more stuff to process = more lag

lets not

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If we ignore the red laze on the otherside of a view obstructing wall/object we deserve to be fattied.

You have to acknowledge that this is not an enjoyable aspect of the gameplay for Xeno. I believe MOBA xeno will solve a lot of issues with the grievances of Marines but we're getting the shit end of the stick here.
    If you ignore the boiler 20 tiles away that you can't see, you deserve to get hit with neuro gas and die/be capped immediately.

We can do this all day, it's pointless and doesn't accomplish anything.

The new structures are good, making more areas of the map able to be hit with fire support is good, and it gives xenos something they have to actually defend instead of just find the nearest 2 tile wide chokepoint and hide there.
    It will be especially good if they make it so that you can fire on caves, removing chokepoint boilers forever.