User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Structure Test Feedback

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    XSS and marines structures are terrible in every test round I've been a part of so far on both Xeno and Marine sides.

It reinforces even more defensive gameplay from both sides and even more long played out sieges to occur, which is slow and boring as hell. Defensive game play at such a large scale offers nothing interesting in terms of gameplay when both sides are just sitting behind their respective barricades/resin walls waiting to see which side fucks up first by getting bored pushing out. Turrets will be spammed due to the low cost and ability for any engineer to place them easily. Every single test round has been a slideshow due to the lag caused by said turret spam among the other various issues that occur during testing, both lowpop and otherwise. Flame turrets cause more FF than damage to Xenos. The Ordinance changes to MT are a step in the right direction from what I've seen externally, but haven't had the luck of rolling it myself as of yet because everyone dogpiles it on High every time a test is announced.

The core formula of CM is a good and fun thing. It works for the most part. Turning it upside it's head with such a drastic change in game play and all heaped into a single massive update isn't necessary. There are existing mechanics that could be improved or worked on piece by piece to still keep things fresh and new so we're not doing the same stale meta strategies over and over again, which will just become even worse and mind numbingly boring if/when this update has it's issues corrected and is merged into the official branch. You thought ABC was bad? XSS will replace it times a hundred.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    >marine runs up
    >constructs turret in 1 second
    >bluefire instakills me from basically full health
    (later I saw it instakill other shit and it can fire basically 6 times per second?..)

Mates this was not thought through and it is not working right now, also it is still really laggy even after improvements.

edit: Also Xeno building starts by restricted to queen and admins basically never PM the queen what to do so the round is usually over by the time a spawning pools gets made.
    Last edited by lurkermain; 04-03-2020 at 07:26 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this update is AIDS and whoever decided it was a good idea should be caned

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lurkermain View Post
    >marine runs up
    >constructs turret in 1 second
    >bluefire instakills me from basically full health
    (later I saw it instakill other shit and it can fire basically 6 times per second?..)

Mates this was not thought through and it is not working right now, also it is still really laggy even after improvements.

edit: Also Xeno building starts by restricted to queen and admins basically never PM the queen what to do so the round is usually over by the time a spawning pools gets made.
    Flame turrets are apparently bugged and the projectile shoots like 5 times at once, which is why it hits so hard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just L View Post
    Flame turrets are apparently bugged and the projectile shoots like 5 times at once, which is why it hits so hard.
    Yeah, on CORSAT I saw someone go from full health to over 300 burn damage in an instant. Well, it was over 300 after we applied burn packs to every part of their body, so it was probably well over 400. But yeah, those turrets... they need to either make them fire once, or divide the damage they do by 5. The marine in question was shot because they momentarily took their tags off to pay for a burrito, I think.