User Tag List

Thread: Left Behind- The story of the Soldiers left behind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Left Behind- The story of the Soldiers left behind.

Inspired by the events of a relatively recent round of CM.

'The FOB broke before the Bar did.'

An assortment of marines have been left stranded and alone at a fortified position at the Bar on Solaris Ridge. The FOB fell fast, before the marines could respond. Everyone at LZ1 was slaughtered, the Alamo has been caught on the ground, without a Marine force to defend her the Almeyer falls quickly, but not before the ship leaves orbit, with almost the entire hive aboard. The Men and women left behind survey their surroundings, their future hanging in the balance...

I've decided to put my talent for creative writing to the test. Thanks to the COVID-19 lock-down I now have nigh unlimited time to work on this new web novel project. I could use some character suggestions, if your interested post a short bio with a bit of backstory that I can work with. Of course My own Marine, Corporal Anders "Bugspray" Thomasen, will be a central character to the plot.

I hope to post the first chapter soon, once I've got my characters and know what I want to do with them.

This should be an interesting scenario that I am keen to explore, what happened to those...
    Left Behind

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck! Always good to see some writers of fiction sharpening their skills.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope to be able to post the first chapter this weekend, stay tuned folks.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice. Best of luck, mate! I will stay sharp for the chapter.
    I play as Viktor 'Beer' Kleiner, Matthaus and as Var'dqi Bo'ytill

LT COL. VIKTOR KLEINER, USS LOWË'S COMMANDING OFFICER

PROVISIONAL COMMAND OVER THE USS ALMAYER

Ex-CO Councillor. If you have any questions regarding the whitelist, feel free to DM me.
    Discord is Axyinious#3635

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor Kleiner View Post
    Nice. Best of luck, mate! I will stay sharp for the chapter.
    Sounds interesting. Looking forward to it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In order to keep you interested while I fail to meet my own deadlines, here is the prologue. Enjoy

Prologue
    A call in the dark

Flashing red lights, pounding of feet on metal, screams of terror and pain. She ran like the devil in a mad dash to reach the communications dish. Left and right black creatures stole away her friends and colleagues. Man, woman, child, black or white, it didn’t matter. The sounds of gunfire permeated the halls, she didn’t have long before they broke through the barricade where the Marshal and some of his deputies were making their last stand. Just a few more metres, just a few more metres, desperate thoughts filled her mind. She slipped and fell, her head slamming onto the metal surface. Pain, intense, searing pain. She rose to her feet and shuffled forward. Finally in her rapidly degrading sight was the communications control room. She slammed her ID card on the scanner, a light flicked green and the door slid open. She stumbled through and pressed the emergency lock button. The doors slid shut, the emergency bolts activated, and a metal shutter covered the reinforced glass. Breathing a sigh of relief she collapsed onto the floor. For a minute she allowed herself to rest. Eventually she pulled herself pulled herself together and stood up. She clambered to the desk and placed her ID card in the slot, the machine read her card and the computer screen flickered to life. “WELCOME DR HENDERSON P.H.D”. She navigated past the welcome screen and selected ‘EMERGENCY CHANNEL’. A warning popped up on her screen ‘WARNING, USING THE EMERGENCY CHANNEL IN ANY SITUATION OTHER THAN AN EMERGENCY MAY RESULT IN YOUR EMPLOYMENT BEING TERMINATED AND/OR PROSECUTION, DO YOU WISH TO PROCEDD? Y/N’. she selected ‘Y’ and punched the ENTER key. She then selected ‘SEND DISTRESS SIGNAL’. A query requesting authorisation popped onto the screen, she typed in the code the Marshal gave her. ‘AUTHORISATION APPROVED’, ‘PLEASE UPLOAD PRE-RECORDED MESSAGE OR RECORD NEW MESSEAGE’. She placed a magnetic tape in the slot. ‘UPLOADING’ a progress bar replaced all other icons on the screen, ‘5%’, ‘7%’,’9%’. She anxiously waited for the message to be uploaded. Then a loud thud, and another one, coming from the door. She turned around and drew a pistol from her satchel, a spearhead revolver, she spun the cylinder and aimed at the doorway. The thuds continued, the door began to buckle. Then it stopped. She lowered the revolver, breathing heavily and wiping sweat from her brow. The computer beeped ‘UPLOAD COMPLETE, SEND MESSAGE Y/N’ she moved to the keyboard and pressed the ‘Y’ key. The communications relay dish began to move, facing skyward. The computer beeped ‘DISH ALLIGNING’ before ‘MESSAGE SENDING, MESSAGE WILL REPEAT EVERY THREE HOURS’. Her mission complete, help was coming, it had to. She turned around and faced the door, why is steam coming off the door? What is that sizzling sound? Then the door seemed to melt away before her. Her eyes wide and mouth gaping open, she raised her revolver and fired into the inky black. BANG, BANG, BANG

Though she would not live to see it, her call in the dark would have deadly consequences for the Middle Heavens…

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry I'm taking so long with Chapter One, been really busy recently but as things start to return to normal I'm getting more and more time to work on Left Behind. I'll get it done when I get it done.