Date of Incident
    March 29, 2020
    Your Character Name?
    Amy 'FOX' Sellner
    Their BYOND Key
    Yayyay007
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    I feel, abuse of power, and passive aggressive threats made by the staff member
    Description of the incident
    It all started with a me' scratches crotch....after seeing it was a trial moderator i then had to explain the rules and sent a copy paste of the rule from the wiki page that clearly says i wasn't breaking any rules...he then got offended and decided to make threats of doing what he wanted (in his words) then demanded i stop talking and telling him what the rules are. after simply saying "ok trial moderator" i assume he was offended and decided to ban me....I have taken screen shots of the whole conversation. I feel this was a huge abuse of power..i understand maybe he has never had such a responsibility, and i think could use a bit more training. I don't even think he should loose his status, but a think he has a lot more to learn before taking on a leadership role on here or anywhere in fact. Now because of this i wonder if this staff member will have a vendetta about this, me, and I'm genuinely afraid of the future game time, I will experience with this staff member online. I would also request if I may...to have his ban and "note" wiped clean off my record as i have been trying really hard to show a better record so i may apply for staff at some point.
    Evidence
    I don't know how to upload the screen shots here...I got 11 of them that clearly shows i wasn't being overly disrespectful but in fact was trying to help the trial moderator have a understanding of how i didn't break any rules. If i could maybe get a little guidance on how to upload the screen shots I am more then happy to show.
    How you would punish the accused
    I think his "privilege" needs to be put in check by a more senor staff member, and as a trial moderator i think he needs a better understand of the basic wiki rules before having the ability to pass judgment and give punishments...someone given a little power and acting like this should be a red flag.

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Posting as a witness, I'm the one who suggested to Yayyay to give you a 3 hour because of your appalling attitude when being PMed. The incident description you've written here only further reinforces my belief that I was justified in this and I fully stand by my decision.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im unsure how it was "appalling"...i didn't cuss, i didn't name call, i wasn't even angry. because i copied and pasted the rule he claims i was breaking of 18+ word for word on wiki that clearly states its ok to rp scratching crotch, and because i used his actual title with "ok trial moderator"? if anything this might show its YOUR vendetta against me from our minor but respectful interactions in the past. I am fully aware of your distaste for me and it shows.

Whitelisted Synthetic
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

While regretful that you've chosen to report the following situation, I am going to respect you, and allow logs to be submitted before I reply. So, whenever that happens, I'll make an orderly reply, and explain myself in detail on how and why I chose to do it in this manner. So for now, please don't take my silence as neglect, I just want to give you a fair chance since this is a Staff Report,

Thanks.

Manager Emeritus & System Administrator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Logs:
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    TrialModerator from 12/15/2018 to 12/29/2018
    Moderator from 12/29/2018 to 6/29/2019
    TrialAdmin from 6/29/2019 to 7/29/2019
    Admin from 7/29/2019 to 6/17/2021
    Manager from 6/17/2021 to ???
    ManagerEmeritus from ??? to ???

Whitelisted Synthetic
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright. Before I start--I want to preface some things.

One, the note for you scratching your crotch, w/e, will be removed. After some reflection, some diving in clarification, I'm going to say that although the action was distasteful, and I did overstep a bit in the efforts to make sure that minors in the community felt safe. That was literally my intention. We have kids, sometimes teenagers, but w/e. We're a community of adults and kids. I personally don't like exposing anyone below 18 to things involving crassness; and that got the better of me. I'll apologize sincerely on that behalf, that was an overstep.

However.

Two, your attitude was not acceptable, and I will go into detail why it wasn't, and why that was the real purpose behind me giving you a three hour ban.

Three, I'm not perfect. I try to maintain a balance between being aggressive, being neutral, and being fair. We're told to balance firm vs. fair as to judge better on situations. I had to be more firm because of your constant backtalking towards me during this situation.

2020/03/29: [05:10:38]ADMIN: PM: Fox Tail USN/(Amy 'Fox' Sellner)->Yayyay007/(Koki 'Koi' Mamoru): yeah im awear of 18+ rules im 100% sure i been playing this longer then you...but let me dubble check and find where it says that it is in fact allowed and i will copy and paste it for you chief

2020/03/29: [05:13:06]ADMIN: PM: Fox Tail USN/(Amy 'Fox' Sellner)->Yayyay007/(Koki 'Koi' Mamoru): just to win this ill stop talking to you after this....copy and pasted from official wiki rules page....No sexual act or genetalia should ever be given explicit description. If a sexual act must be referenced, there should never be a description of how particular body parts made contact or interacted in any way, nor should any particular act be named. Distasteful but non-sexual bravado do not apply to this. A marine scratching their nuts, for example, is fine.

2020/03/29: [05:15:56]OOC: (LOCAL) Amy 'Fox' Sellner/Fox Tail USN : Jeser...any chance i can speak to you directly about an issue im having with one of the staff? i think it needs corrected

First one.
    I don't care whether or not you're a veteran of the community, or a new player to it. The rules apply the same to everyone regardless of time. Besides that point--you do not rule lawyer administrators, moderators, managers, regardless of whether they're right or not. I'm told to be firm on people for this because it both undermines me as a volunteer, and makes my job harder because this stuff isn't really the most pleasing to deal with. I overstepped boundaries, yes. However, you could've relaxed, spoken to me calmly, maybe have even gone up to my manager, Scsnv and I would've gotten a gentle slap for what was a clear mistake.

Two. Let me really speak my mind here. I'm a completely neutral moderator. I purposefully get myself in a really neutral head of mind so I don't give anyone favours. I might like specific players more than others--but I'm professional enough to ignore implicit bias. But for you to say that I'm 'offended', and that I have a possible 'vendetta', is just really, really inconsiderate. I don't dislike you, nor anyone else that I ban. It's all just part of the job of being a volunteer moderator. There's nothing personal about it.

Three. Attitude. The reason why your attitude was 'appalling' is because text does not carry emotion with it. We expect a certain level of responses from the player base, and if they respond incorrectly, I'm not 100% going to know if you're either being smug about it, or if you quite literally were trying to be the best you could be about it.

However, expanding on three. No matter what happens in PMs, you don't go to LOOC, and especially ask for a Developer of all people? Jeser's not even relevant to dishing out punishments. This is admin-shopping. And regardless of that, if a Moderator wanted to step in and take over for me, that's what they do. None stepped in, because they trusted me in handling this. And I did handle it. Incorrectly at the start? Yes. But at your attitude? I did what we do when we apply firm behaviour against the playerbase.

Now, with those points aside, I'm going to talk about your incident description, and a few things I find unfair of you to assume, just to clear this up some more.

after simply saying "ok trial moderator" i assume he was offended and decided to ban me
    This appeared smug. I was at any chance just willing to stop if you had just agreed, then talked to a Manager/Senior Mod, whatever. I could've been the one in the dead wrong here. You yourself chose these actions, and I really, really didn't want to ban you over it. I gave you multiple warnings to cut down on the attitude you were giving me for this, and you carried on. It's just my function to not take that from people. I'm a volunteer, not an omnipotent, ban-dishing robot.

and I'm genuinely afraid of the future game time, I will experience with this staff member online.
    What? How will I at all make you feel unsafe? I'm there to moderate. If you are in the right of the rules, I will never have to talk to you. I ban people maybe daily--but the best days are when I go days without bans, just minor notes inbetween. Do I watch these players over? Only the ones that do horrible things like griefing? This? I could care less, I was just doing what I thought was in the interest of the server, not like I was going to stalk you the rest of the ground for every itty bitty thing. We have a protocol not to nitpick like that.

I would also request if I may...to have his ban and "note" wiped clean off my record
    This is fair, in only one regard. The "18+" action. I will remove that myself, but the ban for arguing with a staff member will not be removed unless given at the end of this report's conclusion. No matter the reason, you shouldn't argue with us. You can be upset, but the moment you start rule-lawyering, admin-shopping, et cetera, it's bad. And you know what? I've dealt with players who KNOW they're in the right, but did not disagree with me. And you know what I do? I apologize to them personally in DMs. Because I'm in the wrong. But when you give me no choice and become all fussy over what I did wrong, what am I supposed to do but feel really disrespected? I try not to take the job personally--and I don't half the time, but the time when people trash staff in PMs there's no given respect that we share anymore, and it can lead up to bans just for the sheer attitude. I will admit that I was a bit of an ass, but I'm always still getting used to firm vs. fair. It's a process of learning that only gets better with practice.

i understand maybe he has never had such a responsibility
    It's best to not assume what I've had and not had. I used to be an administrator for other places. Do they matter in this situation? Maybe. But I can handle the responsibility of all of this, and take it completely. So if I actually abuse my powers, if I actually overstep, I know how to reflect on myself, know that I fucked up, and know how to do better on things like that. But please don't assume that I'm not prepared for these responsibilities. I don't assume the same of you; I think you could be completely capable for anything at an unbiased stance.

In conclusion, I'm willing outside of the decision of this report to re-edit your note to only include the part about your arguing with a staff member. The emote no longer means anything to me, aside from teaching me to respect what is/what isn't 18+ content. However, unless decided on, I'm still going to keep the three hour for when you decided to really argue against me, rule-lawyer, and even try to admin-shop a developer.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While you are correct that scratching your crotch is OK, being snarky and disrespectful with a member of staff isn't. If you disagreed with their decision, all you had to do was listen to them, and either file a staff report, or literally just DM me if all you need is clarification. You didn't have to eat the ban for talking back to them, only to come here and report it with the same argument. You might as well have listened to the mod, saved yourself the trouble of being banned, and then filed the same report you made here if you believed they were wrong. But instead you decided to get snarky and argumentative, so you got banned.

I'm going to adjust the note to reflect the fact that you hadn't done anything 18+, but the ban stays for the argumentative behavior.
    Trial Moderator: 4/18/19 - 5/2/19 / Moderator: 5/3/19 - 10/1/19 / Senior Moderator: 10/2/19 - 12/26/19 / Trial Admin: 12/27/19 - 1/11/20 / Mod Manager: 1/12/20 - 4/18/20

Cerwick/Balakura/etc
    Discord: noah#7322

Former staff member and long-time CO Council member, now I just wave my boomer cane at people when I want something to complain about.