Your Character Name?
    DE-somethingsomething-E9
    Their BYOND Key
    Frozentsbgg
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    6:20 PM IDT
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    Preserve the RP and enjoyment of the server

- Do not try to heavily influence the game unless it is for very good reasoning such as for an event, a player purposefully holding up the game, dishing out punishment for rule breaking (Examples: a commander killed a marine unjustly, a squad of marines are killing other marines for no reason, a queen is slashing every host known to man, aliens have stacked too many huggers) or other such things.
    Description of the incident
    Ice round lasting almost two hours, xenos turtled in ice underground and marines turtled in ice surface leading to a stalemate, apparently at defcon 2 right before admin-spawned nuke.

Stalemates with no fighting at all are not exactly common, but they happen and end up with one side being told to go fight most of the times, which obviously didn't happen here.

Xenos were not aware of the nuke at all untill the message that comes with arming the nuke planetside, leading to a mass, panicked and disorganized push into a nearly unscathed marine force and all of the resources they could get with their earned defcon points.

As Frozentsbgg said in discord, they've given the marines a nuke to break the stalemate, which it did, but in a really, REALLY poor way - marines and xenos only got 3-2 minutes of full fighting before the xenos dying to marine spec, numbers, defenses, and JTAC.

I was in several rounds where nudges were given for sides to fight, but it never was because of the nuke being spawned in by admins, and the fights were definately much longer and better.

I unfortunately do not have any screenshots from ingame since I did believe ingame that somehow the marines managed to get defcon 1 without ever setting foot underground. I only have messages from discord where I found out it was an admin-spawned nuke.
    EvidenceHow you would punish the accused
    I was upset enough about this to write a staff report, but I do not believe a severe punishment is nessecary as the round was indeed a boring stalemate without much fighting apart from a few skrimishes on the surface.

I just think that the "nudge" was out of proportion and poorly handled.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Overlord is currently sick right now. So I'll be handling this one.

Was it maybe a bit excessive to move defcon down to nuke levels? Maybe a bit. Was it maybe a little early for said nuke too? Just a tad.
    If there was a round where two hours had passed before marines even tried to step foot underground, and presumably xenos were not leaving the underground to fight in force would I do something serious and excessive to end the round? Yes.

Resolved. No action taken.