User Tag List

View Poll Results: How would you rather be executed in brig?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Firing Squad

66 74.16%
  • Lethal Injection

23 25.84%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: [POLL] BRIG EXECUTIONS? If you had the choice of how...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadPirateFury View Post
    The USCM is not the Imperial Guard. I wish people stopped acting like it when it came to executions just because it's funny. The opportunity for drama is lost when every execution is a joke to all who are involved.

Not all CO's buy into this meme, but some still do, and it's annoying because there's no room for roleplay when it's like "Haha shoot the traitor throw them into the furnace." Like even when people's family members do something dishonorable and die over it they often want the body and want to remember them for all of the good times. There's probably even fucking rules for this in a fictional made up commander handbook, I can't imagine why there wouldn't be. People don't think of the context because the server is always going to be leaning towards the light RP side of things. It's disappointing because I think more is lost than gained. You had a laugh and enjoyed yourselves, but there could have been something a little darker and deeper, you could have thought a little bit and felt something different entirely.

I guess it just conflicts with what I believe CM could be, versus what it's always going to be. It's a videogame, not a roleplaying and storytelling platform like it teases. Maybe the issue is on me then, but damn if it's not still frustrating.
    There was a thread on the old forums about whether the falling falcons were a penal battalion or not, which provides different light for this thread. Although there are likely volunteers, it makes sense for most of the standard marines. So the executions kind of make sense in that context. Just my two cents
    Goosen Dagen-casual marine

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://cm-ss13.com/old/viewtopic.php?f=135&t=19576

With link if you are interested
    Goosen Dagen-casual marine