User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Colonial Marines Stellaris Game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Colonial Marines Stellaris Game

EDIT: Starmute went ahead and was more productive than me and made a server. Just use the invite link to his server where we're doin shit. Gotta have discord.

https://discord.gg/erE4VPd

All this is moot now, shoo.

Anyone interested in playing a game some time? AI has gotten really boring as of late for me, so I'm trying to find human players.

We can hash out what mods and DLC when we have a set group of players.

Edit: Since I've had a few takers, I'll use this as an opportunity to clarify.

For starts, I have all the DLC except the new Megacorporation DLC. If someone has it and wants to host, go for it. Only the Host needs DLC for everyone else to play it.

Next, if you want to join, PM me on discord. I'll try and get a more coherent system for us to organize our games from there.

Third. We shouldn't have too many players in a single game at once. That's not to say we will turn people away, but since we all live in different timezones, the more players we have playing ,the harder it becomes to arrange frequent sessions. This might not neccesarily be an issue if you want to play with us infrequently. Ideally we will just have whoever's around for a session slot into one of the AI empires, and if you are possessive over your empire then we can figure it out.

I think this is important. I say this because it generally annoys my friends when I play with them, but I like playing as a ruthless exterminator. If you're my neighbor you're probably going to be conquered, enslaved, and subsequently purged as either food or just slaughter. With that in mind, lets just agree up front if you're playing an exterminator. You can be aggressive but try to avoid kicking players out of the game immediately, especially in the early game. It's not fun to find out your adjacent system neighbor is home to a faction of rabid xenophobes that want to set your homeworld on fire, especially if they have a bigger fleet than you.

Anything further relating to gameplay can be hashed out when we have our players for the game and are about to start. Maybe if we have enough people we can make a sister discord/ channel on our existing discord if Emerald and Jamie are chill with it where we organize multiple games for anyone in the mood for Stellaris. I know for a fact loads of our playerbase play it so it might work.

As far as mods go. This is another thing to be decided by who's computer can operate what. I personally play a vanilla version of Stellaris with a few mods that make some of the interfaces better or change the graphics(Looking at you, cancer inducing aura glow on ships.) and one mod that makes a whole bunch of extra empires for us to pick from. Keeps things fresh.

As of right now, people who have discord PM'd me include BruceJuice69, Bibiex, Garbage, and Counter-Terrorist.
    Last edited by KingPhilipIII; 01-10-2019 at 03:06 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I played Stellaris on release and HATED IT, despite my love for EU4, CK2, Victoria, etc. How much has the game changed over the last two years?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its changed alot. That being said I can't see how you can hate on stellaris. Any game that lets you om nom nom on other biologicals is fun in my book

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd be up for it, got all the DLC so if needed can host.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd probably be up for it, expecting to get curbstomped since I don't have that many hours in it. But that's part of the fun

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd be curious if our discord overlords would allow us to have a seperate channel for stellaris.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unleashing the Gray Tempest on all of you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    KeyWii, last time I was playing with my dad we were both Exterminator species and we were both fighting major wars to exterminate our neighbors. He opens the L-cluster and all of the Grey Tempest ships start flooding into my controlled space. It was bullshit and he's just laughing his ass off at it.

I will unironically enslave and eat you.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    im down
    genocide in stellaris is enjoyable

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd be down for a good old Stellaris MP game if you're still accepting calls. Big problem would be organizing and hosting this where everyone is on at the same time and also has spare time. But I'm free till Sunday and then after that, it gets iffy.