Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Just L - Commander Application

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Enyonggg View Post
    I am not usually overcritical on these types of Applications since this is suppose to be the easier of the 3 whitelists to get. So I'm going not going to bash you.

I see you play tons of SL. But I can never say I've seen you in the XO position. While players like Cassie (long gone) who is a synth primarily doesn't play much XO and SO she does do Overwatch for me while she's a synthetic. So I can understand that she has a grasp on how things in the CIC work and go. The role of Captain is being able to manage the MPs, Medbay, Req, Engineering and the Marines. All at the same time, while you have heads of staff who all manage those departments. They will ask for you frequently over comms and it can be very overwhelming at times when you play during high pop or low pop when you have no SO's or XO's. To be specific; you need to multitask. It won't be something you can just pick up and skip through the time you need to understand being the Executive Officer who manages all the SO's. So once you've logged time into those roles I'll be able to better gauge you as a Captain.

So I'll have to stay negative on this until you can prove that you can handle Commanding. However I think you are a good roleplayer and quite active since your time in this community so you have that going for you.
    I don't really play XO much anymore, I prefer SO/SL to XO since you are able to have much more influence over the course of the game in terms of roleplay and fun if you do those roles.
    With how many COs there currently are, the XO is almost always relegated to just sitting in CIC while the CO leads the operation, or the XO just does overwatch for a squad. If I get my CO whitelist, which I hope I do, I intend to let XOs take command of the operation more often, while I help lead from the front to improve morale, call in fire support, and help set up proper supply lines. I assure you that I know how to multitask very well, whenever I play RO I have every squad channel open to talk with the squads and ask if they need anything, and when I play XO or SO I usually am the guy doing overwatch on either the biggest squad (Delta) or 2-3 squads at once. It's more important to recognize which members of command are actually capable of handling their jobs and letting them take care of things, with the CO and XO filling in if there's a deficiency in some part of the ship, such as only an RO in req roundstart, or no MTs (though I am fairly certain a PFC can fix the reactors).

I've played as every role at least a bit over the years, and I find that the most important one to talk with is req. The most medbay will ask about is 'Can we send a doctor down to do field surgery', and sometimes engineering will ask to send MTs down. They really do not require much attention unless there is nobody playing the role, which is fairly common with MT/CE since there's literally nothing for them to do besides fix the reactors.

I will however admit that I do not want to go anywhere near marine law due to how much of a mess it is, I would rather leave the MPs to do their own thing most of the time and only work with them if it is an actually important situation, such as murders on the ship, enemy boarding parties, or gross incompetence.

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will however admit that I do not want to go anywhere near marine law due to how much of a mess it is, I would rather leave the MPs to do their own thing most of the time and only work with them if it is an actually important situation, such as murders on the ship, enemy boarding parties, or gross incompetence.[/QUOTE]

A good understanding of marine law is important for COs, as they are very often called down to do appeals, even if the XO/CMP can do it. I would suggest you play CMP more to get a good grasp on it. I am a CMP main, if ya have any questions regarding marine law you can contact me @Fortelian#3308, and it is always a good idea to ahelp regarding marine law when you aren't sure.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortelian View Post
    I will however admit that I do not want to go anywhere near marine law due to how much of a mess it is, I would rather leave the MPs to do their own thing most of the time and only work with them if it is an actually important situation, such as murders on the ship, enemy boarding parties, or gross incompetence.
    A good understanding of marine law is important for COs, as they are very often called down to do appeals, even if the XO/CMP can do it. I would suggest you play CMP more to get a good grasp on it. I am a CMP main, if ya have any questions regarding marine law you can contact me @Fortelian#3308, and it is always a good idea to ahelp regarding marine law when you aren't sure.[/QUOTE]

Allow me to clarify what I mean by that. I do not avoid marine law due to a lack of understanding it, I specifically avoid marine law BECAUSE I know how it works, and it is a complete and total mess. If it wasn't a mess, it would not have a rework currently in development.

I am happy to discuss anything related to marine law if you want me to prove that I understand it.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still and always a +1, great roleplayer, great SL and has done more than his fair share of CIC work

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly you are applying a role that expects from you to juggle 4 departments (medbay, cargo, engi and MP) and 4 different squads with different needs, cant blame you if you go even near ML (I even got a lawyer, a judge and a jury onboard my ship for a special someone who also has CO WL) but take it on my own words, CO is XO but with more authority, playing SO doesnt come close, you have to act to a certain degree and comprehend certain amounts of responsability if things go backwards

Basically play XO, I know you are a good SL, so start grinding before people start picking on that fact alone.

+1
    Vibing as: Dismas Hind.

THE BOIS (And gals)
    https://pastebin.com/DHCmg4nM

Shoutouts to Manezinho for the pixelart

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Me_Bigsnail View Post
    Honestly you are applying a role that expects from you to juggle 4 departments (medbay, cargo, engi and MP) and 4 different squads with different needs, cant blame you if you go even near ML (I even got a lawyer, a judge and a jury onboard my ship for a special someone who also has CO WL) but take it on my own words, CO is XO but with more authority, playing SO doesnt come close, you have to act to a certain degree and comprehend certain amounts of responsability if things go backwards

Basically play XO, I know you are a good SL, so start grinding before people start picking on that fact alone.

+1
    Thanks man. And yeah, I know I can juggle things fairly well. Like I said, the most important department to pay attention to is actually req, since medbay will usually run itself, engineering is kind of a joke, and the MPs aren't actually all that important most of the time. I'll try to get a few more rounds as XO, but I do have a fair amount of experience with it. As my app says, I intend to play my CO as leading from the front usually, but I can easily handle commanding from CIC still.

Banned
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One hell of a fellow SL!

Some will say that just because you don't play XO you can't lead an entire operation and multitask.

I have full faith in that you can and WILL pull off these things.

+1 from me as always! As long as you don't get banned again I see no problem with the app even though it is just a repost.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Compy View Post
    One hell of a fellow SL!

Some will say that just because you don't play XO you can't lead an entire operation and multitask.

I have full faith in that you can and WILL pull off these things.

+1 from me as always! As long as you don't get banned again I see no problem with the app even though it is just a repost.
    I appreciate it, Compy. I did play XO a little bit when I came back, but there's really little reason to do so with how many COs there are now. Multitasking comes easily to me anyway, I usually play command staff on regular SS13 servers, and squad leader requires plenty of multitasking as it is.

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well mate, I am very very very very very close to a +1 on this app, however ya said I can ask you something about marine law. You are very right in saying marine law is messed up, because it is kinda broken, the new marine law I'm hoping is a lot better (make sure to read up on it!) so I will ask you one question.

--What would you do if a PFC called an MP "stupid" then the MP arrested them for disrespecting a superior officer?

My statement about your robust SL skills still stands and I look forward to seeing you leading the operation.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortelian View Post
    Well mate, I am very very very very very close to a +1 on this app, however ya said I can ask you something about marine law. You are very right in saying marine law is messed up, because it is kinda broken, the new marine law I'm hoping is a lot better (make sure to read up on it!) so I will ask you one question.

--What would you do if a PFC called an MP "stupid" then the MP arrested them for disrespecting a superior officer?

My statement about your robust SL skills still stands and I look forward to seeing you leading the operation.
    While that is technically breaking marine law, I wouldn't let the arrest go through if I was there and the marine wasn't being a huge dick otherwise. I'd instead tell the MP to give him a minor punishment, something funny or useful. Examples being taking his boots off and needing to get new ones, having to let the MP force feed him a hamburger, fill up a backpack with ammo or flares for req, or just apologize to the MP. It's not really a crime to call someone stupid, so they shouldn't be punished for it.