User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big Dookie - Ban Appeal (Timed Ban)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Big Dookie - Ban Appeal (Timed Ban)

Ban Appeal
    Byond ID?
    bramb23
    Character Name?
    Broden Ackers
    Type of Ban?
    Timed Ban
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    Blade2000br
    Total Ban Duration
    3 days
    Remaining Duration
    3 days
    What other servers do you play on?
    none really
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    can't remember might've recieved a ban years ago on a different server
    Reason for Ban
    Improperly escalating
    Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):
    none
    Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc)
    I was on DS2 with delta I had been reported for Insub by the Captain, this resulted in me hiding in a stasis bag and MP's found me hiding.

I ran around the dropship and back in when a Bravo marine (Luis Fernando) started disarm spamming me this resulted in a full on brawl between me him and the MP's, Delta and all the other squads.

Eventually I ran away from the fight since we were midflight and Fernando chased after me with punching me again, I punched back untill he took out his pulse rifle with a bayonet on the lug and started bashing me on the chest with it, I ran away at first but then he chased me down attempting to either shoot me or stab/bash me again.

This resulted in me buckshotting him on accident since I wanted to smack him on the face but PBed him which is obviously no excuse but at the same time I feel that even buckshotting him was proper escalation as he was litterally stabbing me with a bayonet.

I dont agree with this punishment, at first I told Blade2000br that I'd accept any punishment he was going to hand out since I know i've been fucking up alot when it comes to rulebreaking, but when I asked in staff help to clarify the rules several staffmembers told me to appeal the ban since I did follow proper escalation. I explained the situation to Blade aswell but he disagreed.

Manager Emeritus & System Administrator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Notes:
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    TrialModerator from 12/15/2018 to 12/29/2018
    Moderator from 12/29/2018 to 6/29/2019
    TrialAdmin from 6/29/2019 to 7/29/2019
    Admin from 7/29/2019 to 6/17/2021
    Manager from 6/17/2021 to ???
    ManagerEmeritus from ??? to ???

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Combat and general chat logs of the incident in question

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Being the one that banned you, I will chime in:
    You PB buckshotted a guy that was hitting you with a rifle. But on the logs, he only attacked you once before you shot him.

I looked all the attack logs and you were in a fist fight with this guy for sometime, he then hits you once with a rifle that has a bayonet (I cant tell through logs, it only says he hit you with its rifle) and then you fill him with buckshot.

I believe thats improper escalation. Should you just have used a knife/machete or whatever to continue the fight, your chances of getting this to happen to you were slim to none. When you attaxk with your gun, especially on harm intent which is guaranteed PB, you have the possibility for this to happen.

I gave you a 3 day ban due to your last recent notes. Enough is enough Bramb. You should start shaping up and stopping doing this bullshit if you want to continue playing on this game with your friends.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm gonna be honest Broden how you explained it looks a bit different from what I'm seeing. You did indeed get hit by an M4 with a bayonet which I would say is someone using lethal force which in my opinion is a point where you're allowed to bring bullets out.

Though just reading your logs you were doing some dumb stuff in the chat logs, and then at the end, you say.

[11:37:48]SAY: Broden''BigDookie''Ackers/Bramb23 : We gotta GOOO
    [11:38:07]SAY: Broden''BigDookie''Ackers/Bramb23 : We have to evade.

Now, from seeing these logs and your notes someone could think you broke escalation rules which is understandable, but you could've easily ahelped as soon as he started hitting you with a bayonet. I'm going, to be honest, it seems like escalation rules were followed as he hit you with a bayonet and you feared for your life, so you shot him.

Though I'm going to say you need to calm it down as I don't know when your last chance could be on the server.

To be honest I'm gonna +1 this un-ban, but I believe you should be put on probation and show us you can keep it down for a few months.
    Last edited by Lumdor; 01-16-2019 at 12:24 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree pretty much with everything Lumdor has said here. I understand you have a different way of enjoying the server but some things you do can be rather questionable. I was also partially present for this incident and if memory serves right we received three seperate ahelps about this. I'm remaining neutral also at this time.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly while I can understand where Blade is coming from with your history of notes. I truly do appreciate that you came clean to Blade and was willingly to accept the punishment. While I can say that I understand why you shot the person because its a bayonet rifle going to your chest, thats a good enough reason to bring the guns out but we also can't force players to be stabbed 3-6 times and stab marines back so then they can escalate it to guns when its already to late and you or the marine is dead. +1 from me as long as you agree with being put on probation and staying out of trouble, you know for a fact your note history isn't good and you should try shaping up.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my opinion I can see your point in why you chose to ban.

But seeing as you can get knocked out or one single bayonet strike from a rifle/shotgun can literally break bones, not to mention that it is a lethal option.

I'd flat out PB that guy too.

I'm totally going to +1 this and vouch for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would agree to probation if that's even a thing.

I just wanted to show something for people that don't understand how a bayonet is used
    LsP5KiT.jpg
    A bayonet is used to kill or gravely injure your opponent litterally jabbing him in the stomach which results in a situation where you could be mortally wounded.
    Last edited by Big Dookie; 01-16-2019 at 09:51 AM. Reason: spelling mistake

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Bayonets are meant to kill, if anything this is improper (if it was a bayonet) on Fernando's side. +1.
    Staff should also remain unbiased when dealing with situations.