User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Corbe - Commander Application

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eh, I gotta vote. Pat's always playing SO/XO whenever I am on, so I can vouch that he does play CIC quite a bit. +1 and keep rolling them CIC positions
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Enyonggg View Post
    I haven’t seen you much engagement in effectively leading the marines and relaying information/orders as SO or even XO neither have I found you to have the initiative or the will/determination to get yourself a victory for the marines as SO or XO again.

By the way, you are competent but not really a people person, from what I've seen. One of the most headstrong and aggressive SLs I've ever seen, with an ego to match. Nice hair and Dumb name.

I could see you being a very volatile CO, with potential to either blitz the operation given the right marines, or go into full meltdown if your CIC or ground complement doesn't get on board with what you want from them. That's just the impression I get, though - I haven't seen you enough as anything but an SL.

All in all I don't dislike you and think you could, at the very least, offer something different to the blander flavour of XOs and COs we seem to be winding up with lately, even if a harsh and uncompromising approach to the role wouldn't be how I would choose to go about it. +1

PS: There's always a big difference between SL's and being actual CO leading the entire Operation. You will realize it, not now but very soon when you keep rolling CO. Not gonna specify it because I wanna see it for yourself.

Good luck!
    Hahaha, I can see what you mean by aggressive. I was playing a lot of SO and a bit of XO the last couple weeks but this week I've basically been going pure SL since I haven't played it very often before and wanted to know what it was like so I could build a better understanding of what SL's need. It's a lot of fun. Thanks for the feedback, I'm glad you like the hair.

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, I've already given this my +1, but I will be commenting again on this.

I recently had Pat as my XO and he did a very good job. I gave him a medal because he deserved it. Let's not limit him to playing only XO, Pat is definitely ready CO whitelist. He did extraordinary as XO and I could not ask for any better, I'd -1 this app so he keeps rolling XO, but I must give him what I give very few... My +2
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortelian View Post
    Alright, I've already given this my +1, but I will be commenting again on this.

I recently had Pat as my XO and he did a very good job. I gave him a medal because he deserved it. Let's not limit him to playing only XO, Pat is definitely ready CO whitelist. He did extraordinary as XO and I could not ask for any better, I'd -1 this app so he keeps rolling XO, but I must give him what I give very few... My +2
    That was an awesome round, and I appreciate the feedback and support. XO is a lot of fun and I've been enjoying myself in it. I really thought we would win it as well. If you have any tips to improve I'd love to hear them.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i had not seen you in game or remembered you so ill remain Neutral till i see you in game one round

The Neverplayer Commodore
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your story is disgustingly beautiful ... it is original and it shows creativity, Which is good !!
    I can also tell who inspired you in becoming a CO XD ... ANYWAYS, here is the question

In which situations would you see reasonable to pardon someone ?
    Present some NOT blatant scenarios ... try to use your head to think of something new as you did in your app.

GL !
    Captain Morgan Young

Charlie Squad Medic main and the worst nade Thrower you Will ever see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by smov View Post
    Your story is disgustingly beautiful ... it is original and it shows creativity, Which is good !!
    I can also tell who inspired you in becoming a CO XD ... ANYWAYS, here is the question

In which situations would you see reasonable to pardon someone ?
    Present some NOT blatant scenarios ... try to use your head to think of something new as you did in your app.

GL !
    I will give a personal example. I was once playing as the PO for the Alamo, a very rowdy marine would refuse to get off and the MP's were taking too much time. I need to drop, he kept knocking me over and no MP was coming, so I began to punch him and knock him out. The MP then arrived and had me arrested, I was screaming bloody murder as my PO and the marine was sitting there laughing at me. Wondering what was going on, the Captain at the time came up to me and began speaking to me in my cell, he heard my story and then pardoned me so I could go fly the Alamo, later saying he got eye witness to corroborate my story.

Something original. Let's say a new player mistakenly activates a frag grenade, not understanding how they function and kills several marines. He is then imprisoned for it and people are demanding him to be executed. While speaking to him, I find out he is new to the game. Rather than ruin this mains experience, I would explain to him what he did wrong and how the devices work, rather than potentially ruin his taste for CM.

For something really obscure. Let's say the engineer SGT is refusing to do what the CE is demanding (load an OB) and not active on comms. The CE is yelling over radio for me as the lead to have them arrested as he loses his cool. In case A, I refuse to allow this to happen until I determine why he is non responsive. Let's say now MP's get involved while I am busy and I learn that he has been arrested. Upon further investigation I find out the engineer was ensuring power and communications was functioning, and did not see the remarks. I would have him pardoned as he was prioritizing the operation over the CE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this man literally has gotten away with being the premier american psycho for months, how can you not +1 this application

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had you as my XO and SO once and I have also seen you on several occasions. I believe you will do good in the role, as you are competent and you know how to lead the marines. I will be leaving my +1.
    I play as Viktor 'Beer' Kleiner, Matthaus and as Var'dqi Bo'ytill

LT COL. VIKTOR KLEINER, USS LOWË'S COMMANDING OFFICER

PROVISIONAL COMMAND OVER THE USS ALMAYER

Ex-CO Councillor. If you have any questions regarding the whitelist, feel free to DM me.
    Discord is Axyinious#3635

Whitelisted Captain ScreamingIdiot's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Certainly one of the more interesting approaches to the app I've seen recently. You've got good community support and the app checks out too despite its unorthodox nature. I'll +1. We'll be observing your progress as Captain with great interest.

Commodore Lorenzo Fiore / Sergeant Callisto Fiore / Synthetic Gary
    __________________________________________________ ______________
    4th Division, 4th Brigade, 4th Aerospace Division, 1st Colonial Support Group
    THE FALLING FALCONS
    USS ALMAYER

Part of the CO council. PM me for any and all CO related needs and I'll help you along.