User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How to not be a useless PFC?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 50RemAndCounting View Post
    From my experience, having a motion detector and watching your swuad's flanks is often the best way to help them. And if not at least for them you can at least save yourself and fall back to somewhere defensible instead of dying because your squad overextended
    That's what I usually default to, so far it's always been helpful in some way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by Just L View Post
    Instead of knifing weed nodes, take a blowtorch or an industrial blowtorch and use it to destroy purple sacs, destroy them in one hit and a single blowtorch can clear like 40+ purple sacs, I believe.
    Yeah, I know about the nodes and blowtorches. Nodes I always go for, blowtorch I haven't been able to get yet because I mostly keep forgetting to pick one up.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you talk with your squad engies round start, they will usually hack the autolathe for you, or hack the tool vendor to get the super cap blowtorches that have 80 fuel instead of 20 or 40. Those are only in the PO office and engineering, I believe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you talk with your squad engies round start, they will usually hack the autolathe for you, or hack the tool vendor to get the super cap blowtorches that have 80 fuel instead of 20 or 40. Those are only in the PO office and engineering, I believe.
    Thanks, I'll keep that in mind!

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Learn how to frontline or backline properly, join the 1% that does 99%.

Stop being fodder, make the opposite side recognize you and go "perhaps I shouldn't" whenever you appear and punish any dribbling xeno player that tries their luck.

How?

Don't value your 2D life, be efficient with buckshot and most importantly, open the plasteel cade and push out alongside the "suicidal batch of delta PFCs"
    Chances are you're going to score more kills than 98% of the marine pop.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Avalanchee View Post
    Learn how to frontline or backline properly, join the 1% that does 99%.
    I can honestly say I've had some good luck with that on occasion. The times I managed to join the front line, I've dispensed quite a few PBs, sometimes even got xeno kills and overall I am actually pretty happy with myself in that regard. I'm by no means robust, and the lag sure as hell doesn't help, but after playing long enough, I'm far from harmless. That quickdraw buckshot M37, that I always have as a backup, right after a runner pounce can be a real bitch for xenos and saved my ass more than once.

It's more the times where I can't join the front line, that I'm gathering ideas here for what to do. CM isn't all frontline combat and I wanna be useful as long as I'm alive.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Enyonggg View Post
    be a good spotter for CAS and mortar using JTAC kit. it'll be a big help for frontliners to push
    PFCs shouldn't be taking JTAC kits. They laze slower than everyone else. Go squad engineer if you want to do fire support.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To really be the best PFC? Just read the situation and see what roles can be filled. Someone needs to watch the cadelines, someone needs to patrol in groups to keep lurker gang from making swiss cheese of the marines, someone needs to help the IOs, someone should be doing jtac calls, someone needs to push, someone needs to push back the weeds, someone needs to clear weeds of advancing forces, someone needs to build if engineers are dead or useless, someone should be organizing the supply drops, someone should be lighting up the area, and ...

I think you get the point just do something and youll be fine. That or just dick around and do whatever it a game dude, just have fun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Avalanchee View Post
    open the plasteel cade and push out alongside the "suicidal batch of delta PFCs"
    Chances are you're going to score more kills than 98% of the marine pop.
    The vast majority of kills I’ve gotten have been when I’ve thrown caution to the wind and stormed the boiler line immediately after a repelled xeno push, saying “F backup.” The boilers are usually stuck in place prepping to fire their BS balls, and everyone else is laying down. They never expect you to rush them. And after the remaining 10 xenos back there surround and murder you, the two or three xenos that you killed before they could even stand up will have salted dead chat in preparation for your glorious arrival.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PFCs shouldn't be taking JTAC kits. They laze slower than everyone else. Go squad engineer if you want to do fire support.
    Engis should be building and reparing cades, as well as other engi stuff. Also uh hunt lurkers if you want something to do

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethan10000llahd View Post
    Engis should be building and reparing cades, as well as other engi stuff. Also uh hunt lurkers if you want something to do
    Nah once you have cades and shit up, that's the perfect time to start lazing.