User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: About the updates.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up About the updates.

so yhea, i wont gitlab, i just will say what i think here and thats it.
    i hate the ''moba update'' AND the ''xss / xeno structure update''

ALL IT DOES IS ADD LAG FOR UNWANTED CONTENT.
    + the remooval of KD is a huge mistake.

i beleive you guys should keep the masterbranch, remoove permanesting.
    + Implent an ASSIST SYSTEM, instead of remooving KD.

-Miranda Vayne.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    KD has no place in CM anyway. I have no idea why it was added - but I, for one, am glad it is being removed.

Making engineering atleast half-interesting to play, is a pretty big improvement, and xenos were, frankly, in need of a rework, so while I don't agree with somethings, (Like the Crusher being Lurker 2.0) it is mostly fine.

Permanesting was a bad solution to a problem - but there is still a problem there. That is - marines breaking free to kill themselves almost everytime when permanesting was not a thing, to my knowledge.

Edit 1: To elaborate - as long as the marine isn't paincrit, they are quite reliably able to deny captures. And, paincrit is quite rare nowadays, due to the light armor users enmasse.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Permanesting is a thing because being able to escape was unfun all around. It meant that a couple of xeno players had to sit there being bored and watching nests for the entire round, but they also had no way to prevent people from resisting out and slamming their grenade macro, killing potentially multiple hosts. If someone didn't get a grenade they'd just stumble around in the dark and be caught easily.

Furthermore no one ever escaped nests anyways unless they were frontline nests and the xenos got pushed back.

Developer & CO Senator (Major General) naut's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly KD just serves to make marines constantly barge in front of others with their shotgun so they can land the finishing blow and get their count upped by 1. Removing it might upset some folks bent on self-accomplishment, but it helps people focus on the operation rather than themselves - CM is team-based, not a generic FPS game.

As for the reworks for both MOBA and XSS I think they add some new experience to the table; the lag’s more of a secondary thing and I think (and hope) the devs are doing their best to fix it.
    Yeah, MOBA needs a bit of relearning but I think it’s a rather good spice-up to the plays of CM which can honestly become monotonous at times.
    Engineering’s got a lot more stuff to do now than fix reactors and make cades with XSS, something I think a lot of folks will appreciate.
    Major General / Colonel Samantha 'Sammy' Maverick
    Colonel Chris 'Topher' Lawson
    Synthetic Tara

CO Senator (as of 3-19-21)
    ̶D̶e̶v̶e̶l̶o̶p̶e̶r̶ Maintainer (as of of 3-23-21)

I'm just someone trying her hardest to not get everyone horribly killed.

im an artist too! see my works at my art dump below
    //showthrea...aut-s-Art-Dump

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by naut View Post
    Honestly KD just serves to make marines constantly barge in front of others with their shotgun so they can land the finishing blow and get their count upped by 1. Removing it might upset some folks bent on self-accomplishment, but it helps people focus on the operation rather than themselves - CM is team-based, not a generic FPS game.
    This.

People go to insane lengths to kill-steal, whether it’s barging into the line of fire to get the last shot, or sitting back to watch you duel a xeno and only firing when the xeno goes paincrit. Without KD, people can help each other without getting angry at each other because someone stole their kill.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Current issues with the update:

For aliens:
    Aliens have lost all capturing mechanics basically; the neuro stun changes, pain crit nerf, the warrior lunge nerf, the neruo gas removal, carrier nerf, and for completion hugger combat removal means that aliens best way of capturing is basically finding baldies and rambos roaming around and tacklebanging them to death hoping they dont get up and PB your buddies to death. Aliens need a new capture method or mechanic that is reliable and can work by itself or aliens will not capture and will keep on losing due to attrition combat

Queens have been meh in these tests, some were okay or good but a lot overextend die; like in every test round. Now this shouldnt matter but needs to be noted, aliens have won with the queen dead before but aliens just cant come back becuase of said difficulty in capturing

A lot of aliens are all over and changed how they work. Like basically the whole defender-warrior-crusher line is built more for brawling, a crusher cant jump a group reliably without dying but they can get a few trying to chase it rather easily. It just weird. The runner-lurker-rav line is making out to be god like wave clearers which is weird from where it started. Acid and builder lines no major changes. A lot of shakeups that will take months to see how they settle for combat meta.

Aliens do worse in siegeing in general now. The crushers cant charge cades meaning the main tank to smack cades is out and aliens have to rely on trappers to break in or pray marines dont kill them while they slash the cades. General it is harder to break in but it hard to say how hard yet need more data.

Chem nades from OTs are meh, it just chem nades and everyone wants to play with the new toy nothing too special. Note, if any can stun queen barring direct hit on her it would be OP as an area stun on queen is just too devastating on aliens since it not just an alien CO it the CO-tank-telecomm-and 4 specs in one. She too important to die and takes too dam long to replace an empress increasing round length.

Need to make scouts that go invis unable to count toward the total humans due to the inability to find them, really aliens will never find them and that is annoying becuase aliens are on a timer to lose unlike marines which have a timer to win where aliens need to make a new queen if she dies.

The hugger turret is literally useless because it uses bodies, no sane alien would waste larva on something which will get naded anyway. Maybe just make it use eggs?

For marines:

The turrets might be too OP, I think they changed that you need to use the sentry crate to make them but it should be how it done. The simple issue is sentry spam is just impossible for aliens to deal with due to the damage output they bring and the IFF capabilities and lack of ability to damage them beyond slashing them upfront next to 4 angry deltas with shotties.

Meh nothing much changed

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    KD was the absolute worst thing that ever graced this rotten game and if you unironically miss it and think its removal was a bad thing you are more than welcome to leave cm and not come back.
    Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 50RemAndCounting View Post
    KD was the absolute worst thing that ever graced this rotten game and if you unironically miss it and think its removal was a bad thing you are more than welcome to leave cm and not come back.
    Hard agree. Having a few FF kills from early rounds stain my record made me try to get xeno kills all the more to make up for them, I never tried to kill steal or endanger others in pursuit of kills, but it still made me play the game differently. It's better that it's gone.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So now I won't have more FF kills listed than Xeno kills? Sounds great.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its not the moba update thats causin the lag, its the sound "bug fix" they had to add so xenos could hear mortars when they entered a screen or somethin along those lines.