0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    gotcha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good guide but I have to disagree on some things.

First do not feed peridaxon to everyone with high brute on chest. If you see someone dead, first check with scanner for "BONE FRACTURES DETECTED". If you do not see it, there's no need to splint the chest/head. If you see it look at the brute distribution. If you see 100 brute on chest and like under 10 on head and groin splint the chest. Then you use trauma/burn kits to get them to the point where you can defib them. If you have still time feed them inaprovaline/bicard/kelotane and then defib. Then watch the oxygen damage closely. If it stays at 0 their chest organs are fine and they can go back to the frontlines. If it starts rising slowly and stops at 20 their heart is a bit damaged. It's annoying, but you can still send them back to fight. If it goes up really fast or it goes above 20 then you feed them peridaxon, tell them their lungs are fucked and make sure they understand they have to evac or die.

Yes I know guessing where the fracture is based on damage distribution is a bit risky but you have to use your intuition here. If they died right infront of you on the first drop there's no way their head could have been fractured before and the splint fell off.
    If you are even a tiny bit unsure splint the chest to be sure. Organ damage in the chest is the worst, because you can simply heal organ damage in the head with imialky.

Second thing is that I disagree that you need to have Iron. Sure it can help in certain situations, but from my own experience seeing people that get oxygen damage from loss of blood is EXTREMELY rare. 90% blood level is pretty common but I almost never see blood level below 80%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwuhja View Post
    oh great medic mentor of high command above...

where do i put spare shotgun shells? webbing? armor? helmet?

any preferred tacchies? laser sight for free stats? agrip? gyro to drag + pb without breaking your screen? RC? Bayo to stab benos?

before i took an M4A3 with laser and rail, but now im not sure
    The way I kit myself out is:

Suit Storage: Weapon (for me, M37A2 w/ mag-har,bayonet, agrip loaded with buckshot)
    Belt: Lifesaver Rig (dump QC, put in custom chems and HF2) My personal selection of custom chems is simply Iron, IA and Keloderm, don't stress medbay out too much.
    Back: Normal Satchel (this is very important, do not give an opportunity for xenos to metatarget you. Ditch the medic helmet and uniform for standard variations at the surplus uniform vendor). I put 2 defibrillators here, you can get a spare at medbay. I also put two roller beds and one stasis bag here.
    Pouch 1: Medkit pouch, medkit with a few ATK/ABK/Splints and two extra bottles of bicaridine and one extra of kelotane.
    Pouch 2: Medkit pouch, medkit with some more ATK/ABK/Splints and an extra bottle of peridaxon.
    Uniform: Put a brown or black webbing vest here, fill it up with buckshot. Alternatively you can replace a few handfuls of buckshot with medical supplies, do so at your own risk.
    Armour: Light armour (although medium is acceptable due to the extra storage slot). Put your MRE and the medevac stretcher in here.
    Helmet: Standard M10 helmet, put two spare autoinjectors of Dex+ here or 1 dex+ and 1 epi.

You'll develop your own personal kit over time. The M4A3 is not bad by any standards, in fact DPS wise it is the second best gun in the game, however I do not recommend it for medic work. As a medic you aren't supposed to be fighting, which is why you simply need a tool to get runners and lurkers off of you or your patient, and that is able to output enough burst damage to dent xenos and force them to flee. M37 buck does this job well.
    Waiting for lagless CM
    Manuel Conrad - Human
    Alexander Keys - Human (Command)
    SA-D5 - Xenomorph
    Har'Kittak - Yautja
    Thomas - Synthetic

I'm awesome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Laniel View Post
    Good guide but I have to disagree on some things.

First do not feed peridaxon to everyone with high brute on chest. If you see someone dead, first check with scanner for "BONE FRACTURES DETECTED". If you do not see it, there's no need to splint the chest/head. If you see it look at the brute distribution. If you see 100 brute on chest and like under 10 on head and groin splint the chest. Then you use trauma/burn kits to get them to the point where you can defib them. If you have still time feed them inaprovaline/bicard/kelotane and then defib. Then watch the oxygen damage closely. If it stays at 0 their chest organs are fine and they can go back to the frontlines. If it starts rising slowly and stops at 20 their heart is a bit damaged. It's annoying, but you can still send them back to fight. If it goes up really fast or it goes above 20 then you feed them peridaxon, tell them their lungs are fucked and make sure they understand they have to evac or die.

Yes I know guessing where the fracture is based on damage distribution is a bit risky but you have to use your intuition here. If they died right infront of you on the first drop there's no way their head could have been fractured before and the splint fell off.
    If you are even a tiny bit unsure splint the chest to be sure. Organ damage in the chest is the worst, because you can simply heal organ damage in the head with imialky.

Second thing is that I disagree that you need to have Iron. Sure it can help in certain situations, but from my own experience seeing people that get oxygen damage from loss of blood is EXTREMELY rare. 90% blood level is pretty common but I almost never see blood level below 80%.
    Well you're wrong and your assumption that the absence of bone fractures signifies a lack of organ damage is incorrect. Anyone who has played marine in the last 3 months can tell you that you can and will suffer organ damage from high damage attacks regardless of your bone fracturing or not.

Moreover Iron is essential. Blood loss is not common but iron is your only tool to treat it. And having -22 maximum health isn't lovely as a marine. Your job is to keep your squad at maximum fighting capacity.
    Waiting for lagless CM
    Manuel Conrad - Human
    SA-D5 - Xenomorph
    Har'Kittak - Yautja
    Thomas - Synthetic

I'm awesome

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two handed healing isn't mentioned? Cringe.

Also iron sucks. Tell them to eat burger.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's literally a basic guide don :rolling_eyes:

Iron doesnt suck you suck
    Waiting for lagless CM
    Manuel Conrad - Human
    SA-D5 - Xenomorph
    Har'Kittak - Yautja
    Thomas - Synthetic

I'm awesome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    whats two-hand healing?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suppose he refers to the fact that a lot of medical actions are one handed so you can multitask to perform various actions on the same or different patients to speed stuff up
    Waiting for lagless CM
    Manuel Conrad - Human
    SA-D5 - Xenomorph
    Har'Kittak - Yautja
    Thomas - Synthetic

I'm awesome

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First of all, lacking information cringe

Second, you're not a medic main cringe

Third, another medic guide cringe

Fourth, telling medics to bring shotgun, cringe

Fifth, doesn't tell medic about other uses of blue bag outside of larva infection(IE, below 50% blood, OD, High toxin damage), cringe

Sixth, doesn't explain what heart broken cases mean or the reason why they need evac, cringe

Seventh, not mentioning auto inject pouch, cringe

Eight, saying oxy is useless when it can allow someone in crit to run away or move around when in crit instantly, cringe

Ninth, not talking about research chems, cringe

Tenth, not talking about etiquiettes for medics(1 patient for 1 medic, unless 500+ damage), cringe

Eleventh, not talking about using both hands when being a medic, cringe

Twelfth, not being too indepth or simple enough for small minded medics to understand, cringe

Thirteenth, you dont need to apply dex+ after revival, the defib already removes the oxy damage, dex inject is 1u, cringe
    Last edited by Kryth; 05-08-2020 at 07:20 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1) what
    2) synth
    3) all the other ones arent by me and are in a different meta period so they're bad
    4) literally the only viable choice
    5) stasis bag literally useless for anything that isn't larva, toxin damage only comes from blood and organs and peridaxon takes care of those, blood loos usually never goes past 60% ever since the bugfix
    6) Defibrillators will not work if the target mob doesn't have a player occupying them, if the player has gone DNR (do not resuscitate), if they are heartbroken, if they are braindead (dead for over 300 seconds) or if they are wearing anything in their exosuit slot.
    7) it's for SLs not medics, medics can bring the 2 or 3 injectors they need in helmet or spare medkits
    8) it's useless lol
    9) not their problem
    10) it's a mechanical guide.
    11) don already mentioned it and i already addressed it
    12) ok vague
    13) oxy damage goes up in batches of 40 if you have lung damage
    Waiting for lagless CM
    Manuel Conrad - Human
    SA-D5 - Xenomorph
    Har'Kittak - Yautja
    Thomas - Synthetic