April 5, 2020
    Your Character Name?
    Nina Wahad
    Their BYOND Key
    mezidan
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    5:00 PMish?
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    Ensure that all incidents are adequately investigated before giving a ruling.
    Description of the incident
    I was jobbanned from MP again for "history of LRP and MP notes" even though I just finished appealing my previous CMP ban just a month prior which was set for the exact reason. I have only gained one note unrelated to MP note since my CMP unban a month and three notes since my MP unban LAST JULY. Most of my MP related notes are almost a year old and before the first jobban, yet they were still somehow heavily weighted in me getting jobbanned from MP again. I think the mod forgot to recognize the fact that I was already jobbanned before and that I gone through the process an appeal already.
    Evidence
    My notes if someone could post them.
    How you would punish the accused
    Nothing, I just want the job bans revoked.

Whitelisted Synthetic
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll post the required logs in an hour or so.
    Synthetic Whitelist - Brian Predator Whitelist - Baln'frim Arvhek
    Trial Moderator: 3/29/2020 - 4/4/2020 || Moderator: 4/4/2020 - 7/16/2020 || Moderator: 2/12/2021 - 5/27/21 || Discord Staffmember: 2/28/21 - 5/27/21
    Logs filed for reports: 5

Discord: rin#0142
    Moderation Staff

Whitelisted Synthetic
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NOTES

Spoiler Spoiler:

PMs

Spoiler Spoiler:

Some things in notes omitted for privacy reasons (irrelevant to report).

If any clarifications or more pulls are needed, I am watching the thread, and am avaliable on Discord: rin#0142.

EDIT (additional context, beheading, pepperspray):

Beheading Incident

Spoiler Spoiler:

Pepperspray Incident

Spoiler Spoiler:
    Last edited by yayyay007; 04-06-2020 at 06:54 AM. Reason: Missing context behind two incidents in PMs, added for clarification. || 2: Privacy errors.
    Synthetic Whitelist - Brian Predator Whitelist - Baln'frim Arvhek
    Trial Moderator: 3/29/2020 - 4/4/2020 || Moderator: 4/4/2020 - 7/16/2020 || Moderator: 2/12/2021 - 5/27/21 || Discord Staffmember: 2/28/21 - 5/27/21
    Logs filed for reports: 5

Discord: rin#0142
    Moderation Staff

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello. I was the Senior Moderator who set the job ban, because tmods do not have the ability to do so. Regardless, the tmod who handled your case made a thorough investigation including several witnesses, and took your notes into account. The decision was not made hastily, and the trial moderator spent considerable effort in making sure correct punishment was applied, and consulted senior staff in the final verdict.
    Bert 'SOAB' Beach CARGONIA
    Henrik & Leeroy SYNTHETIC
    Rau'ta H'chak YAUTJA

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

"Honestly, how can you hire this cunt? You must be really fucked up to hire someone like him."

sexy avatar by Manezinho

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't doubt that. I'm just confused that I am being jobbanned for note accumulation AGAIN, even though I just successfully appealed the MP ban for that very recently. Also Dorkkeli you were the one who requested my MP ban last year for the exact same reason I am jobbanned now. I again only have three notes since my mp unban LAST JULY, and only one note from my CMP unban a month ago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there! So, I will start from the top for whoever the admin is that will be adjudicating this.

On April 4th we had several IC and OOC reports against the CMP who was allegedly causing a number of issues in and around the brig. After a bit of initial investigation, the three primary issues were boiled down to 1. Improper use of force against detained individuals. 2. Inappropriate charging / failure to charge persons for appropriate crimes 3. LRP by throwing the Delta SL's head at one of his squad marines for complaining. These issues were selected as the primary ones after speaking with numerous witnesses before engaging Hoboe7 as to better understand the situation. After PMing Hoboe7, we went point by point through each of these matters over the span of one round ending and another round starting. Hoboe7 and I resolved to dismiss the first two concerns as they were found to either be justified or otherwise a non-issue as far as rules were concerned, thus I won't address them unless required to do so. It is worth while noting that due to number 3 there were ongoing issues for the entire round with delta and a few other marines.

The issue that stuck was the LRP after much deliberation, to include discussing it over with a number of mods, senior mods, and I believe at least one admin chimed in as well. At the time, I was well aware of Hoboe7's note history and was aware that he had a running history of issues as a MP/CMP as well as issues with LRP in the past. The reason I went with a Jban for MP/CMP was due to the fact that Hoboe7 has been Jbanned in the past several times for this job field and had previously been warned against LRP. The notes above explicitly state why each time. The CMP being a position that I and the other mods/admins agreed is a role that is held to a much higher standard, coupled with the totality of prior jbans, and Hoboe7 openly acknowledging that his actions were going to incite people and didn't have clear justification were all factors considered when I chose to ask for a Jban. Of course, this decision was further reviewed by Dorkkeli since he was the one who actually put it into effect.

This decision was anything other than rushed or unconsidered and the Jban took recent bans and unbans into consideration, as well as other notes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I have been CMP banned since last month yes? That means player stats tracking was not active yet before I was unbanned. Look at how much hours I've put into CMP since my unban (in the screenshot attached). Look at the amount of notes I received between my CMP unban and my ban now.

The whole basis of my current jobban is of my note history the majority of which happened almost a YEAR ago. Not to mention that I WAS ALREADY JOBBANNED DUE TO MY NOTE HISTORY (which was also set by Dorkelli who is the one who set the ban now) which was why I was unbanned from CMP last month as I appealed it. Screenshot_22.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    td;lr

I was job banned because of note accumulation.

I successfully appeal those bans very recently.

I'm getting job banned again for note accumulation (even though I have only gotten 3 notes since my MP unban in August, one of which was after my CMP unban and wasn't even MP related) and their justification of the jobban was because I was jobbanned before...
    This is without even considering the absurd amounts of time I play MP and not to mention most of my notes are almost a year old.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The impression that an unban is an effective clean slate is mistaken. If anything, you are more liable to receive a ban again if you were just recently unbanned for the same issue. The expectation when you are unbanned is that you understand your mistakes and that you're able to function in that role without committing those same mistakes. So the fact you were just recently unbanned from MP is not especially relevant.

That being said, I really don't see anything that terrible here. The bit about the thrown head is a little silly, and it seems like you (Hoboe777) acknowledge it was just something you did without giving it much thought. So conceding that it's a tinge LRP, and given your recent history with LRP, I'm going to keepthe 1 day ban for LRP that accompanied the MP bans. I don't really see the MP bans as being necessary seeing as it's rooted largely in LRP - there's the argument that throwing a head at someone is essentially assaulting them (and therefore breaking ML), but that's mostly just splitting hairs and I don't think it's necessary here. So I'm going to lift the MP jobbans, but I'm going to warn you right now that your past history does not become irrelevant just because you received an unban; if future issues prop up, you are most certainly liable to see those jobbans reapplied.

Resolved; the jobbans will be lifted. The day ban for LRP will remain - the note will be adjusted accordingly.
    Trial Moderator: 4/18/19 - 5/2/19 / Moderator: 5/3/19 - 10/1/19 / Senior Moderator: 10/2/19 - 12/26/19 / Trial Admin: 12/27/19 - 1/11/20 / Mod Manager: 1/12/20 - 4/18/20

Cerwick/Balakura/etc
    Discord: noah#7322

Former staff member and long-time CO Council member, now I just wave my boomer cane at people when I want something to complain about.