Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: BatHoovyDood - Commander Application

Whitelisted Captain FGRSentinel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BatHoovyDood View Post
    For the DEFCON issue, first I want to say I am answering under the assumption that both the PO and the RO have been doing their jobs well, and will benefit the operation as a whole with their points. If every CAS has actually been hitting friendlies or the RO spent all of their points on random garbage, then I would obviously pick whichever is doing their actual job, and then move to deal with the other one. However, if they both actually really needed the points, I would give it to the PO, and then give clearance to the RO to start disassembling the ship, and give them access to squad prep rooms to gather ammo. The supplies the PO needs can only be acquired with DEFCON points, whereas 90% of what the FOB needs can be found already on the ship.
    This is a solid answer to a problem that I wish more people would stop to consider: there are resources laying all over the ship that can be put to use if absolutely necessary if you know where they are. There's a few that people tend to forget about, but that's a minor thing. Your BE answer is solid and responses like the one cited above fill me with confidence in your ability to deal with situations. +1 and good luck.
    Retired CO Councilor (Winter 2019-Spring 2020, Winter 2020-Spring 2021)

Goddard Pearsall, the Pilot that (almost) always has Souto

Unofficial source of help for new/inexperienced POs. Message me here or on Discord if you'd like advise on anything.

Whitelisted Captain BatHoovyDood's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FGRSentinel View Post
    This is a solid answer to a problem that I wish more people would stop to consider: there are resources laying all over the ship that can be put to use if absolutely necessary if you know where they are. There's a few that people tend to forget about, but that's a minor thing. Your BE answer is solid and responses like the one cited above fill me with confidence in your ability to deal with situations. +1 and good luck.
    I didn't get a chance to mention this on the first comment, but this exact situation happened to me as XO, and this solution did actually work. (At least until later in the round when req tried to declare independence).
    - Squad Leader Cassandra 'Boston' Ellis (and overconfident CO)

(Probably already dead)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Major support from the community and the council. Solid app and in game attitude.

Resolved, accepted. Your perms will be updated shortly, Captain Ellis.

Your 'Friendly' Neighborhood Captain, Frans Feiffer. Austrian Kommodore vith zie vorst accent, survivor of Space Vietnam, and Loving Caretaker of the Ungas Aboard the USS Almayer.
    Pred App that is now null lol
    Synthetic model Darwin

Spoiler Spoiler: