Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 917 Special Operations

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

917 Special Operations

Some of you may have noticed 917 Special Operations popping up in a couple event rounds recently, so I wanted to give a little bit more information.

917 Special Operations is a Private Military Company independent from any other governing body, and with no affiliation whatsoever with Weston-Yamada.

They are usually equipped with a wide array of advanced equipment, which is usually cyan/teal coloured. They have very strong armour and a natural resistance to injury owing to genetic manipulation. The best of the best, they can even face off against a Weston-Yamada deathsquad and come out victorious.

917 frequently assigns operatives codenames from the greek alphabet, the same as WY Deathsquads do. However they may utilise other codenames or outright operative names from time to time.

I would like some feedback regarding 917, any suggestions or ideas you might have for things they can do, or if any of you are interested in being shortlisted for their next operation you can let me know here.

Depending on how things go I might write up some more detailed lore for them. As things stand however they are my personal event faction and take a lot of setting up each round, so they will be quite rare until I sort out some better equipment.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds goddamn awesome!!!
    Ex- Predator Council Senator, Mentor Manager, Discord Moderator and Moderator Trainer
    My wall of medals: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    Discord: Novacti#0505

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love it

Developer & CO Senator (Major General) naut's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good stuff!!

Maybe you could clarify their motive when they come aboard? Since they're independent from W-Y they probably won't have much interest or alliance with the USCM, so what'd their goals be when they touch down after that distress beacon? Pillage the ship and take it for themselves? Ask that W-Y or the USCM pay them their fair share of cash to save them from the xenos? Try to wriggle W-Y out of the equation entirely and make themselves center-stage for marines to look at, turn it into a recruitment opportunity even?

Lots more interesting stuff can happen down the line when a neutral PMC that's got no affiliation with the USCM or W-Y is involved.
    Major General / Colonel Samantha 'Sammy' Maverick
    Colonel Chris 'Topher' Lawson
    Synthetic Tara

CO Senator (as of 3-19-21)
    ̶D̶e̶v̶e̶l̶o̶p̶e̶r̶ Maintainer (as of of 3-23-21)

I'm just someone trying her hardest to not get everyone horribly killed.

im an artist too! see my works at my art dump below
    //showthrea...aut-s-Art-Dump

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't restrict them to only genetic manipulation, as we all know THE FLESH IS WEAK!

Cyborgisation is the future, or maybe its LRP to become a cyborg willingly?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    make this thing a WL. i mean why not

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From my experience and what I saw of them, they seem like an interesting faction. The main criticisms with them seem to be that their armor is hilariously overpowered, according to some people I spoke with, they were able to take multiple PB buckshot blasts and barely took any damage from it, as well as xenos being unable to do anything besides knock them down.

I am curious about them, though. Expand on the lore a bit, because as it stands they are just 'weird and overpowered guys in teal armor'.

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just L View Post
    From my experience and what I saw of them, they seem like an interesting faction. The main criticisms with them seem to be that their armor is hilariously overpowered, according to some people I spoke with, they were able to take multiple PB buckshot blasts and barely took any damage from it, as well as xenos being unable to do anything besides knock them down.

I am curious about them, though. Expand on the lore a bit, because as it stands they are just 'weird and overpowered guys in teal armor'.
    Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, I messed up some values and they were taking 0.5% damage instead of 10%
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by forest2001 View Post
    Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, I messed up some values and they were taking 0.5% damage instead of 10%
    All good, I know how messy varediting stuff can be. It made for a fun round and a good way to end the otherwise extremely dull LZ1 megafob stalemates on Big Red, so that's what matters more than anything.

There was actually a brand new player in deadchat going 'Is this how every round on here is??' in an excited/interested way, so you probably made his day by making the round that fun and wild.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by forest2001 View Post
    Hah, that explains a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Just L View Post
    There was actually a brand new player in deadchat going 'Is this how every round on here is??' in an excited/interested way, so you probably made his day by making the round that fun and wild.
    I saw that, it was adorable. As far as rounds go, that one was a good example of just how weird things can get on CM13, because that was a really strange round start to finish. Delta on FOB, Charlie without supplies, 3/4 squads mutinying and destroying the CIC, then that fantastic Queen vs. Queen wrestling match... I would say as long as 917 and other events that interfere with Marine vs. Xeno stay rare, it should be all good.

Maybe 917 could have their own goals, and ability to, to for example capture a live predator or specific xenomorph caste, or even a specific human, and could offer to make a deal with whichever faction they want to enlist in helping. That would require them to be able to talk to Xenomorphs, but I'm sure they could come equipped with some sort of bug translator. Humans can always be bribed with shiny new toys, not sure what they could offer to Predators, but I'm sure a Xeno would never say no to some sort of injection that buffs them, only available from 917.