User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 917 Special Operations

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having pseudo-antags is always an interesting idea. They aren't working with the marines or xenos, but can actively work against the goal of either side without trying to sabotage them.

How could they roleplay with xenos, though?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just L View Post
    How could they roleplay with xenos, though?
    Not a clue. Kidnap a marine and bring him as a peace offering to the queen? I fully admit I'm not very good at thinking up ideas for events or their mechanics, I'm exclusively just a dumbass PFC who got lost on his way to college, because the proper xeno vs. marine rounds is what I enjoy the most. It's like watching a movie every time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the idea, especially if the change that was mentioned in the dev QA of "giving both sides win conditions aside from just annihilating the other side" comes true. It seems like they could use some dev love though. I got stuck when bursting as one of their xenos, and it sounds like there was manual variable editing involved in getting them equippeded and their armor working.

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The chemical that infected the researcher broke a little bit and when I tried to fix it, things got worse.
    I'll see what I can come up with and try to keep this thread updated with my plans for timing of next OP if nothing else.

Edit: The main difficulty is the length of time it takes to set them up as it degrades the options they have on what to do.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They definitely need a proper introduction into any round they’re placed in. First I saw of one was it getting wailed on on the Alamo launch platform. They seem less ridiculous than the death squad since I saw them getting knocked down frequently, and they weren’t armed with deathsquad level 1-burst-crit weaponry. Even though they were getting knocked down though... yeah, I saw them take stupid levels of punishment from the xenos. One was completely surrounded and getting continuously slashed and don’t think his health bar dropped 10%. Like death squadron, careful implementation is prolly best. Especially if they drag out the Green Queen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thumbs up to your creativity Forest. If you can flesh them out next and define them a little more, such as their relationship (if any) with the USMC and aliens, then it would make them feel that much more real.

Good luck - definitely interested as they seem badass.

How do they recruit?

Is the goal of the PMC just money, or something else?

How do their mercs behave?

What is their hierarchy?

Is there anything they want from aliens or the USMC?

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm making a wiki page for them so I can write everything up nicely.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm interested to see what exactly they want from the USMC and Xenos.
    Are they just genetically enhanced? I wonder if one getting hugged would have any effect on the resulting xeno...
    I get the feeling that the operators are the kind of dudes who don't say or do anything unnecessary and are here to get the job done, only tolerating those who are helping them or are staying out of the way.
    I for sure noticed their robust armor, but what of their other gear? I saw DB energy swords, but one could wonder what else they have.
    I did notice the Wiki listed 917 Synthetics as a role, that could be interesting if they had specialized weapons.

I was the Xeno Queen in the round where I had to brawl with 917 and had the Duel of Fates with the Cyan Queen, that was awesome (even though I was sure our hive was destined to lose with how strong the 917 guys were).
    We were expecting an enemy Queen at some point due to the hive messages, but the 917 Ops guys put us WAY off guard.

When refined I bet they can be a more mysterious alternative to WY. Looking forward to seeing what they become.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    very balanced instant hardstun guns, demolishes deathsquad with ease

ever wanted to instantly remove someone from the game? now introducing the mateba autorevolver ++, which can instantly hardstun, stunlock, and permanently kill someone in two simple shots!
    nothing, not even an M5X exoskeleton, will stop these high-impact bullets

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can I give my idea of how they should work?
    917 is a real group, a paramilitary corporation, but they are also a front for a group with much darker intentions. They are a front for the Alliance for a New Humanity, a group of genetically modified people who believe that as the pinnacle of human evolution. They use this buisness to funnel illicit finances for their operations.

Gear wise: They are too overpowered, my rule is that if they are able to beat a DS, they're too overpowered