User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 917 Special Operations

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgtmind View Post
    Gear wise: They are too overpowered, my rule is that if they are able to beat a DS, they're too overpowered
    A deathsquad can be beaten by a box of nades, it doesn't mean that much as a standard.

Whitelisted Captain BatHoovyDood's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only seen 917 in two rounds so far, but I have mostly liked what I have seen. A 3rd party that doesn't just have the goal of go kill marines/xenos is something that is sorely needed.
    - Squad Leader Cassandra 'Boston' Ellis (and overconfident CO)

(Probably already dead)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got to participate in 1 of this event where 917 was tasked to obtain back stolen serum from WY Commandos.

Task: To retrieve stolen serum from WY Commandos and employ USS Almayer's help in exchange for good compensation.

Team:
    -Ares: Merc Officer. M41A/2 Rifle and Mateba loadout. Kept spamming warcries
    -Hades: Merc Enforcer. Freelancer weapons. Only 1 who died :P (but got revived subsequently).
    -Hermes: Merc Enforcer. Freelancer weapons.
    -Poseidon: Merc Enforcer. Freelancer weapons(MAR40 and Desert Eagle). That was me!
    -Zeus: Sector Officer (Team Leader).

The event started with good RP where we went to USS Almayer CIC and requested their help. Zeus and CPT then went to a private meeting in their office to which we stood guard outside professionally. RP was very good. Zeus did most of the talking. We behaved like elite commandos, lining up when needed and following orders. CMP was little suspicious and kept saying to watch us.

We then went to DS2 to deploy where CMP kept locking doors on us (maybe to prevent us from deploying) and Zeus ended up blasting him off and deploying us to planet. We had a researcher who were initially going for field surgery but for some reason decided to follow us. We landed on LZ2 on LV (LZ1 was FOB) and went west and then north from there. The hut was fortified by Deathsquad commandos and they had a mortar deployed too for some reason. We arrived there blasted them C4ed the hut walls. For some reason, they didnt fire back until we have had couple of shots on them. We downed all 3 very easily and then proceeded to steal their gear which equipped us with Matebas. This was a real powerspike for us. DS failed to use their matebas and seemed not well prepared. After stealing their gear, we were now armed to teeth.

The first fight could have been harder if DS used their weapons right but they got robusted easily which led to us having matebas. Then we took ladders to the bunker and executed a two prong attack, 1 from main entrance and other C4ed wall of medical and went in. Due to some reason they were not prepared for medical flank. (They said in dchat later rock walls were removed which were earlier there). They had MGs set up with lots of cades. But this time all of us had matebas and from corner hugging and matebas stuns we completely steamrolled them. (They Again didnt use their matebas or missed their shots, not sure). After killing them all, we took over the bunker and started searching for serum. Meanwhile, the researcher who was following us patched our little wounds and we looted DS commandos. I ended up having 3 Matebas now after looting them all. Ares hacked open the safe to find the serum in the meantime. Some marines came down ladders to join us who I sent them back but then a marine came who started firing us and got blasted off and the second one also got shot due to first 1 being hostile. the second guy had come earlier to join us which we had refused and wasnt hostile so i took him to researcher for treatment. He subsequently just watched us murder all the incoming forces and would have been quite satisfied with his decision of not messing with us.

We got a message of incoming commandos and to defend the bunker. Now came PMCs and marines using DS gear. The fight again proved to be easy given sheer number of matebas and bad nade throws by PMCs. On my side, 3 M20 PMC nades were thrown (all uncooked) out of which I threw back 2 of them and dodged 1 by running away. Those nades really fucked them. We had entries locked down from multiple entries and they got murdered bad. Hades went down in the fight but we killed the rest. We were too strong at this point looting death DS of their matebas and PMCs of their M20s.

After the things calmed, researcher defibbed Hades and autodoced him and me. I had some damage but was in fighting shape. The armor is really good and balanced us having lesser numbers than deathsquad. But once we got matebas and DS not using theirs really tilted the fight in our favour heavily. Overall, I felt robust people who came to fight us didnt have strong enough weapons and those who had were either not ready or just got robusted by us. The situation would have been different if the 3 DS we fought initially would have stayed at bunker and have fought with us together with their other mates.

After obtaining the serum, we went back to the hut using ladders from the bunker. Then we went to LZ2 , called it down, got in and were told to cuff PO but Ares ended up shooting his ass. He didnt listen well enough as he was busy with warcries . Researcher was still following us as he was fired from USS Almayer Research position. We landed on Almayer on DS2 pad, went west swiftly then south to maintenance. Our ship was docked at south umbilical port. We boarded it and escaped USS Almayer having completed our objective of retrieving serum. Researcher had some concerns as he was fired and escaped with us to which we promised hefty reward. But then our automated systems alerted us of missile lockdown from USS Almayer. We went to communications console to send message to USS Almayer that we have a hostage onboard but the comms syster were down. And then the missiles hit us and the 917 team went down along with the researcher. (Basically got abombed).

Overall, very fun event. Though we became too powerful once we got matebas. DS could have had more numbers or PMCs who came to fight us. But the researcher that came with us and looted weapons made us strong. Each one of us is quite decent player (may not be the best but decent enough) and we had very strong armor and very strong looted weapons which resulted in us steamrolling everything.

Suggestions: Reduce matebas count. Give 917 something like tac shotties so they dont go looting maybe. You will have an idea of their power then given a fixed loadout. And can decide number of ERT members to counter them with much more ease.
    Few Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Desmet View Post
    Snip
    I'm glad you had fun.

I'm still working on the loadouts I want them to have, and the strength of their armour.
    Ideally the mercenary gear set would be for their lowest level security forces, rather than their actual field operatives. Alas the matebas and relatively strong genetic changes and armour.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by forest2001 View Post
    I'm glad you had fun.

I'm still working on the loadouts I want them to have, and the strength of their armour.
    Ideally the mercenary gear set would be for their lowest level security forces, rather than their actual field operatives. Alas the matebas and relatively strong genetic changes and armour.
    No Mateba bullshit. If someone has bigass armor, then he shouldn't be able to stun you easly and Mateba stuns even Deathsquad with level 5 endurance and their armor. Mateba is just big buffed slug that shoots faster and more accurate.

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    Snip
    I intend to ensure that doesn't happen again. Unfortunately as the deathsquad got wiped out, matebas became freely available.
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello this was Ares yes I cracked a safe it was epic

Great event though in terms of fun for the 917 members. Not too balanced for others though.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems Mary Sue-ish ngl

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Survivor View Post
    Seems Mary Sue-ish ngl
    Would you care to elaborate what you mean with this statement? The term Mary Sue is extremely vague.

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyvrem View Post
    Would you care to elaborate what you mean with this statement? The term Mary Sue is extremely vague.
    Too perfect. No flaws or weaknesses.
    At least, that is what I presume.
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler: